|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many soldiers carry what to keep them safe?
(a) A handgun
(b) An extra grenade
(c) A knife in their boot
(d) Good luck charms
2. Who do the Montagnards hated?
(a) The Americans
(b) The Chinese
(c) The South and North Vietnamese
(d) The French
3. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(b) West Nile
4. What does ARVN stand for?
(a) Armed Reconnaissance for Vietnam
(b) Army of the Repubic of Vietnam
(c) Army Reinforcements for Vietnam
(d) Armed Republic Vietnamese
5. Who set the booby trap on the latrine?
(a) A soldier gone crazy
(b) The VC
(c) The reporters
(d) Vietnamese civilians
6. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
(a) Rushes him to Medevac
(b) Takes his gun away
(d) Gives him a medal
7. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(a) Food rations
8. From where is the young marine departing?
(a) Khe Sanh
(b) My Lai
9. What are the four geographical areas of Vietnam?
(a) delta, rivers, mountains, plains
(b) north, south, east, west
(c) delta, flats, piedmont, highlands
(d) plains, piedmont, mountains, lowlands
10. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
(a) Levelling the country
(b) Remaining in Vietnam forever
(c) Going home
(d) Letting the NVA take over
11. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
(a) Like a hyena
(b) A high giggle
(c) Loud snorts
(d) He covers his mouth
12. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Flynn and Seann
(b) Flynn and Carter
(c) Page and Herman
(d) Page and Seann Flynn
13. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
(b) Crime and trash
(d) Dead soldiers
14. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
(a) Captain Trong
(b) Major Tonga
(c) Major Trong
(d) Major Wong
15. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The French
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Japanese
(d) The Montagnards
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
2. Herr compares being in battle to what?
3. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
4. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
5. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)