|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
(a) Association of Public Librarians.
(b) Committee for Extracurricular Activities.
(c) The Friends of the School Library Committee.
(d) The Fairy Tale Team.
2. According to Ms. Coil, how do teachers (besides Codell) react to her suggestions to improve the design of their classrooms?
(a) Teachers usually make the suggested changes without any resistance.
(b) Teachers tell Ms. Coil, in different words, to get lost.
(c) Teachers usually tell Ms.Coil they are too busy to see her, in an effort to ignore her.
(d) Teachers agree with the vast majority of suggestions Ms. Coil makes.
3. Why does Mr. Turner object to the winner of the Addy doll during the November 5th assembly?
(a) Mr. Turner believes the winner cheated in order to win the raffle.
(b) The winner is a boy, and Mr. Turner doesn't believe boys should play with dolls.
(c) Mr. Turner does not believe the doll is appropriate in a school setting.
(d) The winner is Hispanic, and Mr. Turner believes that, since Addy is black, a black person should win.
4. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
(a) Girl of Many Questions.
(b) Girl with the Voice of Thunder.
(c) Girl of Frequent Bathroom Breaks.
(d) Girl with Fast Feet.
5. What problem does Vanessa have in announcing the class' Christmas show?
(a) She has extreme stage fright, and is too nervous to speak her lines.
(b) She struggles with a severe lisp.
(c) The announcement is too long, and she cannot memorize it.
(d) She consistently mispronounces a word in the announcement.
6. Who ultimately says "No" to Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Mr. Turner.
(b) Miss Clark.
(c) Ms. Coil.
(d) Ismene Siteles.
7. How many new teachers are introduced prior to the school's opening in Part I?
8. What does Codell find is particularly effective when it comes to teaching about Nazism?
(a) She chooses a well-respected history book on the subject to read aloud with the class.
(b) She chooses to show a brief film clip of Hitler delivering a speech.
(c) She decides to skip the teaching of Nazis; her class is simply too young.
(d) She compares Nazis to Ku Klux Klan members, giving the children a group they are more familiar with.
9. According to Codell, what is Miss Clark's flaw as a teacher?
(a) Miss Clark cares more about her boyfriend than about teaching, and she is lazy.
(b) Miss Clark spoils her children and desperately wants to be liked.
(c) Miss Clark is much too harsh, considering her urban students less than human.
(d) Miss Clark is hopelessly disorganized, and never has a solid lesson plan in place.
10. Why does Codell organize a field trip to the university science fair on October 13?
(a) Because her students' standardized test scores in science were well below average.
(b) To introduce her children to an erupting baking soda volcano.
(c) To help the kids demonstrate their backpack burglar alarm invention.
(d) To attend a lecture on physics in the real world.
11. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
(b) Natural Wonders.
(c) Dr. Weird's Wonderful World.
(d) Mad Scientist Time.
12. Who is the first student to use the "time machine"?
(c) Billy Williams.
13. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
(a) Mostly black.
(b) About half and half, black and white.
(c) Mostly hispanic.
(d) Mostly white.
14. What kind of music do the Slick Boys use in their assembly presentation?
(b) 1990s-style new jack swing.
(d) 1950s-style doo-wop.
15. Which student must be stopped from casting voodoo spells on students in class?
(d) B. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Codell use the Thinking Cap for?
2. Why is Codell angry after she breaks up a fight between two girls on December 8th?
3. What is the name of Codell's immediate supervisor at her work in Part I?
4. What is Codell's general attitude toward Ms. Federman?
5. What is Codell's true intention in using the time machine?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)