|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Reporting Party
(b) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(c) Long Range Recruit Party
(d) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
2. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) On land
(b) In Saigon
(c) In the ground cover
(d) In the Air
3. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
(a) To know where to get drugs
(b) To get home quickly
(c) To learn how to fire a weapon properly
(d) To hit the floor quickly
4. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(d) Food rations
5. What do the troops find in the city of Hue?
(a) A large company of NVA troops
(b) Thousands of dead bodies
(c) Fresh replacement troops from America
(d) A deserted city
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Montagnards hated?
2. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
3. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
4. What type of people are the Montagnards?
5. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle at Khe Sanh.
2. Describe the types of reporters working in Vietnam and the reports that are sent back to the American public.
3. Discuss some of the reasons men have joined the military.
4. Why do you think the chaplain lies to the soldier whose legs have been blown off?
5. What is Soc Trang and what does it promise Herr?
6. What do the soldiers expect to find at Hue? What are they greeted with? How does the battle turn out?
7. Describe the stories Herr hears from the soldiers.
8. Describe Herr's memories of Vietnam.
9. Describe the effects of fatigue on the soldiers.
10. Who is the Khe Sanh press secretary and what is his role in the Khe Sanh siege?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)