|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
(a) Makes her cry
(b) Grabs her bottom
(c) Licks her face
(d) Asks her on a date
2. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
(a) Hotel Company
(b) Motel Company
(c) Inn Good Company
(d) Charlie Company
3. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
(a) Engage in training missions
(b) Resupply ammunition, weapons, and fuel supplies of other troops
(c) Soak up the sun, take hot showers, eat hot food
(d) Work in rice fields
4. What do Red Cross nurses offer soldiers returning from battle?
(a) A beer
(c) A night in town
(d) A hot bath
5. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
(a) General Tompkins
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General Thompson
(d) General North
6. What do the NVA have that no one expected them to have?
(b) Soviet tanks
(c) American weapons
(d) French Rocket Launchers
7. What question does Prager ask the General?
(a) How to win the war
(b) What he would do if the NVA attack Khe Sanh and supporting bases at once
(c) If they can have steak for dinner
(d) For extra troops at Khe Sanh
8. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
(b) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
(c) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
(d) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
9. Herr begins the chapter with a scene from what war?
(a) World War II
(b) The Civil War
(c) The Korean War
(d) World War I
10. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is scared of the war
(b) That he is no good at his job
(c) That he likes to tell lies
(d) That he is really a good soldier
11. What is the General's response?
(a) He doubts the NVA can make such a manuver
(b) He wants the NVA to attack Khe Sanh
(c) He is calling in more troops
(d) He is pulling American troops out of Khe Sanh
12. Herr learns that Mayhew died by _____________________________.
(a) a heart attack
(b) being hit directly in the chest
(c) a self-inflicted gunshot wound
(d) an ambush
13. Which correspondent suffers a severe accident?
14. When does Operation Pegasus begin?
(a) April 1
(b) August 1
(c) January 1
(d) March 31
15. What news of Mayhew does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been sent home
(b) He is dead
(c) He has been stationed in Saigon
(d) He is also in China Beach
Short Answer Questions
1. How many writers does Herr estimate are in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive?
2. With which magazine is Karsten Prager associated?
3. How often do soldiers get to go to China Beach?
4. What sights upset Day Tripper?
5. What is the loud hammering Herr hears inside the Chinook helicopter?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)