|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Codell take her students outside for a field trip on January 7th?
2. How does Melanie react to the birthday party Codell throws for her on January 8th?
3. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
4. What does Codell tell Mr. Turner about why he did not receive her classroom's inaugural newsletter?
5. Which student must be stopped from casting voodoo spells on students in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What February 15 incident nearly results in Codell quitting the school?
2. What toll has the school year taken on Codell?
3. What happens with Perry, the gang member Codell confronts regarding an incident on October 13?
4. What is Codell's opinion of the teaching education she received?
5. What is the nature of the fight between Shira and Twanette on September 30?
6. How is the "time machine" built?
7. What is Vanessa's problem with the Christmas assembly, and how does she overcome it?
8. What embarrassing exchange over pronunciation happens in Part I's meeting over Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
9. Describe how Zykrecia resolves a conflict with Kyle on March 28.
10. As revealed at the end of Part II, what is Codell's ultimate career aspiration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Codell's unique approach to classroom reading. How does she divide the students, and what roles do they have? What might be the advantages to such a system? What are possible disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
Is Codell emotionally involved with her students? Is "love" an appropriate term for Codell's relationship with her students? What might Codell say about the value (or danger) of a teacher's emotional attachment with his or her students? How might this attachment affect the learning process?
Essay Topic 3
Codell offers several criticisms of the educational bureaucracy. Describe these criticisms in the context of the following:
1)The Michael Jordan Foundation
2)The Educational "Chiropractor"
3)The approval process for the Fairy Tale Festival
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)