|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Codell's impression of the scary story contest she holds for Halloween?
(a) She is amazed at Vanessa's story, and how effectively scary it is.
(b) She is disappointed that only a few students volunteer stories for the contest.
(c) She is frustrated that most students haven't improved their writing skills.
(d) She is uncomfortable with the level of gore several students use.
2. Which student actually stabbed the substitute teacher in the back with a pencil?
(b) Billy Williams.
(d) The students never reveal who it is.
3. What does Codell tell Mr. Turner about why he did not receive her classroom's inaugural newsletter?
(a) She knew Mr. Turner would not appreciate the articles.
(b) She put two newsletters in Ms. Coil's box, and assumed Ms. Coil would give Mr. Turner the extra one.
(c) She meant to provide him one, but she must have placed it in the wrong mail box.
(d) She thought Mr. Turner would write her up for an unauthorized newsletter.
4. Why is Codell dissatisfied with the funeral service held for Ismene?
(a) Codell feels the eulogies given at the service are inadequate.
(b) The service is conducted in a foreign language, and the behavior of those in attendance makes Codell nervous.
(c) It is raining hard, which Codell considers a bad omen.
(d) The service is small, and Codell believes Ismene deserved a much larger service.
5. Which of the following terms best describes the manner in which Codell answers the panel in her first interview in Part I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
2. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
3. What does Codell notice about the new class of teachers that will be teaching along with her at the new school?
4. What occurs on the bus ride to the university science fair on October 13?
5. Who persuades Codell to remain a teacher after she is ready to quit on February 15th?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "time machine" built?
2. What dictates what songs Codell hears in her mind throughout the day according to the April 11 entry?
3. What question does Codell have for the "educational chiropractor" brought in by Mr. Turner?
4. How is the learning environment different at Codell's new school, versus the students described in the journal?
5. What is Codell's attitude toward teaching sexual education?
6. What award does Codell win early in Part III, and why is it important to her?
7. What is the Fairy Tale Festival?
8. Briefly describe the day when Billy Williams becomes teacher for a day.
9. Describe how Zykrecia resolves a conflict with Kyle on March 28.
10. What is the nature of the fight between Shira and Twanette on September 30?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)