|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
(a) Vietnamese civilians
(b) A soldier gone crazy
(c) The VC
(d) The reporters
2. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
3. Who is Seann Flynn's famous father?
(a) Flynn Page
(b) Errol Flynn
(c) Steven Flynn
(d) The Flying Flynn
4. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(b) The My Lai massacre
(c) The endless marches through jungles
(d) The children playing near land mines
5. What is another term for shell shock?
(a) veteran's disease
(b) acute envronmental reaction
(d) post traumatic stress disorder
6. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(b) West Nile
7. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
(a) Gives him a medal
(b) Rushes him to Medevac
(d) Takes his gun away
8. What is the trick to survival?
(a) Listen to your commander
(b) Stay put
(c) Always keep moving
(d) Keep your head low
9. What geographical area is close to Khe Sanh and is dangerous even without the war?
(a) The lowlands
(b) The plains
(c) The highlands
(d) The delta
10. What does Herr call a company of soldiers returning from battle?
(a) Vietnams heroes
(b) Baby killers
(c) A colony of stroke victims
(d) Far from heroic
11. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
(b) The Pentagon
(d) South Vietnam
12. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
(a) Levelling the country
(b) Remaining in Vietnam forever
(c) Going home
(d) Letting the NVA take over
13. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans
(c) Vietnamese civilians
(d) The South Vietnamese
14. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(b) A Vietnamese Cigar
15. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Recruit Party
(b) Long Range Reporting Party
(c) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(d) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
Short Answer Questions
1. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
2. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
3. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
4. What do men do to reduce glare?
5. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)