|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 140 - 141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the king's death?
(a) He is stabbed as he walks in the garden.
(b) A poisoned glass of wine.
(c) He chokes on a morsel of food.
(d) A fall from his horse.
2. Peter sends a note to the Judge-General requesting two things. What are they?
(a) A glass of wine with every meal and his mother's dollhouse.
(b) A glass of wine with every meal and his mother's photograph.
(c) A napkin with every meal and his mother's dollhouse.
(d) A napkin with every meal and his mother's photograph.
3. When the reader learns that Thomas has a need to drink himself to sleep, what might the reader might also infer?
(a) That Thomas is guilty of murder.
(b) That Thomas will reveal his secret.
(c) That Thomas is worried about what is to happen.
(d) That Thomas will have a breakdown.
4. Flagg has a nightmare about which of the following?
(a) An injured ankle.
(b) An injured hand.
(c) An injured ear.
(d) An injured eye.
5. Which of the following is an ironic twist in this story?
(a) All witnesses have suitable alibies.
(b) The witnesses are all found guilty.
(c) The judge does not want to try the case because it involves the king.
(d) The actual murderer is called as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the rescuers approach the castle?
2. How does Peter react when he hears someone coming?
3. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
4. What is the prisoner using to help him escape?
5. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)