|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Eagle
(b) Operation Pegasus
(c) Operation Get Out Now
(d) Operation Winged-Horse
2. With which magazine is Karsten Prager associated?
3. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been stationed in Saigon
(b) He is dead
(c) He is also in China Beach
(d) He has been sent home
4. What does Herr talk about with a black Marine?
(a) The end of the war
(b) The assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) The drug culture among marines
(d) The accuracy of press coverage
5. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(b) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
(c) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(d) Joint US Public Affairs Office
6. What is the loud hammering Herr hears inside the Chinook helicopter?
(a) The propellors falling off
(b) Bullets hitting the underside of the helicopter
(c) The gunfire issuing from the helicopter
(d) The sound of bombs exploding in the air around the helicopter
7. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
(a) Page and Flynn
(b) Mayhew and Page
(c) Dana Stone and Day Tripper
(d) Day Tripper and Mayhew
8. What did the NVA leave behind?
(a) Complete encampments
(b) Food supplies
(c) Guns and ammunition
(d) Abandoned packs and equipment
9. Where are the smaller bases built?
(a) Along the route to Khe Sanh
(b) Along the route to My Lai
(c) Along the route to Hue
(d) Along the route to Saigon
10. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
(a) General Tompkins
(b) Robert McNamara
(c) Dan Rather from CBS
(d) Two Marines from the 26th Company
11. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
(a) General Tompkins
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General North
(d) General Thompson
12. What does Page represent to the Marines?
(a) A true soldier
(b) The real enemy
(c) A good friend
(d) A drain on their resources
13. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
(b) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
(c) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
(d) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
14. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
(a) Inn Good Company
(b) Hotel Company
(c) Charlie Company
(d) Motel Company
15. What is an RPG?
(a) A Rocket Propelled Grenade
(b) A Reinforcement Platoon Grange
(c) A Rocket Placed Grenade
(d) A Rolling Pocket Grenande
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weapon that kills Mayhew?
2. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
3. Herr learns that Mayhew died by _____________________________.
4. Why do the men hear continuous machine gun fire at night?
5. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)