|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
2. What does prefabricated curriculum lead to, in Codell's opinion?
3. What award does Codell receive during the events in the book?
4. What does Codell tell B. B., which she later apologizes for?
5. Why did Esme receive a low teacher rating in her second year of teaching?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A fellow teacher at Codell's school states that the modern teacher must not only be a teacher, but oftentimes a mother, a counselor, and more. State Codell's own attitude in regards to a teacher's enlarging role in a child's life. What might be the advantages to a child when a teacher is more than a teacher? What might be the advantages to a child when a teacher stays strictly to teaching?
Essay Topic 2
Is Codell emotionally involved with her students? Is "love" an appropriate term for Codell's relationship with her students? What might Codell say about the value (or danger) of a teacher's emotional attachment with his or her students? How might this attachment affect the learning process?
Essay Topic 3
The class has a moment of unity when they read The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.
1)Describe the plot of The Hundred Dresses.
2)Why do you think the story caused Ashworth to reveal the fact of his missing finger to the class?
3)What larger comment does this incident make about the power of learning and of reading?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)