|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 89 through 112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Codell organize a field trip to the university science fair on October 13?
(a) Because her students' standardized test scores in science were well below average.
(b) To introduce her children to an erupting baking soda volcano.
(c) To help the kids demonstrate their backpack burglar alarm invention.
(d) To attend a lecture on physics in the real world.
2. Why does Mr. Turner object to the winner of the Addy doll during the November 5th assembly?
(a) Mr. Turner does not believe the doll is appropriate in a school setting.
(b) Mr. Turner believes the winner cheated in order to win the raffle.
(c) The winner is Hispanic, and Mr. Turner believes that, since Addy is black, a black person should win.
(d) The winner is a boy, and Mr. Turner doesn't believe boys should play with dolls.
3. Why does Mr. Turner object to Codell's school social committee guidelines on February 15th?
(a) Codell signed her name "Madame Esme," and Mr. Turner does not think that name is appropriate.
(b) Codell left off some of the more controversial guidelines so parents would not be alarmed.
(c) Mr. Turner could tell Codell spent little time on them.
(d) The guidelines called for frequent field trips, and Mr. Turner feared the budget would balloon.
4. What name does Codell choose for her students to call her?
(a) Mrs. Esme.
(b) Mrs. Raji Codell.
(c) Madame Esme.
(d) Ms. Esme.
5. Why does Codell fear that student B. B. will be chosen as the first student to use the time machine?
(a) B. B. is afraid of the dark, and using the time machine involves being in the dark.
(b) B. B. is described as a "terrible realist" who may not buy into the fantasy she's trying to create.
(c) B. B. is known for violence, and may destroy the time machine.
(d) B. B. is described as a "hopeless daydreamer," and B. B. may refuse to leave the machine once inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately says "No" to Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
2. On September 27, what book is read that inspires Ashworth to reveal his missing digit to the class?
3. Where does Codell take her students on January 20?
4. Why does Codell initially regret asking Twanette's mother to a conference on September 30?
5. What does Codell notice about the new class of teachers that will be teaching along with her at the new school?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)