|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
(a) Principals do absolutely nothing to help teachers.
(b) If parents were more involved in teaching, it would actually make things worse.
(c) A sticker award system will make fifth-graders more motivated to learn than anything else.
(d) Teachers being personally invested in their teaching methods make them accountable.
2. What is the plot of the story "The Pudding Like the Night on the Sea"?
(a) A pudding cup joins with other food items to defeat a rotten piece of cheese.
(b) A father threatens to whip and beat his son, but it turns out that the "whipping" and "beating" involve making pudding.
(c) A pudding comes to life to terrorize a small town.
(d) A schoolgirl imagines that her pudding is the ocean, and she daydreams about a fantastic sea voyage.
3. Esme's current principal (as of the Epilogue) has what sort of relationship with Esme?
(a) Esme married her current principal.
(b) Nasty and strained.
(c) Positive and supportive.
(d) Cool and indifferent.
4. According to the educational chiropractor, how many units can a teacher teach per school year?
5. Who draws muscle men in his journal?
(a) Billy Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Melanie do her vertebrate report on?
2. How is the Fairy Tale Festival related to the Storyteller Festival?
3. What award does Codell receive during the events in the book?
4. What is Mr. Turner's criticism of the Storyteller Festival?
5. Which word best completes the following Codell phrase: So much of teaching is _____.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)