|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
(a) Dana Stone
(b) Seann Flynn Page
(d) Colonel David Lownds
2. What is the weapon that kills Mayhew?
(a) Land mine
(b) RPG (rocket-propelled grenade)
3. What sights upset Day Tripper?
(a) Piles of dead Vietnamese
(b) The NVA soldiers hanging on the wire fence
(d) Mayhew losing a leg
4. Where is Mayhew's friend recovering before returning to Khe Sanh?
(d) China Beach
5. What do the NVA have that no one expected them to have?
(b) Soviet tanks
(c) French Rocket Launchers
(d) American weapons
6. Herr learns that Mayhew died by _____________________________.
(a) a heart attack
(b) an ambush
(c) being hit directly in the chest
(d) a self-inflicted gunshot wound
7. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Steven Miles
(b) Seann Flynn
(c) Dana Stone
(d) Karsten Prager
8. What is Page offered?
(a) A position with Time magazine
(b) A book deal
(c) Money from the government for his wound
(d) A movie deal
9. What two things mark his visits with friends?
(a) Longing and emptiness
(b) Memories and Drugs
(c) Drugs and alcohol
(d) Marijuana use and Strange Dreams
10. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
(a) Grabs her bottom
(b) Asks her on a date
(c) Makes her cry
(d) Licks her face
11. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
(a) A volcanic eruption
(b) A dead body
(c) A moonscape
(d) A beautiful painting
12. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
(a) General Thompson
(b) General North
(c) General Tompkins
(d) General Eisenhower
13. With which newspaper is Peter Braestrup associated?
(a) Philadelphia Enquirer
(b) Boston Globe
(c) New York Times
(d) Washington Post
14. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He is also in China Beach
(b) He has been sent home
(c) He is dead
(d) He has been stationed in Saigon
15. Who are the two men Herr meets in Khe Sanh?
(a) Day Tripper and Mayhew
(b) Dana Stone and Day Tripper
(c) Page and Flynn
(d) Mayhew and Page
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
2. What is a Seabee?
3. What does the photographer witness soldiers doing with VC bodies?
4. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
5. What does Herr begin the chapter with?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)