|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Esme, how do her new students in her new school (as of the Epilogue) behave?
(a) Like little angels.
(b) Like weird aliens.
(c) Like spoiled brats.
(d) Like gangster thugs.
2. When do parents "throw a tantrum" at Esme's new school (as of the Epilogue)?
(a) When not enough extracurricular activities are available.
(b) When their kids get C's.
(c) When the football team fails to make the state finals.
(d) When their kids get F's.
3. In the Epilogue, what is Esme Codell's impression of Mr. Turner?
(a) Mr. Turner is ogling young female teachers, which sickens Codell.
(b) Mr. Turner is unusually reserved.
(c) Mr. Turner appears to have changed, and his speech was actually quite stirring.
(d) Mr. Turner is the same prideful blowhard as ever.
4. What special guest(s) arrive(s) for the Storyteller Festival?
(a) Representatives from the foundation which gave Codell the grant for the festival.
(b) Connie Porter.
(c) Members of the Chicago Board of Education.
(d) Michael Jordan.
5. How does the teachers union representative react to Codell's request to become a representative?
(a) The representative thinks that a rookie teacher is making an inappropriate power grab.
(b) The representative tells Codell that she is too young to become a representative.
(c) The representative is happy to pass along such a burdensome responsibility.
(d) The representative agrees to ask the local union leader about the switch, but nothing transpires.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Epilogue, what emotion does Esme associate with her former students?
2. Why doesn't Codell alert administration when one of her students brings a baby brother to school?
3. What best describes Codell's approach to disciplining children?
4. What does JoEllen ask Codell during sexual education?
5. What does Codell allow Kyle to do in order to perform better at math?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)