|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
(a) She is afraid B. B. will decide to quit school altogether.
(b) She is afraid B. B. will beat up Vanessa in an act of revenge.
(c) She is afraid Mr. Turner will doubt that the suspension was necessary at all.
(d) She is afraid B. B. will return with a gun and shoot her.
2. According to the end of Part II, what is Codell's ultimate career aspiration?
(a) She wishes to join the teachers' union full-time.
(b) She wishes to become a school principal.
(c) She wishes to remain a teacher of fifth-graders.
(d) She wants to be a school librarian.
3. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
(a) The class scores best out of all the fifth-grade classes in the school.
(b) The class scores third-best out of all the fifth-grade classes in the school.
(c) The class performs poorly, and Codell is disappointed and disillusioned.
(d) The class scores the best in the state.
4. What does Codell tell B. B., which she later apologizes for?
(a) She tells B. B. he's very likely to end up in a street gang.
(b) She says he is acting like a jerk.
(c) She says B. B. deserved all the beatings his mother gave him.
(d) She says she wishes B. B. was not in her class.
5. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "discussion director" play?
(a) Making questions up about the book.
(b) Defining difficult words in the text.
(c) Reading passages out loud.
(d) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the teachers union representative react to Codell's request to become a representative?
2. What best describes Codell's approach to disciplining children?
3. What is the purpose of the class making a patchwork quilt?
4. What special guest(s) arrive(s) for the Storyteller Festival?
5. Who draws muscle men in his journal?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)