|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 45 through 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Three Billy Goats Gruff Toss.
(b) Fairy Tale Fashion Show.
(c) Rescue the Princess from the Tower.
(d) Ugly Duckling Match.
2. How does Codell eventually ensure her students do not steal books that they borrow?
(a) She makes students leave one of their shoes to ensure they return books.
(b) She informs a child's parent when the child borrows a book.
(c) She develops an ID card system similar to a public library.
(d) She collects $10 from students for each book they borrow, as collateral.
3. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
(a) Mostly hispanic.
(b) Mostly black.
(c) Mostly white.
(d) About half and half, black and white.
4. What was Codell's impression of prostitutes on her block as a young child?
(a) Codell is tricked by her father into believing they are movie stars.
(b) They constantly curse at Codell, and she avoids them whenever possible.
(c) Codell know about the nature of their profession and is disgusted by them.
(d) Codell admires them for their bold, colorful clothing choices.
5. How many new teachers are introduced prior to the school's opening in Part I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pop culture figure does Codell use for her "best papers" bulletin board?
2. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
3. Why is Codell dissatisfied with the funeral service held for Ismene?
4. When an architect shows Codell her future classroom in Part I, which of the following is something Codell thinks?
5. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)