|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is secretly granting Eric's three wishes?
(a) Duke Vassenego.
2. Where does Astfgl take Rincewind and Eric, where the other demons hang a banner that says, "Hale To Ther Cheve."
(a) His office.
(b) The Road to Hell.
(c) The great hall.
(d) The eighth circle.
3. After transporting out of Tsort, what do Eric and Rincewind notice is absent from their mouths?
4. What starts Tsort on fire?
(a) Rincewind tripping with an oil lamp.
(b) The Luggage knocking torches out of soldier's hands.
(c) A magical misfire from Eric.
(d) The Ephebian army.
5. What are the signs of a diseased mind, according to Rincewind?
(a) Multiple exclamation marks.
(b) Seeing snowflakes all the time.
(c) Tap shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elenor say was very kind to her during the siege?
2. "Astfgl had achieved in Hell a particularly high brand of _____..."
3. What do the demon lords dread receiving from Astfgl?
4. What do the demons pretend to give to Astfgl?
5. What does the man forever doomed to push a rock up a hill have to do once a week?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings about the destruction of Tsort?
2. Describe Lavaeolus.
3. How is Astfgl instrumental in the ending of his own reign?
4. Describe Elenor.
5. What indications are present in the novel that imply Rincewind and Lavaeolus are related?
6. After contemplating whether Lavaeolus should be warned about his fate, why does Rincewind choose not to?
7. Why is Astfgl upset after asking Death if he has seen Eric and Rincewind?
8. What is different about Hell's boredom from the boredom that Rincewind likes?
9. What is surprising about what Eric wants to be when he grows up?
10. How do Eric's three wishes result in happy endings?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)