|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the class do on the yearly standardized tests the district administers?
(a) The class scores best out of all the fifth-grade classes in the school.
(b) The class performs poorly, and Codell is disappointed and disillusioned.
(c) The class scores third-best out of all the fifth-grade classes in the school.
(d) The class scores the best in the state.
2. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
(a) She is afraid Mr. Turner will doubt that the suspension was necessary at all.
(b) She is afraid B. B. will return with a gun and shoot her.
(c) She is afraid B. B. will decide to quit school altogether.
(d) She is afraid B. B. will beat up Vanessa in an act of revenge.
3. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
(a) It leads to more confusion than clarity.
(b) It successfully answers most of the students' questions.
(c) It sparks a valuable debate.
(d) It makes several students cry.
4. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
(a) Principals do absolutely nothing to help teachers.
(b) If parents were more involved in teaching, it would actually make things worse.
(c) Teachers being personally invested in their teaching methods make them accountable.
(d) A sticker award system will make fifth-graders more motivated to learn than anything else.
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
(a) B. B. sneaks into the girls' bathroom.
(b) B. B. calls her a bad name.
(c) B. B. refuses to do his homework.
(d) B. B. steals a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Codell's conference with Rowisha, B. B.'s mother?
2. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
3. What does Codell tell B. B., which she later apologizes for?
4. What ultimate fear does Codell express about Melanie?
5. What does Codell come to realize about the teaching education she received?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)