|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
(b) Ia Drang
(c) Khe Sanh
2. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
(a) July 4, 1965
(b) January 31, 1969
(c) July 31, 1967
(d) January 30,1968
3. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(a) Shell shock
4. From where is the young marine departing?
(b) Khe Sanh
(d) My Lai
5. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
2. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
3. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
4. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
5. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Herr's first encounter with the Marines and how that affects Herr.
2. How do the soldiers feel about the war?
3. How does the news of Day Tripper and Mayhew affect Herr's time at China Beach?
4. What is the Khe Sanh Combat Base and who forms it?
5. Describe Herr's memories of Vietnam.
6. What is Soc Trang and what does it promise Herr?
7. Describe the actions of the correspondents while in the field.
8. What is the attitude of the Marines? How does this attitude negatively affect the troops?
9. Discuss the difference between Prager and Herr and General Tompkins.
10. Who are Day Tripper and Mayhew? What does Herr do with them?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)