|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Codell teach Melanie to control her destructive urges?
2. What gift does Codell receive from her students on the last day of school?
3. What is the stated purpose of the "educational chiropractor" early in Part III?
4. What unusual request does Ms. Coil make of Codell?
5. What song does Codell hear in her mind when she has recess duty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As evidenced by teaching about the Holocaust and about sexual education, what does Codell see as the limits of presenting material to her class? What is Codell's attitude towards teaching uncomfortable or adult subjects to children?
Essay Topic 2
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
Essay Topic 3
What are the numerous challenges of the poor, urban educational environment? How does Codell's attitude on this topic differ from Mr. Turner's?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)