|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 149 through 165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Codell's day spoiled on April 11th?
(a) Mr. Turner reports her to the union for insubordination.
(b) Chicago experiences the worst rainstorm in fifty years.
(c) Random gunfire erupts in the street, and a classroom window is shot out.
(d) Someone stole a pack of stickers.
2. How does Codell teach the students to multiply double-digit numbers?
(a) By staging a Jeopardy-style game show.
(b) By creating an elaborate flashcard system.
(c) By having the students create an Aesop's Fable about the numbers.
(d) By using "cha-cha" dance steps.
3. What theme does Codell choose for her students for their Christmas assembly?
(a) California Christmas.
(b) A Cajun Christmas.
(c) It's a Hairy Merry Christmas.
(d) Ye Olde London Christmas.
4. How old is Esme Codell when given a job at the public school at the start of the book?
5. Why do school administrators reject Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Administrators cannot agree on the day to have the festival.
(b) The subject matter is inappropriate in a school setting.
(c) The festival is too ambitious.
(d) Many of Codell's proposals pose a danger to safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Codell's general attitude toward Ms. Federman?
2. How does the class respond to Ashworth's revealing of his missing digit.
3. What does prefabricated curriculum lead to, in Codell's opinion?
4. Why does Codell initially regret asking Twanette's mother to a conference on September 30?
5. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)