|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 72 through 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Codell's impression of the scary story contest she holds for Halloween?
(a) She is amazed at Vanessa's story, and how effectively scary it is.
(b) She is uncomfortable with the level of gore several students use.
(c) She is frustrated that most students haven't improved their writing skills.
(d) She is disappointed that only a few students volunteer stories for the contest.
2. How does Melanie react to the birthday party Codell throws for her on January 8th?
(a) She cries, and claims she does not deserve such attention.
(b) She is moved and quiet, thanking Codell for her thoughtfulness.
(c) She is angry at Codell for "trying to replace my mom."
(d) She is joyous, laughing and singing along with the birthday song.
3. Who does Codell make her "time machine" out of?
(a) A refrigerator box covered in aluminum foil.
(b) An old armoire.
(c) Heavy curtains.
(d) A large plastic tarp.
4. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
(a) The Friends of the School Library Committee.
(b) Committee for Extracurricular Activities.
(c) The Fairy Tale Team.
(d) Association of Public Librarians.
5. According to Codell, what is Miss Clark's flaw as a teacher?
(a) Miss Clark cares more about her boyfriend than about teaching, and she is lazy.
(b) Miss Clark is much too harsh, considering her urban students less than human.
(c) Miss Clark spoils her children and desperately wants to be liked.
(d) Miss Clark is hopelessly disorganized, and never has a solid lesson plan in place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
2. According to a November 10th entry, what did Codell's landlord call her father's apartment?
3. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
4. How does Ruben show his affectionate crush for Codell?
5. On December 14th, older children steal which of Codell's classroom accessories?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)