|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Codell compare teaching to a bottle cap in her poem "How to Teach Learning"?
(a) Learning is incredibly difficult, just like trying to twist a bottle cap off.
(b) Like a soda bottle cap that might announce "You are a winner!" learning should be special and surprising.
(c) Learning is a series of ups and downs, like the ridges on the side of a bottle cap.
(d) Learning is like uncapping the mind to a world of knowledge.
2. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "literary luminary" play?
(a) Reading passages out loud.
(b) Defining difficult words in the text.
(c) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
(d) Making questions up about the book.
3. Of her thirty-one students, how many graduate from middle school at the ceremony Codell witnesses?
4. Why is Codell's day spoiled on April 11th?
(a) Someone stole a pack of stickers.
(b) Chicago experiences the worst rainstorm in fifty years.
(c) Mr. Turner reports her to the union for insubordination.
(d) Random gunfire erupts in the street, and a classroom window is shot out.
5. According to the educational chiropractor, how many units can a teacher teach per school year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Esme receive a low teacher rating in her second year of teaching?
2. What does Codell allow Kyle to do in order to perform better at math?
3. What conflict resolution does Kyle agree to with Zykrecia?
4. What ultimate fear does Codell express about Melanie?
5. How does the teachers union representative react to Codell's request to become a representative?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)