|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(c) Food rations
2. What type of transport is the young marine awaiting?
(a) Coast Guard
(b) Green Berets
3. When did Dien Bien Phu occur?
4. What was once the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
(b) China Beach
(d) Ho Chi Minh
5. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
(a) Major Wong
(b) Major Trong
(c) Captain Trong
(d) Major Tonga
6. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
(a) Two years
(b) Six months
(c) One year
(d) A month
7. When do NVA troops begin building up around the Khe Sanh base?
8. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
(a) Rushes him to Medevac
(b) Takes his gun away
(c) Gives him a medal
9. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
(a) He is punched by Flynn
(b) He is hit by mortar fire
(c) He is kicked in the nose by another soldier
(d) He runs into a tree
10. What happens to South Vietnamese at Hue?
(a) They are given reprive to go home
(b) They are recruited by the Americans
(c) They are taken to POW camps
(d) They are executed by NVA
11. There are eight thousand American troops facing how many NVA troops?
(a) Forty Thousand
(b) Ten Thousand
(c) Twenty Thousand
(d) Four Thosand
12. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
13. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
(a) He was a POW
(b) He murdered a Vietnamese woman
(c) He saw half his company killed
(d) He was blinded by a grenade
14. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
(a) South America
(c) The entire world
(d) The United States
15. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(b) West Nile
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Montagnards hated?
2. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
3. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
4. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
5. How do soldiers ensure the enemy is dead?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)