|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He does not know if he got out or not
(b) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
(c) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
(d) He is killed in an ambush
2. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(b) A Vietnamese Cigar
3. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
(b) South Vietnam
(c) The Pentagon
4. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
(a) July 4, 1965
(b) July 31, 1967
(c) January 31, 1969
(d) January 30,1968
5. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
(b) Rushes him to Medevac
(c) Takes his gun away
(d) Gives him a medal
6. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) At the PX
(b) In the mountains
(c) From their COs
(d) From Vietnamese soldiers
7. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) The South Vietnamese
(b) The Americans
(c) The French
(d) Vietnamese civilians
8. What do men do to reduce glare?
(a) Wear sunglasses
(b) Paint their faces
(c) Use umbrellas
(d) Wear baseball caps under their helmets
9. What was once the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
(c) Ho Chi Minh
(d) China Beach
10. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
(a) Levelling the country
(b) Going home
(c) Remaining in Vietnam forever
(d) Letting the NVA take over
11. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) City dwellers
(b) South Vietnamese guerillas
(c) Reclusive and primitive
(d) NVA outcasts
12. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The children playing near land mines
(b) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(c) The endless marches through jungles
(d) The My Lai massacre
13. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
(a) Heroin and Meth
(b) Amphetamines and depressants
(c) Dexedrine and Heroin
(d) Cocaine and Dexedrine
14. The Marines feel one of them is worth how many regular soldiers?
15. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
(a) When another soldier makes him use a gun
(b) When a VC threatens him
(c) During the Tet Offensive
(d) When he is dared to shoot a water buffalo
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
2. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
3. What tribes control the mountains?
4. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
5. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)