|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
(b) He is killed in an ambush
(c) He does not know if he got out or not
(d) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
2. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
(a) South America
(b) The entire world
(d) The United States
3. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) From Vietnamese soldiers
(b) From their COs
(c) In the mountains
(d) At the PX
4. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) South Vietnamese guerillas
(b) NVA outcasts
(c) Reclusive and primitive
(d) City dwellers
5. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(b) Long Range Reporting Party
(c) Long Range Recruit Party
(d) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
6. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
(a) Buffalo patties
(b) Dried human ears
(c) Dog tags
7. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(a) An encouragement to the troops
(b) A political move
(d) An excuse for the Americans defeat
8. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
(a) Ten Thousand
(b) Twenty Thousand
(c) Forty Thousand
(d) Four Thosand
9. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
(a) To get home quickly
(b) To hit the floor quickly
(c) To know where to get drugs
(d) To learn how to fire a weapon properly
10. What tribes control the mountains?
(a) Groups of American refuge soldiers
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Montagnard
(d) The NVA
11. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) At China Beach
(b) In Saigon
(c) In the air
(d) On the ground
12. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
(a) One year
(b) Six months
(c) A month
(d) Two years
13. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
(a) Loss of Hearing
(b) COs do not tell them
(d) They do not care to live
14. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Page and Seann Flynn
(b) Flynn and Carter
(c) Page and Herman
(d) Flynn and Seann
15. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(d) Food rations
Short Answer Questions
1. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
2. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
3. What do the troops find in the city of Hue?
4. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
5. In what city is Herr's apartment?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)