|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 45 through 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Codell angry after she breaks up a fight between two girls on December 8th?
(a) Codell is unable to get the girls to stop arguing after the physical fight is over.
(b) In her attempt to stop the fight, she inadvertently injured one of the girls with her elbow.
(c) No other teachers stepped in to help Codell.
(d) It is after school, and Codell is not compensated for her time.
2. What about Mr. Turner's phone call habits irks Codell in the first few entries of the book?
(a) He yells into the receiver.
(b) He speaks for very long periods on the phone.
(c) He frequently hangs up, only to call again soon after.
(d) He calls very late, sometimes as late as 11:30 PM.
3. Which of the following is NOT an activity Codell describes her class doing for Halloween?
(a) Reading The Bat-Poet and studying bats.
(b) Holding a mummy-wrapping race.
(c) Dressing up as ghosts and playing a prank on a second-grade class.
(d) Dramatizing the book Old Devil Wind for a kindergarten class.
4. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Fairy Tale Fashion Show.
(b) Rescue the Princess from the Tower.
(c) Three Billy Goats Gruff Toss.
(d) Ugly Duckling Match.
5. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
(a) How to Tame a Tiger.
(b) How to Draw an Invisible Dragon.
(c) How to Teach Impossible Students.
(d) How to Fold a Paper Snowflake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately says "No" to Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
2. On October 29th, Codell creates an after-school club with what focus?
3. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
4. What film, the first classic film Codell shows, is shown in October 15?
5. What is Ismene's response when Codell asks her if she is married?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)