|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 72 through 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Fairy Tale Fashion Show.
(b) Rescue the Princess from the Tower.
(c) Three Billy Goats Gruff Toss.
(d) Ugly Duckling Match.
2. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
(a) Mostly black.
(b) Mostly white.
(c) About half and half, black and white.
(d) Mostly hispanic.
3. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
(a) Dr. Weird's Wonderful World.
(c) Mad Scientist Time.
(d) Natural Wonders.
4. How does Codell interact with the Slick Boys "Just Say No" campaign?
(a) She feels the scantily-clad dancers are inappropriate for children, and she stops the assembly.
(b) She is asked to participate in a "Just Say No" role-play, in which she says "No" to marijuana.
(c) She is asked to participate in a "Just Say No" role-play, in which she plays a drug dealer.
(d) She joins the Slick Boys on stage and impresses with her dance moves.
5. When interviewed for her first teaching job, how does Codell characterize her discipline style?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Codell organize a field trip to the university science fair on October 13?
2. On December 14th, older children steal which of Codell's classroom accessories?
3. What occurs on the bus ride to the university science fair on October 13?
4. Why do school administrators reject Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
5. Why is Codell dissatisfied with the funeral service held for Ismene?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)