|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Rincewind count around Elenor?
2. When in Hell, Rincewind realizes that "For ______ to be enjoyable there had to be something to compare it with."
3. Who is supposed to be along soon after the creator to "take care of all the people, etc," since the creator never seems "to get the arms and legs right?"
(b) The shapers.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Demon lords.
4. What does Elenor's child call Private Archeios?
(a) Giddy Up.
(b) Mr. Poo.
(c) Miss Stinkies.
5. Azaremoth guards a man chained to a rock. What is the second part of Azaremoth's name?
(a) Spawn of the Pit.
(b) Dread slave of darkness.
(c) The Stench of Dog Breath.
(d) Torture's right tentacle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The creator takes pride in the craftsmanship of a specific aspect of his work. What does the creator say takes years to learn to make?
2. After Eric's adventure in Tsort, what change in Eric does Astfgl see that he finds unacceptable?
3. What is the first piece of matter that Death witnesses popping into existence?
4. Who does Astfgl meet at the end of the universe?
5. What do the demons supply in abundance for Astfgl in his new office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Eric's three wishes result in happy endings?
2. What miscommunication is present between Elenor and the Ephebian army?
3. What brings about the destruction of Tsort?
4. Describe Hell under Astfgl's rule.
5. How is Astfgl instrumental in the ending of his own reign?
6. How is Eric's third wish fulfilled?
7. How is the Luggage instrumental in Rincewind's capture by Astfgl and escape escape from Hell?
8. What is different about Hell's boredom from the boredom that Rincewind likes?
9. Why is Astfgl upset after asking Death if he has seen Eric and Rincewind?
10. Describe Lavaeolus.
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)