Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Essay Topic 1
What are the numerous challenges of the poor, urban educational environment? How does Codell's attitude on this topic differ from Mr. Turner's?
Essay Topic 2
Is Codell emotionally involved with her students? Is "love" an appropriate term for Codell's relationship with her students? What might Codell say about the value (or danger) of a teacher's emotional attachment with his or her students? How might this attachment affect the learning process?
Essay Topic 3
In a few places in the text, Codell speaks of why she's doing what she's doing, and what reward, literally or figurative, she is receiving for her work.
1)Describe two times in the text that Codell has felt "rewarded" in her work.
2)What is the nature of this "reward"? How does this relate to a teacher's purpose in general?
3)What might be considered Codell's ultimate reward, to her mind? In a perfect world, what kind of satisfaction would she be receiving from her work, and what form would it take?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)