|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persuades Codell to remain a teacher after she is ready to quit on February 15th?
(b) Ms. Federman.
(c) Ms. Coil.
(d) Miss Clark.
2. Who is the first student to use the "time machine"?
(d) Billy Williams.
3. What pop culture figure does Codell use for her "best papers" bulletin board?
(a) Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
(b) The Incredible Hulk.
(c) Kermit the Frog.
(d) King Kong.
4. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
(a) Miss Codell.
(b) Ms. Esme Raji Codell.
(c) Mrs. Cordell.
(d) Ms. Esme.
5. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Rescue the Princess from the Tower.
(b) Three Billy Goats Gruff Toss.
(c) Fairy Tale Fashion Show.
(d) Ugly Duckling Match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
2. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
3. In the first entry of the book, how does Codell respond when asked what she would do if a student uttered a curse word in her classroom?
4. Who does Codell make her "time machine" out of?
5. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Perry, the gang member Codell confronts regarding an incident on October 13?
2. Describe the day when a student brings a two-year-old brother to school.
3. Describe some things Codell's class does for Halloween.
4. What is Codell's philosophy about bad behavior, in respect to an incident with B. B.?
5. Why does Codell take B. B. and his little sister in to her home for a night?
6. Describe how Codell divides her students into reading groups, and the roles assigned to students.
7. Describe the theft of the Columbus comic book and its resolution.
8. Describe Ismene, including her appearance and personality.
9. Describe the last day of school.
10. Why is Codell relieved when she refrains from yelling at Latoya for continually coming in late one week?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)