|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ozzie becoming ill at school?
(a) Ozzie is eating Elmer's glue.
(b) Ozzie has been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
(c) Fearful of going hungry, Ozzie eats several hamburgers at a time during lunch.
(d) Ozzie's nausea is purely psychosomatic.
2. Which student does Codell believe has the potential to become a children's book illustrator?
(d) B. B.
3. Who draws muscle men in his journal?
(d) Billy Williams.
4. What does Codell come to realize about the teaching education she received?
(a) It was the best time of her young life.
(b) It did little to prepare her for the realities of teaching children.
(c) It was entirely too expensive considering its true value.
(d) It was invaluable, and surprisingly effective at preparing her for all sorts of emergencies.
5. According to the end of Part II, what is Codell's ultimate career aspiration?
(a) She wishes to become a school principal.
(b) She wishes to join the teachers' union full-time.
(c) She wishes to remain a teacher of fifth-graders.
(d) She wants to be a school librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "discussion director" play?
2. Which is NOT one of the reasons, according to Jim Trelease, that Educating Esme is "terribly relevant"?
3. What unusual request does Ms. Coil make of Codell?
4. Why is Codell impressed with her students when they have a field trip to the Historical Society?
5. What ultimate fear does Codell express about Melanie?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)