|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
(b) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
(c) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
(d) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
2. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Steven Miles
(b) Seann Flynn
(c) Dana Stone
(d) Karsten Prager
3. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
(a) Killing 1 and rescuing 5
(b) Killing 1 and rescuing 1
(c) Killing 2 and rescuing 1
(d) Killing 14 and rescuing 6
4. Where are the smaller bases built?
(a) Along the route to My Lai
(b) Along the route to Saigon
(c) Along the route to Khe Sanh
(d) Along the route to Hue
5. Which correspondent suffers a severe accident?
6. What is the loud hammering Herr hears inside the Chinook helicopter?
(a) The gunfire issuing from the helicopter
(b) The propellors falling off
(c) Bullets hitting the underside of the helicopter
(d) The sound of bombs exploding in the air around the helicopter
7. Who does Herr dread becoming like?
(a) Page and Flynn
(b) The Montagnards
(c) The zombie soldiers
(d) Aging journalists
8. What news of Mayhew does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been sent home
(b) He is also in China Beach
(c) He is dead
(d) He has been stationed in Saigon
9. What is China Beach?
(a) A place where correspondents give press junkets
(b) The head of military operations
(c) A place for in-country R&R
(d) Another military base
10. What is Page offered?
(a) A position with Time magazine
(b) Money from the government for his wound
(c) A book deal
(d) A movie deal
11. Where is Day Tripper and Mayhew's bunker located?
(a) The stay in a Temple
(b) Between Khe Sanh and Langvei
(c) In the back of the base
(d) Near the perimeter
12. What rock and roll artist does one soldier play during a firefight?
(a) Jimi Hendrix
(b) The Beatles
(c) Buddy Holly
(d) Elvis Presley
13. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
(a) Day Tripper and Mayhew
(b) Mayhew and Page
(c) Dana Stone and Day Tripper
(d) Page and Flynn
14. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Tell lies in their reports
(b) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(c) Send gifts to the Marines
(d) Shorten tours of duty
15. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) Eighteen hundred dollars
(b) A thousand dollars
(c) Eighteen thousand dollars
(d) Five thousand dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
2. Where does Herr go following Khe Sanh?
3. How does Herr find the conditions now in Khe Sanh?
4. What does the photographer witness soldiers doing with VC bodies?
5. What is an RPG?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)