|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What teaching guidelines are given to the school by the Michael Jordan Foundation?
(a) The Slam Dunk Doctrines.
(b) The Jordan Rules.
(c) The Championship Way.
(d) The 3-Pointers of Success.
2. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "literary luminary" play?
(a) Defining difficult words in the text.
(b) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
(c) Making questions up about the book.
(d) Reading passages out loud.
3. Why is Ozzie becoming ill at school?
(a) Ozzie's nausea is purely psychosomatic.
(b) Ozzie is eating Elmer's glue.
(c) Fearful of going hungry, Ozzie eats several hamburgers at a time during lunch.
(d) Ozzie has been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
4. What special guest(s) arrive(s) for the Storyteller Festival?
(a) Connie Porter.
(b) Representatives from the foundation which gave Codell the grant for the festival.
(c) Members of the Chicago Board of Education.
(d) Michael Jordan.
5. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about medieval history.
(a) Read Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and act out some of the stories.
(b) Make a castle out of marshmallows.
(c) Have a mock jousting tournament.
(d) Make a diagram of all the parts of a knight's armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does B. B. start to misbehave around 1:20 PM every day?
2. What unusual request does Ms. Coil make of Codell?
3. How does Codell teach Melanie to control her destructive urges?
4. How does Codell teach the students to multiply double-digit numbers?
5. When do parents "throw a tantrum" at Esme's new school (as of the Epilogue)?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)