|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimate fear does Codell express about Melanie?
2. Which student does Codell believe has the potential to become a children's book illustrator?
3. Why does B. B. start to misbehave around 1:20 PM every day?
4. What does JoEllen ask Codell during sexual education?
5. According to the educational chiropractor, how many units can a teacher teach per school year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Miss Clark incident as well as the stabbing of the substitute teacher incident reveal about the right and wrong way to behave as a teacher? How do these incidents validate Codell's own philosophy about how to behave in front of one's students?
Essay Topic 2
A fellow teacher at Codell's school states that the modern teacher must not only be a teacher, but oftentimes a mother, a counselor, and more. State Codell's own attitude in regards to a teacher's enlarging role in a child's life. What might be the advantages to a child when a teacher is more than a teacher? What might be the advantages to a child when a teacher stays strictly to teaching?
Essay Topic 3
Codell must frequently deal with misbehaving students.
1)What is Codell's attitude about bad behavior? Should a teacher consider the student's home situation when disciplining the child?
2)What is a principal's role in addressing and correcting bad behavior?
3)Why does Codell disagree with the corrective behavior administered by the parents of B. B. and Twanette, for two examples?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)