Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Essay Topic 1
In many ways, Codell presents Mr. Turner as her opposite.
1)Write a paragraph-long character description of Codell, and then of Mr. Turner. Include anything from physical traits to personality traits.
2)Contrast what you've written about each person. How does Codell differ from Mr. Turner?
3)How does the "Madame Esme" controversy further define the differences between the two?
4)How does the Epilogue's graduation speech further define the differences between the two?
Essay Topic 2
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone of EDUCATING ESME. What does Codell wish for readers to take away from her journal? How is any discussion of tone complicated by the fact that, presumably, Codell was writing a private journal and did not expect her entries to be read by anyone else?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)