|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many new teachers are introduced prior to the school's opening in Part I?
2. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
(a) The Black Hole.
(b) Trouble Basket.
(c) The Well of Worries.
(d) The Little Brown Jug.
3. Why is Codell angry after she breaks up a fight between two girls on December 8th?
(a) Codell is unable to get the girls to stop arguing after the physical fight is over.
(b) It is after school, and Codell is not compensated for her time.
(c) No other teachers stepped in to help Codell.
(d) In her attempt to stop the fight, she inadvertently injured one of the girls with her elbow.
4. Once a week, Codell tutors Ruben in what subject?
(a) Reading comprehension.
(c) Mastery of the yo-yo.
5. What theme does Codell choose for her students for their Christmas assembly?
(a) California Christmas.
(b) Ye Olde London Christmas.
(c) A Cajun Christmas.
(d) It's a Hairy Merry Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do school administrators reject Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
2. What does Codell notice about the new class of teachers that will be teaching along with her at the new school?
3. What is Ozzie's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
4. Why does Mr. Turner object to Codell's school social committee guidelines on February 15th?
5. According to a November 10th entry, what did Codell's landlord call her father's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some things Codell's class does for Halloween.
2. How is the "time machine" built?
3. How does Ms. Federman convince Codell to remain a teacher at the school on February 15?
4. What is Codell's opinion of the teaching education she received?
5. Describe Shira's transformation on December 13.
6. What happens with Perry, the gang member Codell confronts regarding an incident on October 13?
7. What is Codell's experience in proctoring another class for a standardized test?
8. What toll has the school year taken on Codell?
9. Describe the day when a student brings a two-year-old brother to school.
10. Describe Ismene, including her appearance and personality.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)