|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "practical predictor" play?
(a) Defining difficult words in the text.
(b) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
(c) Reading passages out loud.
(d) Making questions up about the book.
2. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
(a) It sparks a valuable debate.
(b) It leads to more confusion than clarity.
(c) It makes several students cry.
(d) It successfully answers most of the students' questions.
3. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
(a) The students don't seem involved, and Codell should probably have chosen better stories.
(b) Codell is exploring race relations with the chosen stories, which is too adult a matter to deal with.
(c) It is rowdy, and probably should have been held in the commons area and not the library.
(d) The stories chosen are much too long.
4. What is one of the songs Codell hears in her mind when Mr. Turner is frustrating her?
(a) "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones.
(b) "Perpetuum Mobile" by Novacek.
(c) "Nothing from Nothing" by Billy Preston.
(d) "Control Yourself" by Jackie and Roy Kral.
5. What is the purpose of the class making a patchwork quilt?
(a) To teach about long division.
(b) To teach about the flowers of the fifty states.
(c) To teach about inventors.
(d) To teach about the Underground Railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Codell receive from her students on the last day of school?
2. Who is Codell especially impressed with, in respect to his or her stitching skills?
3. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about medieval history.
4. According to the end of Part II, what is Codell's ultimate career aspiration?
5. What does Jim Trelease blame for poor reading scores in "a certain western state"?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)