|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things mark his visits with friends?
(a) Marijuana use and Strange Dreams
(b) Longing and emptiness
(c) Drugs and alcohol
(d) Memories and Drugs
2. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
(a) South of Hanoi
(b) North of Saigon
(c) West of Hue
(d) North of Khe Sanh
3. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
(a) General North
(b) General Thompson
(c) General Eisenhower
(d) General Tompkins
4. What does Davies' in-country wife do for a living?
(a) She cleans latrines
(b) She works in the EM Club
(c) She sells vegetables
(d) She is a prostitute
5. What news of Mayhew does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been sent home
(b) He is also in China Beach
(c) He is dead
(d) He has been stationed in Saigon
6. Herr calls war correspondents what?
(a) Those Crazy Guys who Cover the War
(b) Pretend Soldiers
(d) War Heroes
7. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Get Out Now
(b) Operation Eagle
(c) Operation Winged-Horse
(d) Operation Pegasus
8. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
(a) Killing 1 and rescuing 5
(b) Killing 1 and rescuing 1
(c) Killing 14 and rescuing 6
(d) Killing 2 and rescuing 1
9. What battle occurs at the same time as the siege at Khe Sanh?
10. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A tank
(c) A water buffalo
(d) An open top jeep
11. What question does Prager ask the General?
(a) If they can have steak for dinner
(b) For extra troops at Khe Sanh
(c) What he would do if the NVA attack Khe Sanh and supporting bases at once
(d) How to win the war
12. What do the NVA have that no one expected them to have?
(a) American weapons
(c) French Rocket Launchers
(d) Soviet tanks
13. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Tell lies in their reports
(b) Send gifts to the Marines
(c) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(d) Shorten tours of duty
14. How do many of the correspondents act during the war?
(a) As if they are soldiers
(b) As if it is a war movie
(c) As if they are government officials
(d) As if they are on vacation
15. What do the Marines discover in the hills?
(a) Entrenched NVA troops
(b) Ammunition and arms supplies
(c) The NVA left in a hurry
(d) Massacred villagers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Day Tripper and Mayhew from respectively?
2. What is the unspoken fear Herr does not mention?
3. What is a Seabee?
4. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
5. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)