|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 149 through 165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Codell eventually ensure her students do not steal books that they borrow?
(a) She develops an ID card system similar to a public library.
(b) She makes students leave one of their shoes to ensure they return books.
(c) She collects $10 from students for each book they borrow, as collateral.
(d) She informs a child's parent when the child borrows a book.
2. What is the result of Codell's conference with Rowisha, B. B.'s mother?
(a) Rowisha beats B. B. to the ground until he is hysterical.
(b) Rowisha beats B. B. to the point that Codell punches the woman.
(c) Rowisha apologizes for her son, B. B. never acts up again, and the conference is a complete success.
(d) Rowisha never shows, and B. B. feels abandoned.
3. Who is Codell especially impressed with, in respect to his or her stitching skills?
4. What does Codell secretly dream about being, rather than a teacher?
(a) Television personality.
(b) Professional softball player.
(c) Opera singer.
5. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
(a) B. B. calls her a bad name.
(b) B. B. sneaks into the girls' bathroom.
(c) B. B. steals a book.
(d) B. B. refuses to do his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Turner sees Codell and several of her students wearing saris, what does he think?
2. Why is Codell angry after she breaks up a fight between two girls on December 8th?
3. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
4. Which student must be stopped from casting voodoo spells on students in class?
5. At the end of the day in which Codell makes a student teacher for the day, what does Codell have her children do?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)