|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue and Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Codell's day spoiled on April 11th?
(a) Someone stole a pack of stickers.
(b) Random gunfire erupts in the street, and a classroom window is shot out.
(c) Chicago experiences the worst rainstorm in fifty years.
(d) Mr. Turner reports her to the union for insubordination.
2. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
(a) About half and half, black and white.
(b) Mostly black.
(c) Mostly white.
(d) Mostly hispanic.
3. According to a November 2nd entry, what does Codell do to help teach about inventors?
(a) Has the kids invent their own "better mouse trap."
(b) Holds a brainstorming session in which kids think of fantastic inventions.
(c) Dresses up in a wild outfit full of accessories that have inventor stories behind them.
(d) Helps her students create a simplified cotton gin.
4. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
(a) Most think Codell has done too much, creating an overstimulating environment.
(b) The teachers believe Codell has done an average job, and are indifferent.
(c) Many emulate Codell's colorful bulletin boards.
(d) The teachers applaud Codell and reward her with a Teacher of the Month award.
5. According to Esme, how do her new students in her new school (as of the Epilogue) behave?
(a) Like spoiled brats.
(b) Like weird aliens.
(c) Like gangster thugs.
(d) Like little angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
2. How successful is the film Codell shows for sexual education?
3. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
4. Whose mother complains about Codell insisting on buying dictionaries for the children?
5. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)