|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the General's response?
2. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
3. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
4. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
5. How do many of the correspondents act during the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how exhaustion and frustration with the war affect the soldiers. What do the soldiers do that costs some of them their lives? What has their time in country done to their belief in the war and in the odds of survival?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the title of Chapter 4, Illumination Rounds. What are illumination rounds in a military sense? What are the illumination rounds Herr discusses?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Montagnard people. Who are they? What role did they play in the war? How did the war affect them?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)