|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ozzie becoming ill at school?
(a) Ozzie has been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
(b) Fearful of going hungry, Ozzie eats several hamburgers at a time during lunch.
(c) Ozzie is eating Elmer's glue.
(d) Ozzie's nausea is purely psychosomatic.
2. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about light?
(a) Calculate the speed of light with a shoe box with a pinhole in it.
(b) Stage a shadow-puppet show.
(c) Learn Morse Code by clicking flashlights on and off.
(d) Paint rainbows, showing the accurate colors of a rainbow.
3. According to Jim Trelease, what kind of portrayal is Educating Esme, with respect to American education?
4. In the Afterword, how does the chairman of the State Board of Education act when he visits a school?
(a) He acts cold and indifferent.
(b) He acts extremely enthusiastic.
(c) He acts humble.
(d) He acts like he is royalty.
5. What is the plot of the story "The Pudding Like the Night on the Sea"?
(a) A pudding comes to life to terrorize a small town.
(b) A schoolgirl imagines that her pudding is the ocean, and she daydreams about a fantastic sea voyage.
(c) A pudding cup joins with other food items to defeat a rotten piece of cheese.
(d) A father threatens to whip and beat his son, but it turns out that the "whipping" and "beating" involve making pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student, according to Codell, is "an old lady in disguise"?
2. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about medieval history.
3. Why does Zykrecia pursue conflict resolution with Kyle?
4. Who draws muscle men in his journal?
5. Why is Codell's day spoiled on April 11th?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)