|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trick to survival?
(a) Always keep moving
(b) Keep your head low
(c) Listen to your commander
(d) Stay put
2. What do men do to reduce glare?
(a) Wear sunglasses
(b) Use umbrellas
(c) Paint their faces
(d) Wear baseball caps under their helmets
3. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
(b) He is killed in an ambush
(c) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
(d) He does not know if he got out or not
4. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Page and Seann Flynn
(b) Flynn and Seann
(c) Page and Herman
(d) Flynn and Carter
5. What is booby trapped with a grenade?
(a) A latrine
(b) A tent door
(c) A helmet
(d) A tank
Short Answer Questions
1. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
2. What is another term for shell shock?
3. Who do the Montagnards hated?
4. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
5. Who says he is now emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the soldiers feel about the war?
2. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
3. Discuss the difference between Prager and Herr and General Tompkins.
4. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
5. Describe the soldier who tells Herr that he knows how to use both types of drugs to handle the war.
6. Describe the types of reporters working in Vietnam and the reports that are sent back to the American public.
7. What is the Khe Sanh Combat Base and who forms it?
8. Describe China Beach and what soldiers do there.
9. Describe the condition "shell shock." Why do parents fear their sons will come home with it and why do soldiers with it not want to return home?
10. Discuss what an NVA attack on Khe Sanh with the tanks would mean for the American soldiers.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)