|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Codell alert administration when one of her students brings a baby brother to school?
(a) She loves babies, and is happy to tend to the child for the day.
(b) She is afraid Mr. Turner might turn the baby over to Child Protective Services.
(c) She is afraid of the potential consequences for the student in question.
(d) She figures having a baby in the class will be a valuable teaching moment.
2. Why is Codell impressed with her students when they have a field trip to the Historical Society?
(a) They are exceedingly polite to the society's staff.
(b) They do not steal anything the entire day.
(c) They make sure to carefully read the plaques on display.
(d) They are using knowledge learned in class in the real world.
3. What teaching guidelines are given to the school by the Michael Jordan Foundation?
(a) The Slam Dunk Doctrines.
(b) The 3-Pointers of Success.
(c) The Championship Way.
(d) The Jordan Rules.
4. What misbehavior does Melanie have a propensity to commit?
(b) Beating up kids.
(c) Exposing herself to others.
5. What does JoEllen ask Codell during sexual education?
(a) JoEllen wonders if she will eventually lay an egg.
(b) JoEllen wonders what her mom meant by the term "abortion."
(c) JoEllen wonders if sex has to take place underwater.
(d) JoEllen wonders if sex involves goldfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student does Codell want as her little sister?
2. How long did Esme Codell work at the first school she taught at?
3. Which word best completes the following Codell phrase: So much of teaching is _____.
4. Why is Latoya consistently late to school in the second week of April?
5. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)