|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eric say is the reason Lavaeolus' dog will die?
(a) Carrying his slippers in his mouth for fifteen years.
(b) Heart break.
(c) From overfeeding.
(d) Defending his master.
2. When Rincewind asks where he and Eric are, what does he think is Urglefloggah's answer?
(a) In a bird.
(b) In Hell.
(c) In Ankh-Morpork.
3. "A civilian was in every respect the lowest possible rank there was, coming somewhere after the regimental _______."
(c) Cauliflower-eared sword-swinger.
4. What have the demons installed in Astfgl's new office, informing him it is so he can communicate with his underlings?
(a) Cup phones.
(b) The Mirror of Souls.
(c) A speaking tube.
(d) An intercom.
5. What musical instrument does Eric think he and Rincewind need to escape Hell?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A lyre.
(c) A pan flute.
(d) A harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. The creator claims to have once done a whole world and left out the _____, which caused people deep psychological problems.
2. What in Hell looks like green leather and smells like a sloth?
3. Where does Eric's magic circle transport Eric and Rincewind?
4. What in Tsort leads Lavaeolus, Rincewind and Eric into the center of the citadel?
5. How many spells go into making the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indications are present in the novel that imply Rincewind and Lavaeolus are related?
2. Describe Lavaeolus' reunion with Rincewind and Eric.
3. What is Duke Vassanego's plan to overthrow Astfgl?
4. How do Eric's three wishes result in happy endings?
5. Why is the man Rincewind and Eric meet in "the bill" insist on being "a creator" instead of "the Creator?"
6. How is the Luggage instrumental in Rincewind's capture by Astfgl and escape escape from Hell?
7. Describe Hell's demons.
8. Describe Lavaeolus.
9. Why is Astfgl so desperate to find Rincewind and Eric?
10. Why is Lavaeolus' parting phrase to Rincewind in Tsort the saddest thing Eric has ever heard?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)