|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) There are more American troops than NVA
(b) The base sits on high ground
(c) The NVA will give up quickly
(d) The Americans are better prepared than the French
2. Who do some American soldiers fight for?
(a) The Chinese
(b) The VC
(c) The Japanese
(d) The French
3. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(d) Shell shock
4. Who is Seann Flynn's famous father?
(a) The Flying Flynn
(b) Flynn Page
(c) Errol Flynn
(d) Steven Flynn
5. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are not counted
(b) They are listed as American
(c) They are listed as VC
(d) They are hung from trees
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
2. What is a TAOR?
3. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
4. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
5. When did the First Indochina War end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the siege at Khe Sanh?
2. What do the soldiers expect to find at Hue? What are they greeted with? How does the battle turn out?
3. Discuss the story about the soldier who is rewarded for killing more enemy and rescuing more prisoners than he actually did.
4. Discuss Herr's comment that the military's use of "corps" zones reduces the character of the country.
5. How does the Vietnam War impact more than just the country of Vietnam?
6. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
7. Khe Sanh is compared to another battle fought nearly ten years earlier. What is the name of that battle and what happened?
8. Discuss the soldier who has already served three tours in Vietnam and wants to re-enlist for a fourth.
9. Describe the effects of fatigue on the soldiers.
10. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)