|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Herr's apartment?
(c) China Beach
(d) Ho Chi Minh
2. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
(a) Underestimating the enemy
(b) Not having enough food
(c) Not calling for reinforcements
(d) Not bringing enough ammunition
3. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
(a) An airfield in Kontum
(b) China Beach
(c) A bunker in the jungle
(d) A hotel in Saigon
4. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Page and Herman
(b) Flynn and Seann
(c) Page and Seann Flynn
(d) Flynn and Carter
5. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
(a) He runs into a tree
(b) He is kicked in the nose by another soldier
(c) He is hit by mortar fire
(d) He is punched by Flynn
Short Answer Questions
1. The brass declare what after the Tet Offensive?
2. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
3. What does NVA stand for?
4. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
5. Who says he is now emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the increasing intensity of the war and what the NVA are planning.
2. Discuss the soldier who has already served three tours in Vietnam and wants to re-enlist for a fourth.
3. Describe Herr's memories of Vietnam.
4. Describe the types of reporters working in Vietnam and the reports that are sent back to the American public.
5. Describe the mortar attack in which Herr is injured, his understanding of the situation, and the possible truth about the soldier's laughter.
6. How does the battle of Ia Drang affect the American soldiers?
7. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
8. How does the news of Day Tripper and Mayhew affect Herr's time at China Beach?
9. Describe China Beach and what soldiers do there.
10. Why do you think the chaplain lies to the soldier whose legs have been blown off?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)