|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Page offered?
(a) Money from the government for his wound
(b) A position with Time magazine
(c) A book deal
(d) A movie deal
2. What does Herr talk about with a black Marine?
(a) The assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) The end of the war
(c) The accuracy of press coverage
(d) The drug culture among marines
3. What did the NVA leave behind?
(a) Complete encampments
(b) Food supplies
(c) Abandoned packs and equipment
(d) Guns and ammunition
4. Which correspondent suffers a severe accident?
5. Where is Day Tripper and Mayhew's bunker located?
(a) In the back of the base
(b) Near the perimeter
(c) Between Khe Sanh and Langvei
(d) The stay in a Temple
6. How long has the Special Forces at the EM Club been in Vietnam?
(a) Two tours
(b) 48 months
(c) Thirty-six months
(d) Four tours
7. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
(a) Inn Good Company
(b) Hotel Company
(c) Motel Company
(d) Charlie Company
8. What do the Marines discover in the hills?
(a) Massacred villagers
(b) Entrenched NVA troops
(c) Ammunition and arms supplies
(d) The NVA left in a hurry
9. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He is dead
(b) He has been stationed in Saigon
(c) He has been sent home
(d) He is also in China Beach
10. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(b) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(c) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(d) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
11. What does Herr begin the chapter with?
(a) A memory from his childhood
(b) A listing of soldiers who died at Khe Sanh
(c) Twenty accounts that happen during Vietnam
(d) An account of the Tet Offensive
12. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Send gifts to the Marines
(b) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(c) Tell lies in their reports
(d) Shorten tours of duty
13. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
(b) Extra ammunition
(c) Extra food
(d) His credentials
14. What is a Seabee?
(a) A construction battalion
(b) A Green Beret trained in aquatics
(c) A Navy Seal
(d) The coast guard
15. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
(a) West of Hue
(b) North of Saigon
(c) North of Khe Sanh
(d) South of Hanoi
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herr find the conditions now in Khe Sanh?
2. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
3. What is the nickname Dink short for?
4. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
5. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)