|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 20 | Chapter 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following themes is not introduced as the story progresses?
(a) Parental neglect.
(b) Guilt and shame.
(c) Sibling ribalry.
(d) Murder and deceit.
2. The king's adviser suggests that he take the queen's wedding gift away from the one who has found it and is using it. Why does the king not follow this advice?
(a) He realizes it is harmless to allow the gift to be used.
(b) He no longer trusts what anyone says to him.
(c) He realizes the gift is broken and useless.
(d) If he stopped anyone from using it, he would not be able to use it himself.
3. How does the murderer guarantee help with the plot to kill the queen?
(a) By buying the favor of the king.
(b) By enlisting the aid of another murderer.
(c) By acquiring skills in black magic.
(d) By saving a young man's life.
4. What does Peter do as a young boy that proves he is kindhearted?
(a) He saves a bird with a broken wing.
(b) He saves a dog with a broken leg.
(c) He saves the groom from a runaway horse.
(d) He saves a horse with a broken leg.
5. How does the author describe the first king in The Eyes of the Dragon?
(a) A very old man who is not expected to live long.
(b) A middle aged man with a large family.
(c) A young and vibrant man who will be an excellent leader.
(d) An old man with three sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king's wife not use the wedding gift?
2. What does Peter's mother encourage him to use at meals?
3. What is the name of the kingdom in this story?
4. Why does the murderer want to kill the queen?
5. Who are Roland's sons?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)