|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) Five thousand dollars
(b) A thousand dollars
(c) Eighteen hundred dollars
(d) Eighteen thousand dollars
2. Where are Day Tripper and Mayhew from respectively?
(a) Kansas City and Atlanta
(b) Detroit and Kansas City
(c) Chicago and Detroit
(d) Detroit and New York City
3. How old is Page on his next birthday?
4. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(b) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(c) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
(d) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
5. Herr compares some of the reporters to what other profession?
(b) police officers
(c) movie stars
6. Who is the correspondent Herr travels with across the DMZ?
(a) Dana Stone
(b) Steven Miles
(c) Karsten Prager
(d) Seann Flynn
7. How does Herr find the conditions now in Khe Sanh?
(b) Greatly improved
(c) About the same
(d) No change
8. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Tell lies in their reports
(b) Shorten tours of duty
(c) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(d) Send gifts to the Marines
9. Who do Prager and Herr meet with?
(a) The leader of the NVA
(b) President Johnson
(c) They attend a press junket
(d) General Tompkins
10. What did the NVA leave behind?
(a) Abandoned packs and equipment
(b) Complete encampments
(c) Guns and ammunition
(d) Food supplies
11. What event occurs at the same time as the Khe Sanh battle?
(a) Herr's birthday
(b) The Beatles visit Saigon
(c) Page dies in battle
(d) The assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
12. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
(b) Danang Fever
(d) Strange dreams
13. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
(a) General Tompkins
(b) Dan Rather from CBS
(c) Two Marines from the 26th Company
(d) Robert McNamara
14. What is China Beach?
(a) A place where correspondents give press junkets
(b) A place for in-country R&R
(c) Another military base
(d) The head of military operations
15. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Winged-Horse
(b) Operation Eagle
(c) Operation Pegasus
(d) Operation Get Out Now
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
2. How long has the Special Forces at the EM Club been in Vietnam?
3. What is the unspoken fear Herr does not mention?
4. What do the NVA have that no one expected them to have?
5. What is the name of the 26th Marines company?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)