|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stages does Codell create as part of her Storyteller Festival?
2. Who brings her two-year-old brother to school one day?
3. Why does Codell compare teaching to an apple in her poem "How to Teach Learning"?
4. When do parents "throw a tantrum" at Esme's new school (as of the Epilogue)?
5. What conflict resolution does Kyle agree to with Zykrecia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
Essay Topic 2
The class has a moment of unity when they read The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.
1)Describe the plot of The Hundred Dresses.
2)Why do you think the story caused Ashworth to reveal the fact of his missing finger to the class?
3)What larger comment does this incident make about the power of learning and of reading?
Essay Topic 3
Codell must frequently deal with misbehaving students.
1)What is Codell's attitude about bad behavior? Should a teacher consider the student's home situation when disciplining the child?
2)What is a principal's role in addressing and correcting bad behavior?
3)Why does Codell disagree with the corrective behavior administered by the parents of B. B. and Twanette, for two examples?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)