|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about medieval history.
(a) Make a castle out of marshmallows.
(b) Have a mock jousting tournament.
(c) Make a diagram of all the parts of a knight's armor.
(d) Read Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and act out some of the stories.
2. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
(a) It is rowdy, and probably should have been held in the commons area and not the library.
(b) The students don't seem involved, and Codell should probably have chosen better stories.
(c) The stories chosen are much too long.
(d) Codell is exploring race relations with the chosen stories, which is too adult a matter to deal with.
3. What teaching guidelines are given to the school by the Michael Jordan Foundation?
(a) The Jordan Rules.
(b) The 3-Pointers of Success.
(c) The Slam Dunk Doctrines.
(d) The Championship Way.
4. Why is Latoya consistently late to school in the second week of April?
(a) Her family has been moved to a shelter, and she must take the train instead of walking.
(b) Latoya's mother has been beating her, and she cannot get out of bed until late every morning.
(c) Latoya is silently protesting the idea of coming to school.
(d) She is now living with her biological father, and must take a bus instead of walking.
5. What is the plot of the story "The Pudding Like the Night on the Sea"?
(a) A pudding cup joins with other food items to defeat a rotten piece of cheese.
(b) A father threatens to whip and beat his son, but it turns out that the "whipping" and "beating" involve making pudding.
(c) A schoolgirl imagines that her pudding is the ocean, and she daydreams about a fantastic sea voyage.
(d) A pudding comes to life to terrorize a small town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Codell teach the students to multiply double-digit numbers?
2. What is Codell's response when Rowisha tells her about B. B.'s horrible home life?
3. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
4. How does Codell prepare her students for the Storytelling Festival?
5. Why does Zykrecia pursue conflict resolution with Kyle?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)