|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first student to use the "time machine" report about his or her experience?
(a) The student claims to have gone back to the Jurassic period to observe dinosaurs.
(b) The student complains that the time machine is not real.
(c) The student tells about a medieval joust they "witnessed."
(d) The student tells about meeting Wyatt Earp and helping to rid Dodge City of criminals.
2. When an architect shows Codell her future classroom in Part I, which of the following is something Codell thinks?
(a) She is glad her classroom is so far away from Mr. Turner's office.
(b) She does not like the "new construction" smell, preferring the unique smell of a school classroom.
(c) She wishes the classroom was on the second story for safety reasons.
(d) The classroom will be much too small for her expected number of students.
3. What about Mr. Turner's phone call habits irks Codell in the first few entries of the book?
(a) He calls very late, sometimes as late as 11:30 PM.
(b) He frequently hangs up, only to call again soon after.
(c) He speaks for very long periods on the phone.
(d) He yells into the receiver.
4. What was Codell's impression of prostitutes on her block as a young child?
(a) Codell admires them for their bold, colorful clothing choices.
(b) They constantly curse at Codell, and she avoids them whenever possible.
(c) Codell is tricked by her father into believing they are movie stars.
(d) Codell know about the nature of their profession and is disgusted by them.
5. How does Codell respond to Billy Williams when the boy claims that he hates her?
(a) "I'm not crazy about you either, kid, but we have to find a way to stand one another."
(b) "Every time you say that, you hurt my heart and make me sad."
(c) "No matter how you feel about me, I will always love you."
(d) "Every time you say you hate me, I'm going to give you an extra homework problem."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
2. What is Codell's general attitude toward Ms. Federman?
3. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
4. Which of the following is NOT an activity Codell describes her class doing for Halloween?
5. Why does Codell take her students outside for a field trip on January 7th?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shira's transformation on December 13.
2. How does Codell believe that Mr. Turner chose the teachers for his school?
3. What dictates what songs Codell hears in her mind throughout the day according to the April 11 entry?
4. What is the significance of the blue, pink, and gold sari Codell receives?
5. What is the nature of the struggle between Codell and Mr. Turner in Part I in regards to Codell's proper form of address?
6. As related in Part I's first entry, what happens in Codell's first interviews for the position at the new public school?
7. What is B.B.'s home situation like?
8. Why does Codell react negatively to the "Jordan Rules" teaching guidelines?
9. What is Codell's experience in proctoring another class for a standardized test?
10. Describe Codell's experience with the teachers union representative.
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)