|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the troops find in the city of Hue?
(a) A large company of NVA troops
(b) Thousands of dead bodies
(c) Fresh replacement troops from America
(d) A deserted city
2. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(a) A political move
(b) An excuse for the Americans defeat
(d) An encouragement to the troops
3. When did the First Indochina War end?
4. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
(a) Like a hyena
(b) He covers his mouth
(c) A high giggle
(d) Loud snorts
5. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(b) A Vietnamese Cigar
Short Answer Questions
1. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
2. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
3. No soldier would want to return home with this.
4. The dreams of the soldiers become what?
5. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
2. Who are Day Tripper and Mayhew? What does Herr do with them?
3. Why do soldiers take body part trophies? Does drug use play a role in this practice?
4. How does the battle of Ia Drang affect the American soldiers?
5. Discuss the meaning of Major Trong's statement that he is emperor now.
6. Discuss the difference between Prager and Herr and General Tompkins.
7. Describe the battle for the Citadel in Hue.
8. How does the presence of the correspondents lend importance to missions and also detract from the importance of the soldiers job?
9. Discuss Herr's comment that the military's use of "corps" zones reduces the character of the country.
10. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)