|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
2. What does JUSPAO stand for?
3. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
4. Herr compares some of the reporters to what other profession?
5. Why do the men hear continuous machine gun fire at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the title of Chapter 4, Illumination Rounds. What are illumination rounds in a military sense? What are the illumination rounds Herr discusses?
Essay Topic 2What type of relationship do the soldiers and correspondents maintain? Is it symbiotic? Are there moments of tension? Are they respectful?
Essay Topic 3Describe the state of Vietnam when Herr arrives in Saigon. What is the history of the war up to that point? Who has been involved? Who is fighting? What are the issues being fought for? Who controls the land? Who controls the air? How are the Vietnamese people coping with the constant state of war?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)