|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Codell use the Thinking Cap for?
(a) She places potpourri and incense in the cap, allowing the wearer to benefit from aromatherapy.
(b) She makes troublemaking students wear it, so they can think about what they've done.
(c) She puts it on students so they can take extra time to give a good answer.
(d) She claims that if students concentrate hard enough with the cap on, they will become smarter.
2. How does Ms. Coil criticize Codell's teaching of Native Americans.
(a) Ms. Coil is angry for not being informed about a field trip to the Native American History Museum.
(b) Codell only teaches about one tribe, and Ms. Coil prefers a broader approach.
(c) Ms. Coil believes fifth-graders are too old to dress up in Native American costumes.
(d) Ms. Coil believes having a "powwow" stereotypes Native American culture.
3. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
(a) Natural Wonders.
(b) Dr. Weird's Wonderful World.
(d) Mad Scientist Time.
4. On September 27, what book is read that inspires Ashworth to reveal his missing digit to the class?
(a) Greek Myths.
(b) The Bat-Poet.
(c) Helen Keller's Life.
(d) The Hundred Dresses.
5. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
(a) The Little Brown Jug.
(b) The Well of Worries.
(c) The Black Hole.
(d) Trouble Basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Codell eventually ensure her students do not steal books that they borrow?
2. How does the class respond to Ashworth's revealing of his missing digit.
3. What is Codell's true intention in using the time machine?
4. What name does Codell choose for her students to call her?
5. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "time machine" built?
2. What is The Happy Box?
3. Why does Codell take B. B. and his little sister in to her home for a night?
4. What is Codell's philosophy about bad behavior, in respect to an incident with B. B.?
5. As revealed at the end of Part II, what is Codell's ultimate career aspiration?
6. Describe the circumstances surrounding Melanie's birthday on January 8?
7. What is Codell's opinion of the teaching education she received?
8. Explain the story of Ozzie becoming ill at school.
9. What steps does Codell take to prepare her classroom for the first day of school?
10. What is B.B.'s home situation like?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)