|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Montagnards hated?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans
(c) The Chinese
(d) The South and North Vietnamese
2. What is the term for the condition which affects many soldiers experiencing terrible events in war?
(a) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
(c) Veteran's disease
(d) Shell Shock
3. No soldier would want to return home with this.
(a) Lost limbs
(d) Shell shock
4. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) At China Beach
(b) In Saigon
(c) In the air
(d) On the ground
5. When did Dien Bien Phu occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dreams of the soldiers become what?
2. What is another term for shell shock?
3. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
4. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
5. What tribes control the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. Herr talks with a black Marine about the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. What impact does the assassination have on the black soldiers in Vietnam?
2. How does the Vietnam War impact more than just the country of Vietnam?
3. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
4. How does the image of the World War II correspondent typing by candlelight relate to the Marines diverse views regarding war correspondents?
5. How does the presence of the correspondents lend importance to missions and also detract from the importance of the soldiers job?
6. What role does luck play in the lives of the soldiers?
7. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
8. What is the result of the siege at Khe Sanh?
9. Why does Herr feel emptiness and longing while visiting old friends?
10. Discuss Herr's comments about the NVA who refused to come out of his spider hole and the numerous ways a man can be killed in Vietnam.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)