|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
(a) Give them Heck
(b) Good Luck
(c) Break a Leg
(d) Good Job
2. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(d) Food rations
3. The NVA hold what building in Hue?
(a) The national university
(b) The Citadel
(c) The Temple
(d) The US Embassy
4. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
(a) A soldier gone crazy
(b) The VC
(c) The reporters
(d) Vietnamese civilians
5. What happens on the day the young marine is supposed to leave?
(a) He misses his transport
(b) He shoots himself in the foot
(c) He is killed
(d) He shoots himself in the hand
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
2. When does the Dak To battle take place?
3. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
4. Where does Herr place Khe Sanh?
5. What are the four geographical areas of Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the stories Herr hears from the soldiers.
2. Describe the mortar attack in which Herr is injured, his understanding of the situation, and the possible truth about the soldier's laughter.
3. How does the news of Day Tripper and Mayhew affect Herr's time at China Beach?
4. Discuss the difference between Prager and Herr and General Tompkins.
5. Describe Herr's drug use and why the soldiers try to avoid their dreams.
6. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
7. How does the battle of Ia Drang affect the American soldiers?
8. Describe the events that finally make Herr take up a weapon and the role he plays in the Tet Offensive.
9. Describe the actions of the correspondents while in the field.
10. What is the Khe Sanh Combat Base and who forms it?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)