|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 20 through 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
(a) Mrs. Cordell.
(b) Ms. Esme Raji Codell.
(c) Miss Codell.
(d) Ms. Esme.
2. What does Codell call the subject of Math?
(b) The Mystery of Symbols.
(c) Numbers Galore.
(d) Number Crunching 3000.
3. How old is Esme Codell when given a job at the public school at the start of the book?
4. How long into Codell's teacher observation time is she allowed to teach?
(a) After one month.
(b) On the first day.
(c) She is never allowed to teach, but only observe.
(d) On the second day.
5. Why does Codell initially regret asking Twanette's mother to a conference on September 30?
(a) Twanette's mother decides to pull Twanette from the class and change schools.
(b) Twanette's misbehavior only worsens after the conference.
(c) Twanette's mother promises to beat Twanette soundly so her attitude will change.
(d) Twanette's mother takes Twanette's side and blames Codell for the perceived misbehavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Codell use the Thinking Cap for?
2. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
3. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
4. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
5. When an architect shows Codell her future classroom in Part I, which of the following is something Codell thinks?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)