Part I: Pages 1 through 20
1. How old is Esme Codell when given a job at the public school at the start of the book?
2. What is the name of Codell's immediate supervisor at her work in Part I?
(a) Ms. Federman.
(b) Mr. Turner.
3. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
(a) Ismene Siteles.
(b) Ms. Coil.
(c) Mr. Turner.
4. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
(a) Mrs. Raji Codell.
(b) Ms. Codell.
(c) Ms. Esme.
(d) Mrs. Esme.
5. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
(a) Mrs. Cordell.
(b) Ms. Esme.
(c) Miss Codell.
(d) Ms. Esme Raji Codell.
6. When interviewed for her first teaching job, how does Codell characterize her discipline style?
7. Why do school administrators reject Codell's proposal for the Fairy Tale Festival?
(a) The subject matter is inappropriate in a school setting.
(b) Many of Codell's proposals pose a danger to safety.
(c) Administrators cannot agree on the day to have the festival.
(d) The festival is too ambitious.
This section contains 7,594 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)