|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 20 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Codell notice about the new class of teachers that will be teaching along with her at the new school?
(a) There is a disproportionate amount of white, slender women in their twenties.
(b) Unlike Codell, most of the teachers are older veterans pulled from surrounding districts.
(c) There is not one man among the new teachers.
(d) Codell is one of the few white women among the new teachers.
2. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
(b) Ismene Siteles.
(c) Mr. Turner.
(d) Ms. Coil.
3. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
(a) The Black Hole.
(b) Trouble Basket.
(c) The Little Brown Jug.
(d) The Well of Worries.
4. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
(a) Ms. Codell.
(b) Mrs. Raji Codell.
(c) Mrs. Esme.
(d) Ms. Esme.
5. How long into Codell's teacher observation time is she allowed to teach?
(a) After one month.
(b) On the second day.
(c) She is never allowed to teach, but only observe.
(d) On the first day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do school administrators reject Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
2. What about Mr. Turner's phone call habits irks Codell in the first few entries of the book?
3. What does Codell call the subject of Math?
4. What pop culture figure does Codell use for her "best papers" bulletin board?
5. Why do Codell and Mr. Turner fail to secure any donations, according to the July 28th entry?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)