|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind think no one will be interested in a war fought over?
2. Life might have turned out more piquant, with a little extra cream in it if only there had been _______on the sandwich.
3. How is the Tsortean army defending the central citadel?
4. What is Eric disappointed not to find in Hell?
5. What do the demons pretend to give to Astfgl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hell under Astfgl's rule.
2. Why is Lavaeolus' parting phrase to Rincewind in Tsort the saddest thing Eric has ever heard?
3. Describe Hell's demons.
4. Describe Duke Vassenego.
5. Describe Lavaeolus.
6. What miscommunication is present between Elenor and the Ephebian army?
7. What indications are present in the novel that imply Rincewind and Lavaeolus are related?
8. Why is Astfgl upset after asking Death if he has seen Eric and Rincewind?
9. What is different about Hell's boredom from the boredom that Rincewind likes?
10. Describe Lavaeolus' reunion with Rincewind and Eric.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the presence of ambition in the novel. Which characters are ambitious? Where does their ambition lead them? What are the consequences of their ambition? Are the consequences immediate or eventual? What moral can be found in the consequences of ambition? Does it appear that the author has an opinion on ambition?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Rincewind with his suspected ancestor, Lavaeolus. What indicates they may be related? What similarities do they share? How is their behavior different? What opinions do they share?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Disc as a setting. What is possible? What is not possible? What similarities does it share with our world? What is unique about it? Consider the aspects listed below.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)