|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 89 through 112.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student becomes teacher for a day, swapping places with Codell?
(a) Billy Williams.
2. How does Ruben show his affectionate crush for Codell?
(a) Ruben makes sure to sit next to her during reading time, and he caresses her leg.
(b) After Codell says she likes the color red, Ruben wears nothing but red shirts to class.
(c) He writes to her in his journal, expressing his amorous feelings.
(d) He frequently leaves a gift on her desk after class is over.
3. What is Codell's true intention in using the time machine?
(a) By thinking about different years and traveling through time, students will learn math concepts.
(b) The time machine provides a "time out" for misbehaving students.
(c) Doing work alone in the time machine will make the day seem to go faster for bored students.
(d) She feels that reading is a kind of time travel.
4. What film, the first classic film Codell shows, is shown in October 15?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(b) Citizen Kane.
(d) The Bishop's Wife.
5. Why does Codell initially regret asking Twanette's mother to a conference on September 30?
(a) Twanette's mother takes Twanette's side and blames Codell for the perceived misbehavior.
(b) Twanette's misbehavior only worsens after the conference.
(c) Twanette's mother decides to pull Twanette from the class and change schools.
(d) Twanette's mother promises to beat Twanette soundly so her attitude will change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first student to use the "time machine" report about his or her experience?
2. On September 27, what book is read that inspires Ashworth to reveal his missing digit to the class?
3. How does Melanie react to the birthday party Codell throws for her on January 8th?
4. What is the name of Codell's immediate supervisor at her work in Part I?
5. Who is the first student to use the "time machine"?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)