|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conflict resolution does Kyle agree to with Zykrecia?
(a) Kyle will bring her lunch for a week.
(b) Kyle agrees to bake her a cupcake for her upcoming birthday.
(c) Kyle agrees to return the pencil he stole.
(d) Kyle agrees to never speak to Zykrecia again.
2. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "practical predictor" play?
(a) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
(b) Reading passages out loud.
(c) Making questions up about the book.
(d) Defining difficult words in the text.
3. What does prefabricated curriculum lead to, in Codell's opinion?
(a) Both good and bad teachers ignoring mandates completely.
(b) The rise of only good teachers, because even the best teachers need state guidelines.
(c) Either good teachers skillfully adapting it to their needs, or bad teachers using it as a crutch.
(d) The rise of only bad teachers, because the curriculum is stifling and uncreative.
4. How is the Fairy Tale Festival related to the Storyteller Festival?
(a) At both festivals, Mr. Turner scolded Codell with entirely minor criticisms.
(b) Ms. Coil enthusiastically endorses both festivals.
(c) Codell gets to use several ideas from the Storyteller Festival for the Fairy Tale Festival.
(d) Codell gets to use several ideas from the Fairy Tale Festival for the Storyteller Festival.
5. What special guest(s) arrive(s) for the Storyteller Festival?
(a) Members of the Chicago Board of Education.
(b) Representatives from the foundation which gave Codell the grant for the festival.
(c) Connie Porter.
(d) Michael Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Codell's response when Rowisha tells her about B. B.'s horrible home life?
2. Why is Latoya consistently late to school in the second week of April?
3. What animal does Melanie do her vertebrate report on?
4. According to the educational chiropractor, how many units can a teacher teach per school year?
5. How many stages does Codell create as part of her Storyteller Festival?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)