|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Codell's approach to disciplining children?
(a) The bulk of a teachers' efforts should be put toward discipline.
(b) Codell longs for the days in which teachers could physically discipline students, because it was so effective.
(c) Teachers should do little to no disciplining; disciplining stifles creativity.
(d) Teachers should only do mild disciplining; principals should handle true problem children.
2. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about Asia?
(a) Make sushi.
(b) Make a kimono.
(c) Dress as samurai.
(d) Stage a kabuki theater play.
3. What song does Codell hear in her mind when she has recess duty?
(a) "Cinderella's Departure for the Ball" by Prokofiev.
(b) "Sing a Simple Song" by Sly and the Family Stone.
(c) "Stoney End" by Laura Nyro.
(d) "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" by B. J. Thomas.
4. Why does Zykrecia pursue conflict resolution with Kyle?
(a) Kyle superglued Zykrecia's locker shut.
(b) Kyle stole a pink pencil from Zykrecia.
(c) Kyle punched her during lunch.
(d) Kyle made a lewd statement to Zykrecia.
5. Who is Codell especially impressed with, in respect to his or her stitching skills?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "discussion director" play?
2. According to Codell, how must a teacher behave with a student to get him/her to learn?
3. What important test does Codell's class take on May 13th?
4. What does Codell tell B. B., which she later apologizes for?
5. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)