|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Codell's unique approach to classroom reading. How does she divide the students, and what roles do they have? What might be the advantages to such a system? What are possible disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
Codell must frequently deal with misbehaving students.
1)What is Codell's attitude about bad behavior? Should a teacher consider the student's home situation when disciplining the child?
2)What is a principal's role in addressing and correcting bad behavior?
3)Why does Codell disagree with the corrective behavior administered by the parents of B. B. and Twanette, for two examples?
Essay Topic 3
Codell's insistence on being called "Madame Esme" is a constant sore spot for her principal Mr. Turner. What reasons does Codell provide for being stubborn on this point? How does this matter relate in a broader sense to Codell's personality and attitude as revealed in her writing?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)