|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ms. Coil, how do teachers (besides Codell) react to her suggestions to improve the design of their classrooms?
(a) Teachers usually make the suggested changes without any resistance.
(b) Teachers tell Ms. Coil, in different words, to get lost.
(c) Teachers agree with the vast majority of suggestions Ms. Coil makes.
(d) Teachers usually tell Ms.Coil they are too busy to see her, in an effort to ignore her.
2. How does Codell respond to Billy Williams when the boy claims that he hates her?
(a) "I'm not crazy about you either, kid, but we have to find a way to stand one another."
(b) "Every time you say you hate me, I'm going to give you an extra homework problem."
(c) "Every time you say that, you hurt my heart and make me sad."
(d) "No matter how you feel about me, I will always love you."
3. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
(a) How to Tame a Tiger.
(b) How to Draw an Invisible Dragon.
(c) How to Teach Impossible Students.
(d) How to Fold a Paper Snowflake.
4. On September 27, what book is read that inspires Ashworth to reveal his missing digit to the class?
(a) The Hundred Dresses.
(b) The Bat-Poet.
(c) Helen Keller's Life.
(d) Greek Myths.
5. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
(a) About half and half, black and white.
(b) Mostly hispanic.
(c) Mostly white.
(d) Mostly black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
2. What is Ismene's response when Codell asks her if she is married?
3. Once a week, Codell tutors Ruben in what subject?
4. At the end of the day in which Codell makes a student teacher for the day, what does Codell have her children do?
5. Which student becomes teacher for a day, swapping places with Codell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miss Clark's attempt to teach Codell's kids on January 11.
2. How is the "time machine" built?
3. Describe the last day of school.
4. Why does Codell react negatively to the "Jordan Rules" teaching guidelines?
5. What is Codell's philosophy about bad behavior, in respect to an incident with B. B.?
6. Who is Marky?
7. What is Codell's experience in proctoring another class for a standardized test?
8. Describe Shira's transformation on December 13.
9. As revealed at the end of Part II, what is Codell's ultimate career aspiration?
10. What toll has the school year taken on Codell?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)