|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film, the first classic film Codell shows, is shown in October 15?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Bishop's Wife.
(d) Citizen Kane.
2. What problem does Vanessa have in announcing the class' Christmas show?
(a) The announcement is too long, and she cannot memorize it.
(b) She consistently mispronounces a word in the announcement.
(c) She struggles with a severe lisp.
(d) She has extreme stage fright, and is too nervous to speak her lines.
3. What subject does the student Codell makes teacher for a day choose to make a lesson from?
(a) The Holocaust.
(b) Paper airplanes.
(d) Monster movies.
4. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Fairy Tale Fashion Show.
(b) Ugly Duckling Match.
(c) Rescue the Princess from the Tower.
(d) Three Billy Goats Gruff Toss.
5. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
(a) Ms. Coil.
(c) Ismene Siteles.
(d) Mr. Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs on the bus ride to the university science fair on October 13?
2. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
3. Why does Mr. Turner object to Codell's school social committee guidelines on February 15th?
4. What does Codell call the subject of Math?
5. How old is Esme Codell when given a job at the public school at the start of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last day of school.
2. What is Codell's approach to teaching about the Holocaust and Nazis?
3. What toll has the school year taken on Codell?
4. At the beginning of Part I, what does fifth-grader Melanie warn incoming students about the fifth grade?
5. Describe Miss Clark's attempt to teach Codell's kids on January 11.
6. Why do the students stab the substitute teacher in the back with a pencil on February 1?
7. What is B.B.'s home situation like?
8. Describe Ismene, including her appearance and personality.
9. What dictates what songs Codell hears in her mind throughout the day according to the April 11 entry?
10. What reasons does Trelease give in the Afterword for his contention that Educating Esme is "terribly relevant"?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)