|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 45 through 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Codell choose for her students to call her?
(a) Ms. Esme.
(b) Mrs. Esme.
(c) Mrs. Raji Codell.
(d) Madame Esme.
2. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
(a) Ms. Esme.
(b) Miss Codell.
(c) Mrs. Cordell.
(d) Ms. Esme Raji Codell.
3. What does Codell use the Thinking Cap for?
(a) She makes troublemaking students wear it, so they can think about what they've done.
(b) She puts it on students so they can take extra time to give a good answer.
(c) She claims that if students concentrate hard enough with the cap on, they will become smarter.
(d) She places potpourri and incense in the cap, allowing the wearer to benefit from aromatherapy.
4. On the first day of school, how does Codell determine where the students will sit?
(a) Codell has the students choose numbered seating assignments from a hat.
(b) Students take turns picking numbered apples from a bulletin board.
(c) Students are seated in a large circle so everyone is equal.
(d) Students can choose their own seats on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
(a) The teachers applaud Codell and reward her with a Teacher of the Month award.
(b) The teachers believe Codell has done an average job, and are indifferent.
(c) Most think Codell has done too much, creating an overstimulating environment.
(d) Many emulate Codell's colorful bulletin boards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student must be stopped from casting voodoo spells on students in class?
2. Why does Codell initially regret asking Twanette's mother to a conference on September 30?
3. Why does Mr. Turner object to the winner of the Addy doll during the November 5th assembly?
4. Why is Codell angry after she breaks up a fight between two girls on December 8th?
5. What is Codell's impression of the scary story contest she holds for Halloween?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)