|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
(a) Licks her face
(b) Asks her on a date
(c) Makes her cry
(d) Grabs her bottom
2. Who gets regular leave to China Beach?
(a) Wounded Marines
(b) The officers
(c) Good combat Marines
(d) The Press Corps
3. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
(a) They refuse to communicate with the press
(b) They are congenial but evasive
(c) They lie to make things appear better than they are
(d) They tell the truth as painful as it may be
4. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
(a) Inn Good Company
(b) Motel Company
(c) Charlie Company
(d) Hotel Company
5. What question does Prager ask the General?
(a) What he would do if the NVA attack Khe Sanh and supporting bases at once
(b) How to win the war
(c) For extra troops at Khe Sanh
(d) If they can have steak for dinner
6. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
(a) South of Hanoi
(b) North of Saigon
(c) West of Hue
(d) North of Khe Sanh
7. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
(a) Killing 2 and rescuing 1
(b) Killing 1 and rescuing 1
(c) Killing 1 and rescuing 5
(d) Killing 14 and rescuing 6
8. Who is the reporter who earns respect by taking point during patrols?
(a) Dana Stone
9. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Winged-Horse
(b) Operation Eagle
(c) Operation Pegasus
(d) Operation Get Out Now
10. How many writers does Herr estimate are in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive?
11. Where does Herr go following Khe Sanh?
(c) China Beach
(d) United States
12. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
(a) Page and Flynn
(b) Mayhew and Page
(c) Dana Stone and Day Tripper
(d) Day Tripper and Mayhew
13. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(b) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(c) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
(d) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
14. Herr begins the chapter with a scene from what war?
(a) The Civil War
(b) The Korean War
(c) World War II
(d) World War I
15. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is scared of the war
(b) That he is no good at his job
(c) That he likes to tell lies
(d) That he is really a good soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
2. When do the Marines finally leave Khe Sanh?
3. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
4. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
5. Where are Day Tripper and Mayhew from respectively?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)