|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
(a) To learn how to fire a weapon properly
(b) To hit the floor quickly
(c) To get home quickly
(d) To know where to get drugs
2. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
(a) Running them over with tanks
(b) By dropping them from helicopters
(c) By shooting them an extra time
(d) Dragging them from jeeps
3. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are not counted
(b) They are listed as American
(c) They are listed as VC
(d) They are hung from trees
4. Who is Seann Flynn's famous father?
(a) Steven Flynn
(b) The Flying Flynn
(c) Errol Flynn
(d) Flynn Page
5. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
(a) Major Trong
(b) Major Tonga
(c) Major Wong
(d) Captain Trong
6. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(c) Shell shock
7. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
(a) China Beach
(b) An airfield in Kontum
(c) A bunker in the jungle
(d) A hotel in Saigon
8. What happens to South Vietnamese at Hue?
(a) They are taken to POW camps
(b) They are given reprive to go home
(c) They are recruited by the Americans
(d) They are executed by NVA
9. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
(a) He is hit by mortar fire
(b) He is kicked in the nose by another soldier
(c) He is punched by Flynn
(d) He runs into a tree
10. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
11. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
(a) A high giggle
(b) He covers his mouth
(c) Loud snorts
(d) Like a hyena
12. What type of transport is the young marine awaiting?
(b) Green Berets
(d) Coast Guard
13. The VC conserves what?
(c) Weapon stores
14. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
(a) When he is dared to shoot a water buffalo
(b) When a VC threatens him
(c) During the Tet Offensive
(d) When another soldier makes him use a gun
15. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) The South Vietnamese
(b) The Americans
(c) Vietnamese civilians
(d) The French
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
2. Where is the enemy most effective?
3. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
4. What was once the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
5. What is another term for shell shock?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)