|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student, according to Codell, is "an old lady in disguise"?
2. Which best describes an aspect of Codell's philosophy of reading out loud to the class?
(a) Any difficult words should be immediately looked up in the dictionary.
(b) The teacher should often stop to have discussions about the text.
(c) Each child should have a book, so they can follow along with the reading.
(d) The teacher should read words very slowly and loudly.
3. What animal does Melanie do her vertebrate report on?
4. Why doesn't Codell alert administration when one of her students brings a baby brother to school?
(a) She figures having a baby in the class will be a valuable teaching moment.
(b) She loves babies, and is happy to tend to the child for the day.
(c) She is afraid of the potential consequences for the student in question.
(d) She is afraid Mr. Turner might turn the baby over to Child Protective Services.
5. How many stages does Codell create as part of her Storyteller Festival?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Codell prepare her students for the Storytelling Festival?
2. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about light?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Turner initially want to suspend B. B.?
4. What misbehavior does Melanie have a propensity to commit?
5. Why does Codell compare teaching to a bottle cap in her poem "How to Teach Learning"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)