|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) Vietnamese civilians
(b) The French
(c) The South Vietnamese
(d) The Americans
2. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
(a) Ten Thousand
(b) Forty Thousand
(c) Four Thosand
(d) Twenty Thousand
3. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
(a) He is punched by Flynn
(b) He runs into a tree
(c) He is hit by mortar fire
(d) He is kicked in the nose by another soldier
4. When is Herr in Vietnam?
(a) 1963 -1965
(b) 1965 -1967
(c) 1967 - 1969
(d) 1967 - 1968
5. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(a) A Vietnamese Cigar
6. Who says he is now emperor?
(a) Ho Chi Minh
(b) Major Tra Wahn
(c) Khe Sahn
(d) Major Trong
7. When is the Khe Sanh Combat Base started?
8. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
(b) He does not know if he got out or not
(c) He is killed in an ambush
(d) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
9. From where is the young marine departing?
(b) My Lai
(d) Khe Sanh
10. What does ARVN stand for?
(a) Army Reinforcements for Vietnam
(b) Armed Reconnaissance for Vietnam
(c) Army of the Repubic of Vietnam
(d) Armed Republic Vietnamese
11. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
(a) To know where to get drugs
(b) To learn how to fire a weapon properly
(c) To get home quickly
(d) To hit the floor quickly
12. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) From Vietnamese soldiers
(b) From their COs
(c) At the PX
(d) In the mountains
13. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) Reclusive and primitive
(b) City dwellers
(c) South Vietnamese guerillas
(d) NVA outcasts
14. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(b) Food rations
15. Who fires on the soldiers Herr travels with?
(a) The NVA
(b) A US boat
(c) Vietnamese citizens
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
2. When was terrorism at its worst?
3. What is the trick to survival?
4. What do men do to reduce glare?
5. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)