Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(a) An encouragement to the troops
(b) A political move
(d) An excuse for the Americans defeat
2. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
(a) When a VC threatens him
(b) When another soldier makes him use a gun
(c) During the Tet Offensive
(d) When he is dared to shoot a water buffalo
3. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are listed as VC
(b) They are listed as American
(c) They are hung from trees
(d) They are not counted
4. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
(a) Remaining in Vietnam forever
(b) Going home
(c) Levelling the country
(d) Letting the NVA take over
5. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Reporting Party
(b) Long Range Recruit Party
(c) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(d) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
6. From where is the young marine departing?
(a) Khe Sanh
(b) My Lai
7. What is the name of the river by Hue?
(a) The River of Tears
(b) The Khe Sahn River
(c) The Perfume River
(d) The Euphrates
8. Many soldiers carry what to keep them safe?
(a) A knife in their boot
(b) An extra grenade
(c) Good luck charms
(d) A handgun
9. The brass declare what after the Tet Offensive?
(c) They are pulling out of the war
10. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
(b) Ho Chi Minh
(c) Dien Bien Phu
11. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
(a) He murdered a Vietnamese woman
(b) He was blinded by a grenade
(c) He saw half his company killed
(d) He was a POW
12. What does NVA stand for?
(a) North Vietnamese Army
(b) Northern Veterans Association
(c) Northern Vietnam Airways
(d) Nanking Vinh Army
13. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans
(c) The South Vietnamese
(d) Vietnamese civilians
14. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) In the Air
(b) In Saigon
(c) On land
(d) In the ground cover
15. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
(a) They do not care to live
(b) Loss of Hearing
(d) COs do not tell them
Short Answer Questions
1. Herr compares being in battle to what?
2. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
3. Where does Herr place Khe Sanh?
4. When was terrorism at its worst?
5. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)