|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the Special Forces at the EM Club been in Vietnam?
(a) Four tours
(b) Thirty-six months
(c) Two tours
(d) 48 months
2. What does the photographer witness soldiers doing with VC bodies?
(a) Lighting them on fire
(b) Burying them in a mass grave
(c) Hanging them from trees
(d) Dropping them out of a helicopter
3. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
(a) Resupply ammunition, weapons, and fuel supplies of other troops
(b) Work in rice fields
(c) Engage in training missions
(d) Soak up the sun, take hot showers, eat hot food
4. What are the two realities of the war?
(a) That the VC keep coming and death
(b) Death and battle
(c) drugs and death
(d) What the Marines experience and what the officials report
5. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) A thousand dollars
(b) Five thousand dollars
(c) Eighteen hundred dollars
(d) Eighteen thousand dollars
6. Who do Prager and Herr meet with?
(a) The leader of the NVA
(b) President Johnson
(c) They attend a press junket
(d) General Tompkins
7. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
(a) Licks her face
(b) Asks her on a date
(c) Grabs her bottom
(d) Makes her cry
8. When does Operation Pegasus begin?
(a) April 1
(b) August 1
(c) January 1
(d) March 31
9. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
(a) A water buffalo
(b) A bicycle
(c) A tank
(d) An open top jeep
10. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
(a) Strange dreams
(c) Danang Fever
11. What event occurs at the same time as the Khe Sanh battle?
(a) Page dies in battle
(b) Herr's birthday
(c) The Beatles visit Saigon
(d) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
12. What battle occurs at the same time as the siege at Khe Sanh?
13. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
(b) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
(c) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
(d) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
14. What is the nickname Dink short for?
(a) Dinky doo
(d) Dink-a- Dinks
15. What do the Marines discover in the hills?
(a) Ammunition and arms supplies
(b) Massacred villagers
(c) Entrenched NVA troops
(d) The NVA left in a hurry
Short Answer Questions
1. What news of Mayhew does Herr receive at China Beach?
2. Herr begins the chapter with a scene from what war?
3. What is China Beach?
4. What is the weapon that kills Mayhew?
5. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)