|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No soldier would want to return home with this.
(b) Lost limbs
(d) Shell shock
2. What does NVA stand for?
(a) North Vietnamese Army
(b) Nanking Vinh Army
(c) Northern Vietnam Airways
(d) Northern Veterans Association
3. What is a LRRP?
(a) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
(b) Long Range Recruit Party
(c) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(d) Long Range Reporting Party
4. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
5. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The children playing near land mines
(b) The endless marches through jungles
(c) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(d) The My Lai massacre
6. What was once the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
(c) Ho Chi Minh
(d) China Beach
7. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
(a) Not having enough food
(b) Underestimating the enemy
(c) Not calling for reinforcements
(d) Not bringing enough ammunition
8. The VC conserves what?
(d) Weapon stores
9. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
(a) In the gardens
(b) In the streets
(c) In the bars
(d) From the air
10. What is a TAOR?
(a) Training And Ovation Response
(b) Tactical Base of Responsiblity
(c) Tactical Army of Response
(d) Tactics Armory of Reconnaissance
11. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
(a) January 31, 1969
(b) July 31, 1967
(c) January 30,1968
(d) July 4, 1965
12. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) Vietnamese civilians
(b) The Americans
(c) The French
(d) The South Vietnamese
13. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
(a) He was blinded by a grenade
(b) He was a POW
(c) He saw half his company killed
(d) He murdered a Vietnamese woman
14. What is the trick to survival?
(a) Always keep moving
(b) Keep your head low
(c) Stay put
(d) Listen to your commander
15. Many soldiers carry what to keep them safe?
(a) Good luck charms
(b) An extra grenade
(c) A handgun
(d) A knife in their boot
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
2. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
3. What do men do to reduce glare?
4. Where is the enemy most effective?
5. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)