|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
(a) He covers his mouth
(b) A high giggle
(c) Loud snorts
(d) Like a hyena
2. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
(b) The Pentagon
(d) South Vietnam
3. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) City dwellers
(b) Reclusive and primitive
(c) NVA outcasts
(d) South Vietnamese guerillas
4. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(b) Shell shock
5. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is booby trapped with a grenade?
2. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
3. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
4. When do NVA troops begin building up around the Khe Sanh base?
5. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reaction Herr has to seeing dead bodies and how the soldiers react when they kill the enemy.
2. How does the Vietnam War impact more than just the country of Vietnam?
3. Describe the battle for the Citadel in Hue.
4. What is the result of the siege at Khe Sanh?
5. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
6. What are the two realities of Vietnam and how do they differ?
7. Discuss Page's wound and his recovery.
8. What is Soc Trang and what does it promise Herr?
9. What is the Khe Sanh Combat Base and who forms it?
10. Why do you think the chaplain lies to the soldier whose legs have been blown off?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)