|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esme think about the physical appearance of her former students at the graduation ceremony?
(a) They are smaller than she remembers them.
(b) They seem huge, like little adults.
(c) They look just about the same.
(d) They look very different.
2. What does Codell tell B. B., which she later apologizes for?
(a) She says B. B. deserved all the beatings his mother gave him.
(b) She tells B. B. he's very likely to end up in a street gang.
(c) She says she wishes B. B. was not in her class.
(d) She says he is acting like a jerk.
3. How long after the events in the journal does Codell write her Epilogue?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Twelve years.
4. What is one of the songs Codell hears in her mind when Mr. Turner is frustrating her?
(a) "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones.
(b) "Perpetuum Mobile" by Novacek.
(c) "Control Yourself" by Jackie and Roy Kral.
(d) "Nothing from Nothing" by Billy Preston.
5. What ultimate fear does Codell express about Melanie?
(a) Melanie will fail as a storyteller, and ruin the Storyteller Festival.
(b) Melanie may grow up to become a felon.
(c) Melanie will likely have to repeat the fifth grade.
(d) Melanie may be expelled from the district after a hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student does Codell believe has the potential to become a children's book illustrator?
2. According to Jim Trelease, what kind of portrayal is Educating Esme, with respect to American education?
3. What does JoEllen ask Codell during sexual education?
4. Why is Latoya consistently late to school in the second week of April?
5. What conflict resolution does Kyle agree to with Zykrecia?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)