|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
(a) South America
(c) The entire world
(d) The United States
2. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) At China Beach
(b) On the ground
(c) In Saigon
(d) In the air
3. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
(a) In the bars
(b) From the air
(c) In the streets
(d) In the gardens
4. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
(a) Shock and Repulsion
(b) Shock and fascination
(c) Repulsion and fascination
(d) Fascination and Horror
5. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
6. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(d) Shell shock
7. What do the troops find in the city of Hue?
(a) Thousands of dead bodies
(b) Fresh replacement troops from America
(c) A deserted city
(d) A large company of NVA troops
8. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) From Vietnamese soldiers
(b) From their COs
(c) In the mountains
(d) At the PX
9. What geographical area is close to Khe Sanh and is dangerous even without the war?
(a) The lowlands
(b) The plains
(c) The delta
(d) The highlands
10. The soldiers feel that the actual death count is closer to how many times the official count?
(a) two times
(b) three to four times
(c) the official count is correct
(d) ten times
11. What is another term for shell shock?
(a) acute envronmental reaction
(c) post traumatic stress disorder
(d) veteran's disease
12. Which president declares that Khe Sanh cannot fall to the NVA?
(b) Lyndon Johnson
13. Who says he is now emperor?
(a) Major Trong
(b) Khe Sahn
(c) Ho Chi Minh
(d) Major Tra Wahn
14. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
(a) Dog tags
(b) Buffalo patties
(c) Dried human ears
15. What are the four geographical areas of Vietnam?
(a) north, south, east, west
(b) delta, flats, piedmont, highlands
(c) delta, rivers, mountains, plains
(d) plains, piedmont, mountains, lowlands
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
2. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
3. What was once the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
4. What type of transport is the young marine awaiting?
5. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)