|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
(a) Dien Bien Phu
(b) Ho Chi Minh
2. The Marines feel one of them is worth how many regular soldiers?
3. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) NVA outcasts
(b) Reclusive and primitive
(c) South Vietnamese guerillas
(d) City dwellers
4. The soldiers feel that the actual death count is closer to how many times the official count?
(a) ten times
(b) the official count is correct
(c) two times
(d) three to four times
5. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
(b) The entire world
(c) South America
(d) The United States
6. What was once the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
(b) China Beach
(c) Ho Chi Minh
7. What is the trick to survival?
(a) Keep your head low
(b) Stay put
(c) Listen to your commander
(d) Always keep moving
8. The brass declare what after the Tet Offensive?
(d) They are pulling out of the war
9. Where does Herr place Khe Sanh?
(a) In I Corps
(b) Just outside the DMZ
(c) In the delta
(d) On top of the piedmont
10. Who says he is now emperor?
(a) Major Tra Wahn
(b) Ho Chi Minh
(c) Khe Sahn
(d) Major Trong
11. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) In the ground cover
(b) In Saigon
(c) On land
(d) In the Air
12. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Flynn and Seann
(b) Page and Seann Flynn
(c) Page and Herman
(d) Flynn and Carter
13. When do NVA troops begin building up around the Khe Sanh base?
14. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The NVA will give up quickly
(b) The base sits on high ground
(c) There are more American troops than NVA
(d) The Americans are better prepared than the French
15. The dreams of the soldiers become what?
(a) Physical battles
Short Answer Questions
1. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
2. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
3. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
4. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
5. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)