|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr believe about the press secretary at Khe Sanh?
(a) That he is no good at his job
(b) That he is really a good soldier
(c) That he likes to tell lies
(d) That he is scared of the war
2. Where are the smaller bases built?
(a) Along the route to My Lai
(b) Along the route to Hue
(c) Along the route to Khe Sanh
(d) Along the route to Saigon
3. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
(b) Extra food
(c) Extra ammunition
(d) His credentials
4. Herr calls war correspondents what?
(a) Those Crazy Guys who Cover the War
(c) Pretend Soldiers
(d) War Heroes
5. What does JUSPAO stand for?
(a) Joint US Publishing Affairs Organization
(b) Journalists from US Publishing Articles Overseas
(c) Joint US Public Affairs Office
(d) Joining United States Publishers Articles Overseas
6. What does the photographer witness soldiers doing with VC bodies?
(a) Lighting them on fire
(b) Hanging them from trees
(c) Dropping them out of a helicopter
(d) Burying them in a mass grave
7. Where is Mayhew's friend recovering before returning to Khe Sanh?
(c) China Beach
8. What is China Beach?
(a) Another military base
(b) A place for in-country R&R
(c) A place where correspondents give press junkets
(d) The head of military operations
9. With which newspaper is Peter Braestrup associated?
(a) Washington Post
(b) Boston Globe
(c) New York Times
(d) Philadelphia Enquirer
10. What does Herr suffer his first month back in America?
(c) Strange dreams
(d) Danang Fever
11. What question does Prager ask the General?
(a) How to win the war
(b) If they can have steak for dinner
(c) For extra troops at Khe Sanh
(d) What he would do if the NVA attack Khe Sanh and supporting bases at once
12. Who gets regular leave to China Beach?
(a) Good combat Marines
(b) The officers
(c) The Press Corps
(d) Wounded Marines
13. With which magazine is Karsten Prager associated?
14. What is a Seabee?
(a) A Navy Seal
(b) A Green Beret trained in aquatics
(c) A construction battalion
(d) The coast guard
15. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
(b) Dana Stone
(c) Colonel David Lownds
(d) Seann Flynn Page
Short Answer Questions
1. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
2. What does the NCO's friend do to their school teacher?
3. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
4. What does Davies' in-country wife do for a living?
5. How long has the Special Forces at the EM Club been in Vietnam?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)