|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What teaching guidelines are given to the school by the Michael Jordan Foundation?
2. What song does Codell hear in her mind when she has recess duty?
3. Why does Codell compare teaching to a bottle cap in her poem "How to Teach Learning"?
4. How does Codell teach the students to multiply double-digit numbers?
5. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the numerous challenges of the poor, urban educational environment? How does Codell's attitude on this topic differ from Mr. Turner's?
Essay Topic 2
Codell must frequently deal with misbehaving students.
1)What is Codell's attitude about bad behavior? Should a teacher consider the student's home situation when disciplining the child?
2)What is a principal's role in addressing and correcting bad behavior?
3)Why does Codell disagree with the corrective behavior administered by the parents of B. B. and Twanette, for two examples?
Essay Topic 3
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)