|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of film does Codell show for sexual education?
(a) A film clip from the Michael Douglas film Basic Instinct.
(b) A Discovery channel series about sexual reproduction in the animal kingdom.
(c) A cartoon of two goldfish mixing egg and sperm.
(d) Basketball star Magic Johnson talking about how he acquired HIV.
2. When Mr. Turner sees Codell and several of her students wearing saris, what does he think?
(a) He believes Codell is having a cultural festival.
(b) He believes Codell is a terrible influence on her students.
(c) He believes Codell is performing an open act of defiance.
(d) He believes Codell is mocking his own wearing of a sari two weeks earlier.
3. Why does B. B. sleep over at Codell's apartment one night?
(a) B. B. celebrates his birthday with a half dozen other kids who also stay the night.
(b) Codell is rewarding B. B. for winning a game show contest in class.
(c) B. B.'s mother fears violence from her abusive boyfriend.
(d) B. B.'s mother threw him out, and he is homeless for one night before becoming a ward of the state.
4. Why did Esme receive a low teacher rating in her second year of teaching?
(a) She had a disastrous second annual Storyteller's Festival.
(b) She was pregnant, and took too many sick days.
(c) She refused to follow state-mandated curricula.
(d) Vindictive Mr. Turner punished her for her outspoken nature.
5. Which word best completes the following Codell phrase: So much of teaching is _____.
(b) Tolerating bad behavior.
(c) Constructing bulletin boards.
(d) Taking attendance.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the educational chiropractor, how many units can a teacher teach per school year?
2. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "practical predictor" play?
3. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
4. Why is Ozzie becoming ill at school?
5. Which best describes an aspect of Codell's philosophy of reading out loud to the class?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)