|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 54 - 55 | Chapters 56 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to kill the queen?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her maid.
(d) Her husband's advisor.
2. Why does the king choose the gift that he gives his bride?
(a) It will prove how much he loves her.
(b) It will make her a better queen.
(c) It will make her love him more.
(d) It will help her feel better about leaving home.
3. How does the murderer guarantee help with the plot to kill the queen?
(a) By buying the favor of the king.
(b) By acquiring skills in black magic.
(c) By saving a young man's life.
(d) By enlisting the aid of another murderer.
4. What does Peter do as a young boy that proves he is kindhearted?
(a) He saves a bird with a broken wing.
(b) He saves the groom from a runaway horse.
(c) He saves a horse with a broken leg.
(d) He saves a dog with a broken leg.
5. How does Peter prove that he is the rightful king?
(a) He fights for his rights when he is attacked.
(b) He dons the crown and stands on his balcony for all to see.
(c) He waits until the guard's back is turned and then walks out the door.
(d) He makes demands that only a king could make.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are butlers in the castle?
2. Thomas becomes gravely ill and awakens to learn what about himself?
3. What is used in an aborted plot to kill the queen?
4. Which of the following themes is not introduced as the story progresses?
5. When the court magician is asked to identify the murder weapon, he takes great pains to show its strength. What does he do to prove how deadly it is?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)