Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Jim Trelease in his Afterword calls Codell "always child-wise." What does he mean by this statement? Cite specific examples in the text to confirm this assertion.
In a few places in the text, Codell speaks of why she's doing what she's doing, and what reward, literally or figurative, she is receiving for her work.
1)Describe two times in the text that Codell has felt "rewarded" in her work.
2)What is the nature of this "reward"? How does this relate to a teacher's purpose in general?
3)What might be considered Codell's ultimate reward, to her mind? In a perfect world, what kind of satisfaction would she be receiving from her work, and what form would it take?
The class has a moment of unity when they read The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.
1)Describe the plot of The Hundred Dresses.
2)Why do you think the story caused Ashworth to reveal the fact of his missing finger to the class?
3)What larger comment does this incident make about the power of learning and of reading?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)