|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) At the PX
(b) In the mountains
(c) From Vietnamese soldiers
(d) From their COs
2. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(b) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
(c) Long Range Recruit Party
(d) Long Range Reporting Party
3. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He is killed in an ambush
(b) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
(c) He does not know if he got out or not
(d) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
4. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The French
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Vietnamese
(d) The Americans
5. Where does the chapter's title come from?
(a) A propaganda slogan
(b) A saying soldiers paint on their helmets
(c) The nickname for the Tet Offensive
(d) A popular song
6. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are listed as VC
(b) They are listed as American
(c) They are not counted
(d) They are hung from trees
7. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
(a) Dead soldiers
(c) Crime and trash
8. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Flynn and Carter
(b) Page and Seann Flynn
(c) Page and Herman
(d) Flynn and Seann
9. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(c) West Nile
10. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
(a) Give them Heck
(b) Good Luck
(c) Break a Leg
(d) Good Job
11. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
(a) A soldier gone crazy
(b) Vietnamese civilians
(c) The VC
(d) The reporters
12. When did Dien Bien Phu occur?
13. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
14. What do men do to reduce glare?
(a) Wear sunglasses
(b) Use umbrellas
(c) Wear baseball caps under their helmets
(d) Paint their faces
15. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(d) Food rations
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of transport is the young marine awaiting?
2. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
3. What type of people are the Montagnards?
4. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
5. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)