|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Codell tell B. B., which she later apologizes for?
2. Why is Codell's day spoiled on April 11th?
3. Why is Codell impressed with her students when they have a field trip to the Historical Society?
4. In the Afterword, how does the chairman of the State Board of Education act when he visits a school?
5. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
Essay Topic 2
The class has a moment of unity when they read The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.
1)Describe the plot of The Hundred Dresses.
2)Why do you think the story caused Ashworth to reveal the fact of his missing finger to the class?
3)What larger comment does this incident make about the power of learning and of reading?
Essay Topic 3
Codell must frequently deal with misbehaving students.
1)What is Codell's attitude about bad behavior? Should a teacher consider the student's home situation when disciplining the child?
2)What is a principal's role in addressing and correcting bad behavior?
3)Why does Codell disagree with the corrective behavior administered by the parents of B. B. and Twanette, for two examples?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)