|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers feel that the actual death count is closer to how many times the official count?
(a) ten times
(b) the official count is correct
(c) two times
(d) three to four times
2. When is the Khe Sanh Combat Base started?
3. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
(a) When a VC threatens him
(b) During the Tet Offensive
(c) When he is dared to shoot a water buffalo
(d) When another soldier makes him use a gun
4. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
(a) Remaining in Vietnam forever
(b) Going home
(c) Levelling the country
(d) Letting the NVA take over
5. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
(a) Vietnamese civilians
(b) The reporters
(c) A soldier gone crazy
(d) The VC
6. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
7. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
(b) Khe Sanh
(c) Ia Drang
8. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(a) An excuse for the Americans defeat
(c) A political move
(d) An encouragement to the troops
9. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
(a) Heroin and Meth
(b) Amphetamines and depressants
(c) Dexedrine and Heroin
(d) Cocaine and Dexedrine
10. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The My Lai massacre
(b) The children playing near land mines
(c) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(d) The endless marches through jungles
11. What is a LRRP?
(a) Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol
(b) Long Range Reporting Party
(c) Long Range Recruit Party
(d) Last Roving Reporting Patrol
12. Where is Herr working as a war correspondent?
(a) South Vietnam
(b) The Pentagon
13. The NVA hold what building in Hue?
(a) The Citadel
(b) The national university
(c) The US Embassy
(d) The Temple
14. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
(a) Underestimating the enemy
(b) Not bringing enough ammunition
(c) Not having enough food
(d) Not calling for reinforcements
15. Who says he is now emperor?
(a) Ho Chi Minh
(b) Major Trong
(c) Khe Sahn
(d) Major Tra Wahn
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people are the Montagnards?
2. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
3. When does the Dak To battle take place?
4. What is booby trapped with a grenade?
5. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)