|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to South Vietnamese at Hue?
(a) They are executed by NVA
(b) They are given reprive to go home
(c) They are taken to POW camps
(d) They are recruited by the Americans
2. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
(a) Going back to America
(b) Getting shot at
(d) Wearing their dog tags
3. Where does Herr place Khe Sanh?
(a) On top of the piedmont
(b) In the delta
(c) Just outside the DMZ
(d) In I Corps
4. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
(a) I Corps, II Corps, III Corps, IV Corps
(b) I Corps, DMZ, Cam Ranh Bay, Saigon
(c) DMZ, Eye Corps, Mountains, Delta
(d) Saigon, China Beach, Khe Sanh, Ho Chi Minh
5. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) In the ground cover
(b) In the Air
(c) In Saigon
(d) On land
Short Answer Questions
1. The VC conserves what?
2. What tribes control the mountains?
3. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
4. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
5. What geographical area is close to Khe Sanh and is dangerous even without the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Soc Trang and what does it promise Herr?
2. Describe Herr's memories of Vietnam.
3. Describe the types of reporters working in Vietnam and the reports that are sent back to the American public.
4. How does the battle of Ia Drang affect the American soldiers?
5. Why do soldiers take body part trophies? Does drug use play a role in this practice?
6. Describe the stories Herr hears from the soldiers.
7. Describe China Beach and what soldiers do there.
8. Why do you think the chaplain lies to the soldier whose legs have been blown off?
9. Discuss Page's wound and his recovery.
10. Describe the condition "shell shock." Why do parents fear their sons will come home with it and why do soldiers with it not want to return home?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)