|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 149 through 165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student actually stabbed the substitute teacher in the back with a pencil?
(b) The students never reveal who it is.
(c) Billy Williams.
2. Who brings her two-year-old brother to school one day?
3. Why doesn't Codell take Ms. Coil's suggestion that she should place student papers on her wall higher up?
(a) Codell believes the papers should be hung at the children's eye-level, so they can enjoy them.
(b) Placing them higher would mean disassembling and reassembling the entire board.
(c) Placing them too high would be a distraction during class.
(d) Codell simply wants to spite Ms. Coil and annoy her.
4. What important test does Codell's class take on May 13th?
(a) The Iowa Standardized Test of Basic Skills.
(b) The California Assessment of Learning.
(c) The Illinois Standardized Test of Academic Proficiency.
(d) The Federal Standardized Exam.
5. Once a week, Codell tutors Ruben in what subject?
(a) Reading comprehension.
(d) Mastery of the yo-yo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book King Matt the First, which is chosen by Codell for read-aloud time?
2. What is stolen from Codell's classroom on October 5?
3. What occurs on the bus ride to the university science fair on October 13?
4. Why is Latoya consistently late to school in the second week of April?
5. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)