|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he is now emperor?
(a) Major Trong
(b) Major Tra Wahn
(c) Khe Sahn
(d) Ho Chi Minh
2. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(b) An excuse for the Americans defeat
(c) A political move
(d) An encouragement to the troops
3. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He does not know if he got out or not
(b) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
(c) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
(d) He is killed in an ambush
4. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
(a) Captain Trong
(b) Major Wong
(c) Major Tonga
(d) Major Trong
5. What happens on the day the young marine is supposed to leave?
(a) He shoots himself in the foot
(b) He misses his transport
(c) He shoots himself in the hand
(d) He is killed
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
2. What type of people are the Montagnards?
3. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
4. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
5. The Marines feel one of them is worth how many regular soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Herr's drug use and why the soldiers try to avoid their dreams.
2. Discuss Herr's comments about the NVA who refused to come out of his spider hole and the numerous ways a man can be killed in Vietnam.
3. Describe Herr's memories of Vietnam.
4. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
5. What is Soc Trang and what does it promise Herr?
6. How does the news of Day Tripper and Mayhew affect Herr's time at China Beach?
7. Describe the battle for the Citadel in Hue.
8. Describe the actions of the correspondents while in the field.
9. What is the Khe Sanh Combat Base and who forms it?
10. Why do you think the chaplain lies to the soldier whose legs have been blown off?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)