Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Essay Topic 1
Codell uses innovative (and sometimes controversial) teaching techniques for her lessons.
1)Choose three instances of Codell using an unconventional teaching technique.
2)Argue why these teaching techniques might be effective in getting the students to learn the material.
3)Take the other side, and argue why these teaching techniques may not be effective.
Essay Topic 2
In many ways, Codell presents Mr. Turner as her opposite.
1)Write a paragraph-long character description of Codell, and then of Mr. Turner. Include anything from physical traits to personality traits.
2)Contrast what you've written about each person. How does Codell differ from Mr. Turner?
3)How does the "Madame Esme" controversy further define the differences between the two?
4)How does the Epilogue's graduation speech further define the differences between the two?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Codell's unique approach to classroom reading. How does she divide the students, and what roles do they have? What might be the advantages to such a system? What are possible disadvantages?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)