|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Pages 72 through 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Codell use the Thinking Cap for?
(a) She places potpourri and incense in the cap, allowing the wearer to benefit from aromatherapy.
(b) She puts it on students so they can take extra time to give a good answer.
(c) She claims that if students concentrate hard enough with the cap on, they will become smarter.
(d) She makes troublemaking students wear it, so they can think about what they've done.
2. According to a November 10th entry, what did Codell's landlord call her father's apartment?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A palace of learning.
(c) A den of sin.
(d) A filthy mess.
3. On the first day of school, how does Codell determine where the students will sit?
(a) Codell has the students choose numbered seating assignments from a hat.
(b) Students are seated in a large circle so everyone is equal.
(c) Students can choose their own seats on a first-come, first-served basis.
(d) Students take turns picking numbered apples from a bulletin board.
4. Which of the following is NOT an activity Codell describes her class doing for Halloween?
(a) Reading The Bat-Poet and studying bats.
(b) Holding a mummy-wrapping race.
(c) Dramatizing the book Old Devil Wind for a kindergarten class.
(d) Dressing up as ghosts and playing a prank on a second-grade class.
5. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
(a) Ms. Esme.
(b) Miss Codell.
(c) Ms. Esme Raji Codell.
(d) Mrs. Cordell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the manner in which Codell answers the panel in her first interview in Part I?
2. Why do Codell and Mr. Turner fail to secure any donations, according to the July 28th entry?
3. Whose mother complains about Codell insisting on buying dictionaries for the children?
4. What was Codell's impression of prostitutes on her block as a young child?
5. What name does Codell choose for her students to call her?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)