|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 54 - 55 | Chapters 56 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flagg attempt to frame Peter?
(a) By hiding the murder weapon where it will be found.
(b) By going to the police.
(c) By spreading rumors.
(d) By leaving clues throughout the castle.
2. Thomas becomes gravely ill and awakens to learn what about himself?
(a) He has become king.
(b) He has slept for an entire year.
(c) He is a murderer.
(d) He has been banished from the kingdom.
3. Which of the following hampers the trial proceedings?
(a) The people do not think Peter is guilty.
(b) A fair judge cannot be found.
(c) Peter has already become king.
(d) The court magician has lost the evidence.
4. How does Thomas react when he feels neglected by his father?
(a) He plans to kill his brother.
(b) He stones a dog to death.
(c) He tries harder to win his father's approval.
(d) He decides to run away from home.
5. Why is the attempt on the queen's life aborted?
(a) The murderer secretly loved the queen.
(b) The king found out about the plot against the queen.
(c) The queen found out about the plot against her.
(d) It was likely the king would know who was guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plots to bring ruin to the kingdom?
2. What two things does Peter insist in his letter to the Judge-General?
3. Why is it important for Peter to follow his mother's instructions?
4. Which of the following cannot be found in the castle?
5. Why does the murderer want to kill the queen?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)