|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
(b) Getting shot at
(c) Going back to America
(d) Wearing their dog tags
2. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
(a) Forty Thousand
(b) Twenty Thousand
(c) Four Thosand
(d) Ten Thousand
3. What does Herr call a company of soldiers returning from battle?
(a) Vietnams heroes
(b) Baby killers
(c) A colony of stroke victims
(d) Far from heroic
4. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are listed as American
(b) They are listed as VC
(c) They are hung from trees
(d) They are not counted
5. What does NVA stand for?
(a) Northern Vietnam Airways
(b) Northern Veterans Association
(c) North Vietnamese Army
(d) Nanking Vinh Army
6. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) On land
(b) In Saigon
(c) In the Air
(d) In the ground cover
7. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
8. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
(a) Jeans, a tie-dye t-shirt and flip flops
(b) New fatigues
(c) Combat boots, shorts and a flack jacket
(d) Shorts and a Hawaiin shirt
9. What does ARVN stand for?
(a) Army of the Repubic of Vietnam
(b) Armed Reconnaissance for Vietnam
(c) Armed Republic Vietnamese
(d) Army Reinforcements for Vietnam
10. What is a TAOR?
(a) Tactical Base of Responsiblity
(b) Tactics Armory of Reconnaissance
(c) Training And Ovation Response
(d) Tactical Army of Response
11. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
(b) Rushes him to Medevac
(c) Gives him a medal
(d) Takes his gun away
12. What do men do to reduce glare?
(a) Paint their faces
(b) Use umbrellas
(c) Wear baseball caps under their helmets
(d) Wear sunglasses
13. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(c) A Vietnamese Cigar
14. What is the name of the river by Hue?
(a) The Euphrates
(b) The Khe Sahn River
(c) The Perfume River
(d) The River of Tears
15. When did the First Indochina War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
2. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
3. What is the term for the condition which affects many soldiers experiencing terrible events in war?
4. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
5. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)