|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of her thirty-one students, how many graduate from middle school at the ceremony Codell witnesses?
2. Why doesn't Codell respond favorably to the educational chiropractor?
3. Why does B. B. start to misbehave around 1:20 PM every day?
4. Who brings her two-year-old brother to school one day?
5. What does Esme think about the physical appearance of her former students at the graduation ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At a meeting early in the year, a teacher named Lillia mispronounces "conspicuous" and is corrected by Ms. Coil to the embarrassment and anger of Codell.
1)What does this incident reveal about Ms. Coil's character? About Codell's character?
2)What might this incident reveal about a larger problem with the educational bureaucracy?
Essay Topic 2
Jim Trelease in his Afterword calls Codell "always child-wise." What does he mean by this statement? Cite specific examples in the text to confirm this assertion.
Essay Topic 3
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)