|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herr calls war correspondents what?
(a) Pretend Soldiers
(b) War Heroes
(d) Those Crazy Guys who Cover the War
2. What are the two realities of the war?
(a) drugs and death
(b) Death and battle
(c) What the Marines experience and what the officials report
(d) That the VC keep coming and death
3. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
(a) He has been sent home
(b) He has been stationed in Saigon
(c) He is also in China Beach
(d) He is dead
4. Where are the smaller bases built?
(a) Along the route to Saigon
(b) Along the route to Khe Sanh
(c) Along the route to My Lai
(d) Along the route to Hue
5. What is the weapon that kills Mayhew?
(c) Land mine
(d) RPG (rocket-propelled grenade)
6. Where does Herr go following Khe Sanh?
(a) United States
(d) China Beach
7. What is the loud hammering Herr hears inside the Chinook helicopter?
(a) Bullets hitting the underside of the helicopter
(b) The propellors falling off
(c) The sound of bombs exploding in the air around the helicopter
(d) The gunfire issuing from the helicopter
8. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(b) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
(c) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(d) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
9. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
(a) North of Khe Sanh
(b) West of Hue
(c) North of Saigon
(d) South of Hanoi
10. Who is the reporter who earns respect by taking point during patrols?
(b) Dana Stone
11. The Special Forces man who kills one enemy and frees one prisoner is rewarded for killing how many and rescuing how many?
(a) Killing 14 and rescuing 6
(b) Killing 2 and rescuing 1
(c) Killing 1 and rescuing 5
(d) Killing 1 and rescuing 1
12. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
(a) Extra food
(c) His credentials
(d) Extra ammunition
13. What is the General's response?
(a) He doubts the NVA can make such a manuver
(b) He is pulling American troops out of Khe Sanh
(c) He wants the NVA to attack Khe Sanh
(d) He is calling in more troops
14. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
(a) Engage in training missions
(b) Resupply ammunition, weapons, and fuel supplies of other troops
(c) Work in rice fields
(d) Soak up the sun, take hot showers, eat hot food
15. With which general do Herr and Prager meet?
(a) General Thompson
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General North
(d) General Tompkins
Short Answer Questions
1. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
2. What is a Seabee?
3. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
4. What is an RPG?
5. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)