|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 45 through 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When an architect shows Codell her future classroom in Part I, which of the following is something Codell thinks?
(a) She is glad her classroom is so far away from Mr. Turner's office.
(b) She wishes the classroom was on the second story for safety reasons.
(c) She does not like the "new construction" smell, preferring the unique smell of a school classroom.
(d) The classroom will be much too small for her expected number of students.
2. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
(a) The Well of Worries.
(b) The Black Hole.
(c) Trouble Basket.
(d) The Little Brown Jug.
3. What does Codell notice about the new class of teachers that will be teaching along with her at the new school?
(a) There is a disproportionate amount of white, slender women in their twenties.
(b) There is not one man among the new teachers.
(c) Unlike Codell, most of the teachers are older veterans pulled from surrounding districts.
(d) Codell is one of the few white women among the new teachers.
4. Which is NOT one of the activities Codell proposes for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) Fairy Tale Fashion Show.
(b) Ugly Duckling Match.
(c) Rescue the Princess from the Tower.
(d) Three Billy Goats Gruff Toss.
5. What does Codell call the subject of Science?
(a) Natural Wonders.
(c) Mad Scientist Time.
(d) Dr. Weird's Wonderful World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
2. How does Codell eventually ensure her students do not steal books that they borrow?
3. What does Codell call the subject of Math?
4. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
5. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)