|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 89 through 112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Turner object to the winner of the Addy doll during the November 5th assembly?
(a) The winner is Hispanic, and Mr. Turner believes that, since Addy is black, a black person should win.
(b) Mr. Turner believes the winner cheated in order to win the raffle.
(c) The winner is a boy, and Mr. Turner doesn't believe boys should play with dolls.
(d) Mr. Turner does not believe the doll is appropriate in a school setting.
2. Shira undergoes a change on December 13 when she begins dancing to which Christmas song?
(a) I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.
(b) Jingle Bell Rock.
(c) White Christmas.
(d) Silver Bells.
3. What is stolen from Codell's classroom on October 5?
(a) A Columbus comic book.
(b) A textbook on sexual reproduction.
(c) Several rulers, compasses, and protractors.
(d) A globe.
4. Why does Codell organize a field trip to the university science fair on October 13?
(a) Because her students' standardized test scores in science were well below average.
(b) To introduce her children to an erupting baking soda volcano.
(c) To attend a lecture on physics in the real world.
(d) To help the kids demonstrate their backpack burglar alarm invention.
5. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
(a) Trouble Basket.
(b) The Little Brown Jug.
(c) The Black Hole.
(d) The Well of Worries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Codell's impression of the scary story contest she holds for Halloween?
2. Why does Codell take her students outside for a field trip on January 7th?
3. When an architect shows Codell her future classroom in Part I, which of the following is something Codell thinks?
4. How long into Codell's teacher observation time is she allowed to teach?
5. When interviewed for her first teaching job, how does Codell characterize her discipline style?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)