|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 72 through 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When interviewed for her first teaching job, how does Codell characterize her discipline style?
2. What film, the first classic film Codell shows, is shown in October 15?
(a) The Miracle Worker.
(c) Citizen Kane.
(d) The Bishop's Wife.
3. Which of the following terms best describes the manner in which Codell answers the panel in her first interview in Part I?
4. What about Mr. Turner's phone call habits irks Codell in the first few entries of the book?
(a) He frequently hangs up, only to call again soon after.
(b) He speaks for very long periods on the phone.
(c) He yells into the receiver.
(d) He calls very late, sometimes as late as 11:30 PM.
5. Why does Codell take her students outside for a field trip on January 7th?
(a) She has the students build an elaborate snowman to encourage teamwork.
(b) The trip is a chance to examine trees and decide what kind of trees they are.
(c) There is snow on the ground, and the trip is a chance to teach about precipitation.
(d) Codell feels that the students have been cooped up too long, and they will find the outdoors refreshing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long into Codell's teacher observation time is she allowed to teach?
2. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
3. Who ultimately says "No" to Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
4. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
5. How does Codell eventually ensure her students do not steal books that they borrow?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)