|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Reporting Party
(b) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(c) Long Range Recruit Party
(d) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
2. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) There are more American troops than NVA
(b) The Americans are better prepared than the French
(c) The base sits on high ground
(d) The NVA will give up quickly
3. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
4. The VC conserves what?
(b) Weapon stores
5. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
(c) South Vietnam
(d) The Pentagon
Short Answer Questions
1. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
2. Many soldiers carry what to keep them safe?
3. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
4. Who fires on the soldiers Herr travels with?
5. What do the troops find in the city of Hue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Page's wound and his recovery.
2. How does the battle of Ia Drang affect the American soldiers?
3. Discuss the meaning of Major Trong's statement that he is emperor now.
4. Describe the condition "shell shock." Why do parents fear their sons will come home with it and why do soldiers with it not want to return home?
5. Why does Herr feel emptiness and longing while visiting old friends?
6. Describe the soldier who tells Herr that he knows how to use both types of drugs to handle the war.
7. Describe the stories Herr hears from the soldiers.
8. Describe China Beach and what soldiers do there.
9. Why do soldiers take body part trophies? Does drug use play a role in this practice?
10. What is the attitude of the Marines? How does this attitude negatively affect the troops?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)