|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 99 - 101.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the reader learns that Thomas has a need to drink himself to sleep, what might the reader might also infer?
(a) That Thomas is guilty of murder.
(b) That Thomas will reveal his secret.
(c) That Thomas is worried about what is to happen.
(d) That Thomas will have a breakdown.
2. What reaction does Peter have when the first of the items he requested is delivered?
(a) He politely says "Thank you."
(b) He smiles for the first time in weeks.
(c) He flies into a rage.
(d) He cries.
3. Which of the following characters is most likely to be the greatest help in getting to the prisoner?
4. When a group of men recognize Peter's long-time friend, what happens?
(a) They offer to help in any way they can.
(b) They attempt to kill him.
(c) They surround him and protect him from others.
(d) They attempt to beat him.
5. In the note to the Judge-General, Peter makes it seem as though he is doing what?
(a) Simply asking for an early release.
(b) Simply asking for special treatment.
(c) Simply asking for common courtesies.
(d) Simply asking for additional comforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter not need to worry about being discovered as he plans his escape?
2. As Peter is thinking about his escape, he finds something that will help. What is it?
3. How is Thomas able to watch another without being noticed?
4. Which of the following enjoys spying on the king?
5. How does the author add to the suspense about Peter's plans?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)