|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zykrecia pursue conflict resolution with Kyle?
(a) Kyle punched her during lunch.
(b) Kyle superglued Zykrecia's locker shut.
(c) Kyle stole a pink pencil from Zykrecia.
(d) Kyle made a lewd statement to Zykrecia.
2. Why does Codell compare teaching to a bottle cap in her poem "How to Teach Learning"?
(a) Like a soda bottle cap that might announce "You are a winner!" learning should be special and surprising.
(b) Learning is like uncapping the mind to a world of knowledge.
(c) Learning is incredibly difficult, just like trying to twist a bottle cap off.
(d) Learning is a series of ups and downs, like the ridges on the side of a bottle cap.
3. According to Jim Trelease, what kind of portrayal is Educating Esme, with respect to American education?
4. According to the educational chiropractor, how many units can a teacher teach per school year?
5. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about light?
(a) Paint rainbows, showing the accurate colors of a rainbow.
(b) Calculate the speed of light with a shoe box with a pinhole in it.
(c) Stage a shadow-puppet show.
(d) Learn Morse Code by clicking flashlights on and off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Codell respond favorably to the educational chiropractor?
2. When Mr. Turner sees Codell and several of her students wearing saris, what does he think?
3. What kind of people too often dominate public education, according to Trelease?
4. Why is Codell impressed with her students when they have a field trip to the Historical Society?
5. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "practical predictor" play?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)