|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Day Tripper and Mayhew's bunker located?
(a) Near the perimeter
(b) Between Khe Sanh and Langvei
(c) The stay in a Temple
(d) In the back of the base
2. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) Eighteen thousand dollars
(b) Eighteen hundred dollars
(c) Five thousand dollars
(d) A thousand dollars
3. What two things mark his visits with friends?
(a) Memories and Drugs
(b) Drugs and alcohol
(c) Longing and emptiness
(d) Marijuana use and Strange Dreams
4. How many writers does Herr estimate are in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive?
5. How often do soldiers get to go to China Beach?
(a) At least once during a 13-month tour
(b) Only if their CO recommends them
(c) Every month
(d) Every two weeks
6. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
(b) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
(c) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
(d) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
7. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(b) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
(c) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(d) Joint US Public Affairs Office
8. What is the General's response?
(a) He is calling in more troops
(b) He doubts the NVA can make such a manuver
(c) He wants the NVA to attack Khe Sanh
(d) He is pulling American troops out of Khe Sanh
9. Herr compares some of the reporters to what other profession?
(c) police officers
(d) movie stars
10. Where are the smaller bases built?
(a) Along the route to Saigon
(b) Along the route to Hue
(c) Along the route to Khe Sanh
(d) Along the route to My Lai
11. What are the two realities of the war?
(a) drugs and death
(b) What the Marines experience and what the officials report
(c) That the VC keep coming and death
(d) Death and battle
12. What did the NVA leave behind?
(a) Guns and ammunition
(b) Complete encampments
(c) Food supplies
(d) Abandoned packs and equipment
13. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is no good at his job
(b) That he is scared of the war
(c) That he is really a good soldier
(d) That he likes to tell lies
14. What is a Seabee?
(a) A construction battalion
(b) A Green Beret trained in aquatics
(c) The coast guard
(d) A Navy Seal
15. With which magazine is Karsten Prager associated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Page offered?
2. When does Operation Pegasus begin?
3. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
4. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
5. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)