|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
(a) Dead soldiers
(d) Crime and trash
2. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
(a) July 31, 1967
(b) January 30,1968
(c) July 4, 1965
(d) January 31, 1969
3. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(c) West Nile
4. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Page and Seann Flynn
(b) Flynn and Seann
(c) Flynn and Carter
(d) Page and Herman
5. Where does the chapter's title come from?
(a) A saying soldiers paint on their helmets
(b) The nickname for the Tet Offensive
(c) A propaganda slogan
(d) A popular song
6. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
(a) Good Job
(b) Give them Heck
(c) Break a Leg
(d) Good Luck
7. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
(a) By dropping them from helicopters
(b) By shooting them an extra time
(c) Running them over with tanks
(d) Dragging them from jeeps
8. The VC conserves what?
(b) Weapon stores
9. The brass declare what after the Tet Offensive?
(d) They are pulling out of the war
10. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
(a) A hotel in Saigon
(b) A bunker in the jungle
(c) China Beach
(d) An airfield in Kontum
11. What is the name of the river by Hue?
(a) The Perfume River
(b) The Khe Sahn River
(c) The Euphrates
(d) The River of Tears
12. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The children playing near land mines
(b) The My Lai massacre
(c) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(d) The endless marches through jungles
13. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
14. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
(a) The Pentagon
(d) South Vietnam
15. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
(a) They do not care to live
(b) Loss of Hearing
(d) COs do not tell them
Short Answer Questions
1. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
2. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
3. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
4. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
5. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)