|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Dak To battle take place?
(a) November 1967
(b) March 1967
(c) April 1971
(d) December 1954
2. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(d) A Vietnamese Cigar
3. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) There are more American troops than NVA
(b) The NVA will give up quickly
(c) The base sits on high ground
(d) The Americans are better prepared than the French
4. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
5. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
(a) An airfield in Kontum
(b) China Beach
(c) A hotel in Saigon
(d) A bunker in the jungle
6. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(a) West Nile
7. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
(a) Ia Drang
(c) Khe Sanh
8. When did the First Indochina War end?
9. Who do some American soldiers fight for?
(a) The French
(b) The Chinese
(c) The VC
(d) The Japanese
10. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
(a) One year
(b) Six months
(c) Two years
(d) A month
11. The NVA hold what building in Hue?
(a) The Citadel
(b) The Temple
(c) The US Embassy
(d) The national university
12. What does ARVN stand for?
(a) Armed Reconnaissance for Vietnam
(b) Army Reinforcements for Vietnam
(c) Armed Republic Vietnamese
(d) Army of the Repubic of Vietnam
13. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) South Vietnamese guerillas
(b) Reclusive and primitive
(c) City dwellers
(d) NVA outcasts
14. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The Montagnards
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Japanese
(d) The French
15. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
(a) In the gardens
(b) In the streets
(c) From the air
(d) In the bars
Short Answer Questions
1. When was terrorism at its worst?
2. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
3. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
4. What tribes control the mountains?
5. Which president declares that Khe Sanh cannot fall to the NVA?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)