|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dreams of the soldiers become what?
(a) Physical battles
2. What is a TAOR?
(a) Tactics Armory of Reconnaissance
(b) Tactical Base of Responsiblity
(c) Training And Ovation Response
(d) Tactical Army of Response
3. What happens to South Vietnamese at Hue?
(a) They are recruited by the Americans
(b) They are executed by NVA
(c) They are taken to POW camps
(d) They are given reprive to go home
4. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(b) The endless marches through jungles
(c) The children playing near land mines
(d) The My Lai massacre
5. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
(a) Give them Heck
(b) Good Job
(c) Break a Leg
(d) Good Luck
6. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The Chinese
(b) The French
(c) The Montagnards
(d) The Japanese
7. What is another term for shell shock?
(a) post traumatic stress disorder
(b) acute envronmental reaction
(c) veteran's disease
8. Herr compares being in battle to what?
(a) Running with the bulls
(b) Driving a racecar
(c) Riding a roller coaster
(d) The Alamo
9. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(b) Food rations
10. What is the trick to survival?
(a) Keep your head low
(b) Stay put
(c) Listen to your commander
(d) Always keep moving
11. Who do the Montagnards hated?
(a) The French
(b) The South and North Vietnamese
(c) The Chinese
(d) The Americans
12. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
(a) I Corps, II Corps, III Corps, IV Corps
(b) I Corps, DMZ, Cam Ranh Bay, Saigon
(c) DMZ, Eye Corps, Mountains, Delta
(d) Saigon, China Beach, Khe Sanh, Ho Chi Minh
13. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
(a) COs do not tell them
(c) They do not care to live
(d) Loss of Hearing
14. What is booby trapped with a grenade?
(a) A tent door
(b) A tank
(c) A latrine
(d) A helmet
15. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(c) West Nile
Short Answer Questions
1. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
2. From where is the young marine departing?
3. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
4. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
5. Who do some American soldiers fight for?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)