|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are listed as American
(b) They are not counted
(c) They are hung from trees
(d) They are listed as VC
2. The soldiers feel that the actual death count is closer to how many times the official count?
(a) the official count is correct
(b) three to four times
(c) two times
(d) ten times
3. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(d) Shell shock
4. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(a) An encouragement to the troops
(b) A political move
(d) An excuse for the Americans defeat
5. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
(a) At the PX
(b) From their COs
(c) In the mountains
(d) From Vietnamese soldiers
6. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
(a) In the bars
(b) In the streets
(c) From the air
(d) In the gardens
7. When did the First Indochina War end?
8. Who fires on the soldiers Herr travels with?
(a) The NVA
(c) Vietnamese citizens
(d) A US boat
9. What is a LRRP?
(a) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
(b) Long Range Recruit Party
(c) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(d) Long Range Reporting Party
10. What does ARVN stand for?
(a) Army of the Repubic of Vietnam
(b) Armed Republic Vietnamese
(c) Army Reinforcements for Vietnam
(d) Armed Reconnaissance for Vietnam
11. From where is the young marine departing?
(b) My Lai
(c) Khe Sanh
12. Which president declares that Khe Sanh cannot fall to the NVA?
(c) Lyndon Johnson
13. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
(a) By dropping them from helicopters
(b) By shooting them an extra time
(c) Running them over with tanks
(d) Dragging them from jeeps
14. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
15. No soldier would want to return home with this.
(b) Lost limbs
(d) Shell shock
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
2. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
3. What are the four geographical areas of Vietnam?
4. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
5. When does the Dak To battle take place?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)