|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does the Mirror of Souls report hearing when Astfgl orders it to show him what Rincewind and Eric are seeing in Hell?
2. What is peculiar about the Road to Hell?
(a) It leads to the underground sewers of Ankh-Morpork.
(b) It is more of an animal track than a road.
(c) It is paved with good intentions.
(d) It's decorated in paperwork.
3. What does Eric think should be a religious relic?
(a) The egg sandwich.
(b) A paperclip.
(c) The Luggage.
(d) The beach where they land.
4. What are the signs of a diseased mind, according to Rincewind?
(a) Seeing snowflakes all the time.
(b) Tap shoes.
(d) Multiple exclamation marks.
5. What are Astfgl's wings made of?
(a) The screams of tortured souls.
(b) Paperwork and hedonism.
(c) Warts and nasty thoughts.
(d) Magnetism and shaped space.
6. What does the name Lavaeolus translate to mean?
(a) Weasel of war.
(b) Fleeing Coward.
(c) Rinser of winds.
(d) Cunning madman.
7. What is Eric disappointed not to find in Hell?
8. What does the creator say the Big Bang could just as easily have been?
(a) A Concerto.
(b) A Bit of a Burp.
(c) A Quick Clap.
(d) A Big Hiss.
9. Urglefloggah doesn't think _____ people would last more than five minutes in hell.
10. After Eric's adventure in Tsort, what change in Eric does Astfgl see that he finds unacceptable?
(a) He is forgetting about demons.
(b) He is more likeable.
(c) He is becoming a powerful sorcerer.
(d) He is growing older.
11. What does the unguarded portal allow to enter Hell?
(b) An egg and cress sandwich.
(d) The Luggage.
12. What was Ponce Da Quirm's mistake in drinking from the Fountain of Youth?
(a) Choking on the water.
(b) Not boiling the water.
(c) Not counting to three before swallowing.
(d) Adding lemon.
13. What are several chained and groaning people being shown in the second Hell pit that Rincewind and Eric encounter?
(a) Volumes of unsafety manuals.
(c) Vacation pictures.
(d) A hernia operation.
14. What must the man forever doomed to push a rock up a hill in Hell listen to before he pushes?
(a) The off-key singing of a hefty female demon.
(b) A volume from an unsafety manual.
(c) An unfinished symphony.
(d) Statements of Policy.
15. Life might have turned out more piquant, with a little extra cream in it if only there had been _______on the sandwich.
(d) Barbeque Sauce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the nations Tsort and Ephebe preparing for after the war?
2. What does Rincewind instruct Eric to do if he sees anything crawling out of the sea at the beginning of the universe?
3. When Rincewind asks where he and Eric are, what does he think is Urglefloggah's answer?
4. Why does Duke Vassenego let Rincewind and Eric escape?
5. What is the second piece of matter Death witnesses popping into existence?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)