|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs at the same time as the Khe Sanh battle?
(a) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Herr's birthday
(c) The Beatles visit Saigon
(d) Page dies in battle
2. Why does Seann Flynn not seem to fit in a combat zone?
(a) Because he is good looking
(b) Because Seann is a female
(c) Because he is young
(d) Because he is very small
3. Herr calls war correspondents what?
(a) Pretend Soldiers
(b) War Heroes
(c) Those Crazy Guys who Cover the War
4. With which newspaper is Peter Braestrup associated?
(a) Washington Post
(b) Boston Globe
(c) New York Times
(d) Philadelphia Enquirer
5. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Shorten tours of duty
(b) Send gifts to the Marines
(c) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(d) Tell lies in their reports
6. When does Operation Pegasus begin?
(a) March 31
(b) August 1
(c) January 1
(d) April 1
7. What is a Seabee?
(a) The coast guard
(b) A Navy Seal
(c) A Green Beret trained in aquatics
(d) A construction battalion
8. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been stationed in Saigon
(b) He has been sent home
(c) He is also in China Beach
(d) He is dead
9. What does Davies' in-country wife do for a living?
(a) She sells vegetables
(b) She cleans latrines
(c) She is a prostitute
(d) She works in the EM Club
10. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Dana Stone
(b) Seann Flynn
(c) Steven Miles
(d) Karsten Prager
11. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
(a) Page and Flynn
(b) Mayhew and Page
(c) Dana Stone and Day Tripper
(d) Day Tripper and Mayhew
12. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
(a) Two Marines from the 26th Company
(b) Robert McNamara
(c) General Tompkins
(d) Dan Rather from CBS
13. Who does Herr dread becoming like?
(a) The Montagnards
(b) Page and Flynn
(c) Aging journalists
(d) The zombie soldiers
14. What is the nickname Dink short for?
(c) Dinky doo
(d) Dink-a- Dinks
15. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is scared of the war
(b) That he likes to tell lies
(c) That he is no good at his job
(d) That he is really a good soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
2. What does Herr talk about with a black Marine?
3. What news of Mayhew does Herr receive at China Beach?
4. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
5. Herr learns that Mayhew died by _____________________________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)