|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(b) An encouragement to the troops
(c) An excuse for the Americans defeat
(d) A political move
2. Who fights with the Montagnards against the NVA?
(a) The Americans
(b) Vietnamese civilians
(c) The South Vietnamese
(d) The French
3. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(c) West Nile
4. What is the term for the condition which affects many soldiers experiencing terrible events in war?
(a) Veteran's disease
(b) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
(d) Shell Shock
5. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Page and Herman
(b) Page and Seann Flynn
(c) Flynn and Seann
(d) Flynn and Carter
6. What type of people are the Montagnards?
(a) City dwellers
(b) Reclusive and primitive
(c) NVA outcasts
(d) South Vietnamese guerillas
7. Who says he is now emperor?
(a) Ho Chi Minh
(b) Khe Sahn
(c) Major Trong
(d) Major Tra Wahn
8. Where does Herr place Khe Sanh?
(a) On top of the piedmont
(b) In the delta
(c) In I Corps
(d) Just outside the DMZ
9. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
(a) A hotel in Saigon
(b) A bunker in the jungle
(c) China Beach
(d) An airfield in Kontum
10. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
(a) Dog tags
(b) Buffalo patties
(c) Dried human ears
11. What does NVA stand for?
(a) Northern Veterans Association
(b) Nanking Vinh Army
(c) Northern Vietnam Airways
(d) North Vietnamese Army
12. For how many miles does the front at Dak To stretch?
13. When did the First Indochina War end?
14. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
(d) A Vietnamese Cigar
15. The Marines feel one of them is worth how many regular soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
2. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
3. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
4. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
5. When is Herr in Vietnam?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)