Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Essay Topic 1
A fellow teacher at Codell's school states that the modern teacher must not only be a teacher, but oftentimes a mother, a counselor, and more. State Codell's own attitude in regards to a teacher's enlarging role in a child's life. What might be the advantages to a child when a teacher is more than a teacher? What might be the advantages to a child when a teacher stays strictly to teaching?
Essay Topic 2
As evidenced by teaching about the Holocaust and about sexual education, what does Codell see as the limits of presenting material to her class? What is Codell's attitude towards teaching uncomfortable or adult subjects to children?
Essay Topic 3
Is Codell emotionally involved with her students? Is "love" an appropriate term for Codell's relationship with her students? What might Codell say about the value (or danger) of a teacher's emotional attachment with his or her students? How might this attachment affect the learning process?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)