|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "discussion director" play?
(a) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
(b) Making questions up about the book.
(c) Reading passages out loud.
(d) Defining difficult words in the text.
2. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
(a) It is rowdy, and probably should have been held in the commons area and not the library.
(b) The students don't seem involved, and Codell should probably have chosen better stories.
(c) The stories chosen are much too long.
(d) Codell is exploring race relations with the chosen stories, which is too adult a matter to deal with.
3. What best describes Codell's approach to disciplining children?
(a) Teachers should do little to no disciplining; disciplining stifles creativity.
(b) The bulk of a teachers' efforts should be put toward discipline.
(c) Teachers should only do mild disciplining; principals should handle true problem children.
(d) Codell longs for the days in which teachers could physically discipline students, because it was so effective.
4. How long after the events in the journal does Codell write her Epilogue?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Twelve years.
5. What animal does Melanie do her vertebrate report on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Turner initially want to suspend B. B.?
2. What gift does Codell receive from her students on the last day of school?
3. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
4. What does Esme think about the physical appearance of her former students at the graduation ceremony?
5. What is the stated purpose of the "educational chiropractor" early in Part III?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)