|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
(a) Robert McNamara
(b) Two Marines from the 26th Company
(c) Dan Rather from CBS
(d) General Tompkins
2. Herr begins the chapter with a scene from what war?
(a) World War II
(b) World War I
(c) The Korean War
(d) The Civil War
3. How do many of the correspondents act during the war?
(a) As if it is a war movie
(b) As if they are on vacation
(c) As if they are soldiers
(d) As if they are government officials
4. What is an RPG?
(a) A Rolling Pocket Grenande
(b) A Reinforcement Platoon Grange
(c) A Rocket Propelled Grenade
(d) A Rocket Placed Grenade
5. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A tank
(c) An open top jeep
(d) A water buffalo
6. What is a Seabee?
(a) A Navy Seal
(b) The coast guard
(c) A Green Beret trained in aquatics
(d) A construction battalion
7. What rock and roll artist does one soldier play during a firefight?
(a) Jimi Hendrix
(b) Elvis Presley
(c) Buddy Holly
(d) The Beatles
8. Where are Day Tripper and Mayhew from respectively?
(a) Kansas City and Atlanta
(b) Detroit and New York City
(c) Chicago and Detroit
(d) Detroit and Kansas City
9. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Seann Flynn
(b) Karsten Prager
(c) Dana Stone
(d) Steven Miles
10. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
(a) Hotel Company
(b) Charlie Company
(c) Inn Good Company
(d) Motel Company
11. What is the loud hammering Herr hears inside the Chinook helicopter?
(a) The propellors falling off
(b) Bullets hitting the underside of the helicopter
(c) The sound of bombs exploding in the air around the helicopter
(d) The gunfire issuing from the helicopter
12. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(b) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
(c) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(d) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
13. When do the Marines finally leave Khe Sanh?
(a) They are under siege and cannot leave
(b) They spend the rest of the war at Khe Sanh
(c) The Marines establish a permanent base at Khe Sanh
(d) In the spring
14. What does the photographer witness soldiers doing with VC bodies?
(a) Lighting them on fire
(b) Hanging them from trees
(c) Burying them in a mass grave
(d) Dropping them out of a helicopter
15. Although Herr keeps in contact with his friends and colleagues when he returns to the States, he feels what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davies' in-country wife do for a living?
2. Why does Seann Flynn not seem to fit in a combat zone?
3. How old is Page on his next birthday?
4. What is the weapon that kills Mayhew?
5. With which newspaper is Peter Braestrup associated?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)