Chapter 1 | Chapters 2 - 5
• The kingdom of Delain is ruled by a king with two sons.
• The king is old and the people expect his older son to become king.
• The king's magician wants to destroy the kingdom and plots to kill the king and his oldest son.
• The king's wife dies giving birth to their second son.
• Themes of revenge, guilt and shame, and sibling rivalry are introduced.
Chapter 6 | Chapters 7 - 8
• Sasha teaches her young son Peter to always use a napkin with his meals.
• It becomes clear that napkins will play an important part later in the story.
• The king gives his bride a wedding present of a dollhouse just like one she had as a child.
• Peter enjoys playing with his mother's dollhouse.
• Roland refuses to follow Flagg's advice about the dollhouse, proving that he no longer turns to Flagg for advice.
Chapter 9 - 10 | Chapter 11
This section contains 1,768 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)