|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film, the first classic film Codell shows, is shown in October 15?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(c) The Bishop's Wife.
(d) Citizen Kane.
2. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
(a) The Friends of the School Library Committee.
(b) Association of Public Librarians.
(c) Committee for Extracurricular Activities.
(d) The Fairy Tale Team.
3. What pop culture figure does Codell use for her "best papers" bulletin board?
(a) The Incredible Hulk.
(b) King Kong.
(c) Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
(d) Kermit the Frog.
4. What about Mr. Turner's phone call habits irks Codell in the first few entries of the book?
(a) He frequently hangs up, only to call again soon after.
(b) He yells into the receiver.
(c) He calls very late, sometimes as late as 11:30 PM.
(d) He speaks for very long periods on the phone.
5. On September 27, what book is read that inspires Ashworth to reveal his missing digit to the class?
(a) Helen Keller's Life.
(b) The Hundred Dresses.
(c) Greek Myths.
(d) The Bat-Poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
2. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
3. How many new teachers are introduced prior to the school's opening in Part I?
4. According to a November 10th entry, what did Codell's landlord call her father's apartment?
5. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Codell divides her students into reading groups, and the roles assigned to students.
2. What is Vanessa's problem with the Christmas assembly, and how does she overcome it?
3. Describe the Storyteller Festival.
4. Describe the last day of school.
5. Describe the circumstances surrounding Melanie's birthday on January 8?
6. What steps does Codell take to prepare her classroom for the first day of school?
7. How does Codell build up suspense in her class for the introduction of the "time machine"?
8. Describe Shira's transformation on December 13.
9. Briefly describe the day when Billy Williams becomes teacher for a day.
10. How does Codell believe that Mr. Turner chose the teachers for his school?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)