|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Operation Pegasus begin?
(a) March 31
(b) April 1
(c) August 1
(d) January 1
2. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
(a) His credentials
(c) Extra food
(d) Extra ammunition
3. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) A thousand dollars
(b) Eighteen thousand dollars
(c) Five thousand dollars
(d) Eighteen hundred dollars
4. Where is Mayhew's friend recovering before returning to Khe Sanh?
(c) China Beach
5. What do the NVA have that no one expected them to have?
(b) American weapons
(c) French Rocket Launchers
(d) Soviet tanks
6. What does Page represent to the Marines?
(a) A true soldier
(b) A drain on their resources
(c) A good friend
(d) The real enemy
7. Who is the reporter who earns respect by taking point during patrols?
(a) Dana Stone
8. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is scared of the war
(b) That he is really a good soldier
(c) That he is no good at his job
(d) That he likes to tell lies
9. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(b) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(c) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(d) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
10. How do many of the correspondents act during the war?
(a) As if they are on vacation
(b) As if it is a war movie
(c) As if they are soldiers
(d) As if they are government officials
11. What sights upset Day Tripper?
(a) Piles of dead Vietnamese
(b) The NVA soldiers hanging on the wire fence
(d) Mayhew losing a leg
12. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
(a) An open top jeep
(b) A water buffalo
(c) A tank
(d) A bicycle
13. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
(a) Work in rice fields
(b) Soak up the sun, take hot showers, eat hot food
(c) Resupply ammunition, weapons, and fuel supplies of other troops
(d) Engage in training missions
14. What do the Marines discover in the hills?
(a) Ammunition and arms supplies
(b) Massacred villagers
(c) Entrenched NVA troops
(d) The NVA left in a hurry
15. What two things mark his visits with friends?
(a) Longing and emptiness
(b) Memories and Drugs
(c) Drugs and alcohol
(d) Marijuana use and Strange Dreams
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do soldiers get to go to China Beach?
2. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
3. What is the General's response?
4. What is China Beach?
5. How does Herr find the conditions now in Khe Sanh?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)