Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Essay Topic 1
Is Codell emotionally involved with her students? Is "love" an appropriate term for Codell's relationship with her students? What might Codell say about the value (or danger) of a teacher's emotional attachment with his or her students? How might this attachment affect the learning process?
Essay Topic 2
EDUCATING ESME is written as a series of journal entries. What effect does this format have on the narrative? What are its advantages and possible disadvantages?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Codell's unique approach to classroom reading. How does she divide the students, and what roles do they have? What might be the advantages to such a system? What are possible disadvantages?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)