|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
2. Who do some American soldiers fight for?
(a) The VC
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Japanese
(d) The French
3. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
(a) Remaining in Vietnam forever
(b) Letting the NVA take over
(c) Going home
(d) Levelling the country
4. What is a LRRP?
(a) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
(b) Long Range Reporting Party
(c) Long Range Recruit Party
(d) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
5. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The Chinese
(b) The Americans
(c) The French
(d) The Vietnamese
6. When do NVA troops begin building up around the Khe Sanh base?
7. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
(a) Major Wong
(b) Captain Trong
(c) Major Trong
(d) Major Tonga
8. The NVA hold what building in Hue?
(a) The US Embassy
(b) The national university
(c) The Citadel
(d) The Temple
9. What does NVA stand for?
(a) Northern Vietnam Airways
(b) Nanking Vinh Army
(c) Northern Veterans Association
(d) North Vietnamese Army
10. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
(a) He saw half his company killed
(b) He was a POW
(c) He murdered a Vietnamese woman
(d) He was blinded by a grenade
11. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(a) A Vietnamese Cigar
12. When did Dien Bien Phu occur?
13. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) In Saigon
(b) On the ground
(c) In the air
(d) At China Beach
14. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
(a) Dien Bien Phu
(d) Ho Chi Minh
15. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
(a) Not having enough food
(b) Underestimating the enemy
(c) Not calling for reinforcements
(d) Not bringing enough ammunition
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
2. Herr compares being in battle to what?
3. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
4. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
5. For how many miles does the front at Dak To stretch?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)