|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Page on his next birthday?
2. What event occurs at the same time as the Khe Sanh battle?
(a) Herr's birthday
(b) The Beatles visit Saigon
(c) Page dies in battle
(d) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
3. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
(a) They tell the truth as painful as it may be
(b) They are congenial but evasive
(c) They lie to make things appear better than they are
(d) They refuse to communicate with the press
4. Who is the reporter who earns respect by taking point during patrols?
(a) Dana Stone
5. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
(b) Colonel David Lownds
(c) Dana Stone
(d) Seann Flynn Page
6. Herr begins the chapter with a scene from what war?
(a) World War II
(b) The Korean War
(c) The Civil War
(d) World War I
7. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
(b) Five hundred
(c) Three hundred
(d) One hundred
8. What does Herr talk about with a black Marine?
(a) The accuracy of press coverage
(b) The drug culture among marines
(c) The assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) The end of the war
9. What did the NVA leave behind?
(a) Guns and ammunition
(b) Complete encampments
(c) Abandoned packs and equipment
(d) Food supplies
10. What does Davies' in-country wife do for a living?
(a) She sells vegetables
(b) She works in the EM Club
(c) She cleans latrines
(d) She is a prostitute
11. What is an RPG?
(a) A Rolling Pocket Grenande
(b) A Reinforcement Platoon Grange
(c) A Rocket Placed Grenade
(d) A Rocket Propelled Grenade
12. What sights upset Day Tripper?
(a) Mayhew losing a leg
(b) The NVA soldiers hanging on the wire fence
(d) Piles of dead Vietnamese
13. What is the nickname Dink short for?
(a) Dinky doo
(d) Dink-a- Dinks
14. How many writers does Herr estimate are in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive?
15. How do many of the correspondents act during the war?
(a) As if they are on vacation
(b) As if they are soldiers
(c) As if it is a war movie
(d) As if they are government officials
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
2. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
3. Herr learns that Mayhew died by _____________________________.
4. What does JUSPAO stand for?
5. How does Herr find the conditions now in Khe Sanh?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)