|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the teachers union representative react to Codell's request to become a representative?
(a) The representative thinks that a rookie teacher is making an inappropriate power grab.
(b) The representative agrees to ask the local union leader about the switch, but nothing transpires.
(c) The representative tells Codell that she is too young to become a representative.
(d) The representative is happy to pass along such a burdensome responsibility.
2. Of her thirty-one students, how many graduate from middle school at the ceremony Codell witnesses?
3. Who brings her two-year-old brother to school one day?
4. Which word best completes the following Codell phrase: So much of teaching is _____.
(a) Constructing bulletin boards.
(c) Taking attendance.
(d) Tolerating bad behavior.
5. What kind of speeches are delivered at the middle school graduation ceremony, according to Codell?
(a) They are noble and uplifting.
(b) They scold the student body for a recent gang incident at the school.
(c) They seem to be pleas to the students not to start a life of crime.
(d) They are funny and endearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimate fear does Codell express about Melanie?
2. Which is NOT one of the reasons, according to Jim Trelease, that Educating Esme is "terribly relevant"?
3. Which student, according to Codell, is "an old lady in disguise"?
4. What does Jim Trelease blame for poor reading scores in "a certain western state"?
5. What teaching guidelines are given to the school by the Michael Jordan Foundation?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)