Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
What does the Miss Clark incident as well as the stabbing of the substitute teacher incident reveal about the right and wrong way to behave as a teacher? How do these incidents validate Codell's own philosophy about how to behave in front of one's students?
In many ways, Codell presents Mr. Turner as her opposite.
1)Write a paragraph-long character description of Codell, and then of Mr. Turner. Include anything from physical traits to personality traits.
2)Contrast what you've written about each person. How does Codell differ from Mr. Turner?
3)How does the "Madame Esme" controversy further define the differences between the two?
4)How does the Epilogue's graduation speech further define the differences between the two?
Codell uses innovative (and sometimes controversial) teaching techniques for her lessons.
1)Choose three instances of Codell using an unconventional teaching technique.
2)Argue why these teaching techniques might be effective in getting the students to learn the material.
3)Take the other side, and argue why these teaching techniques may not be effective.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)