|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Pegasus
(b) Operation Eagle
(c) Operation Get Out Now
(d) Operation Winged-Horse
2. What does one correspondent ride through the middle of a battle?
(a) A tank
(b) An open top jeep
(c) A water buffalo
(d) A bicycle
3. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
(a) Two Marines from the 26th Company
(b) Dan Rather from CBS
(c) General Tompkins
(d) Robert McNamara
4. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
(a) Dana Stone
(b) Seann Flynn Page
(c) Colonel David Lownds
5. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
(b) One hundred
(c) Three hundred
(d) Five hundred
6. Which correspondent suffers a severe accident?
7. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
(a) Licks her face
(b) Asks her on a date
(c) Grabs her bottom
(d) Makes her cry
8. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
(a) North of Saigon
(b) North of Khe Sanh
(c) West of Hue
(d) South of Hanoi
9. What rock and roll artist does one soldier play during a firefight?
(a) The Beatles
(b) Elvis Presley
(c) Jimi Hendrix
(d) Buddy Holly
10. Where is Mayhew's friend recovering before returning to Khe Sanh?
(b) China Beach
11. Why does Seann Flynn not seem to fit in a combat zone?
(a) Because he is very small
(b) Because he is good looking
(c) Because Seann is a female
(d) Because he is young
12. Herr compares some of the reporters to what other profession?
(b) movie stars
(c) police officers
13. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
(a) Inn Good Company
(b) Hotel Company
(c) Motel Company
(d) Charlie Company
14. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
(a) A moonscape
(b) A beautiful painting
(c) A volcanic eruption
(d) A dead body
15. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
(a) They refuse to communicate with the press
(b) They tell the truth as painful as it may be
(c) They lie to make things appear better than they are
(d) They are congenial but evasive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herr talk about with a black Marine?
2. How long has the Special Forces at the EM Club been in Vietnam?
3. Although Herr keeps in contact with his friends and colleagues when he returns to the States, he feels what?
4. What news of Day Tripper does Herr receive at China Beach?
5. Herr calls war correspondents what?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)