|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Codell's true intention in using the time machine?
2. Why do Codell and Mr. Turner fail to secure any donations, according to the July 28th entry?
3. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
4. How does Codell interact with the Slick Boys "Just Say No" campaign?
5. On December 14th, older children steal which of Codell's classroom accessories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the blue, pink, and gold sari Codell receives?
2. Describe Miss Clark's attempt to teach Codell's kids on January 11.
3. Why is Codell relieved when she refrains from yelling at Latoya for continually coming in late one week?
4. Describe some things Codell's class does for Halloween.
5. Who is Marky?
6. Explain the story of Ozzie becoming ill at school.
7. Briefly describe the day when Billy Williams becomes teacher for a day.
8. What February 15 incident nearly results in Codell quitting the school?
9. What embarrassing exchange over pronunciation happens in Part I's meeting over Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
10. What toll has the school year taken on Codell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Codell's unique approach to classroom reading. How does she divide the students, and what roles do they have? What might be the advantages to such a system? What are possible disadvantages?
Essay Topic 2
What are the numerous challenges of the poor, urban educational environment? How does Codell's attitude on this topic differ from Mr. Turner's?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Miss Clark incident as well as the stabbing of the substitute teacher incident reveal about the right and wrong way to behave as a teacher? How do these incidents validate Codell's own philosophy about how to behave in front of one's students?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)