|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A water buffalo
(c) An open top jeep
(d) A tank
2. Where are the smaller bases built?
(a) Along the route to Khe Sanh
(b) Along the route to Saigon
(c) Along the route to Hue
(d) Along the route to My Lai
3. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been stationed in Saigon
(b) He is dead
(c) He is also in China Beach
(d) He has been sent home
4. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
(b) Extra ammunition
(c) His credentials
(d) Extra food
5. How long has the Special Forces at the EM Club been in Vietnam?
(a) Four tours
(b) Thirty-six months
(c) 48 months
(d) Two tours
6. Who does Herr dread becoming like?
(a) Aging journalists
(b) Page and Flynn
(c) The Montagnards
(d) The zombie soldiers
7. Who do Prager and Herr meet with?
(a) President Johnson
(b) The leader of the NVA
(c) General Tompkins
(d) They attend a press junket
8. What question does Prager ask the General?
(a) How to win the war
(b) For extra troops at Khe Sanh
(c) If they can have steak for dinner
(d) What he would do if the NVA attack Khe Sanh and supporting bases at once
9. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Steven Miles
(b) Seann Flynn
(c) Dana Stone
(d) Karsten Prager
10. Why does Seann Flynn not seem to fit in a combat zone?
(a) Because he is good looking
(b) Because he is very small
(c) Because Seann is a female
(d) Because he is young
11. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
(a) West of Hue
(b) South of Hanoi
(c) North of Saigon
(d) North of Khe Sanh
12. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he likes to tell lies
(b) That he is no good at his job
(c) That he is really a good soldier
(d) That he is scared of the war
13. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
(a) General Tompkins
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General North
(d) General Thompson
14. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
(a) Killing 1 and rescuing 1
(b) Killing 14 and rescuing 6
(c) Killing 2 and rescuing 1
(d) Killing 1 and rescuing 5
15. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
(b) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
(c) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
(d) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the soldiers accept the coffee?
2. What rock and roll artist does one soldier play during a firefight?
3. Where is Day Tripper and Mayhew's bunker located?
4. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
5. What sights upset Day Tripper?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)