|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jungle disease takes down many strong men?
(c) West Nile
2. Who fires on the soldiers Herr travels with?
(a) The NVA
(b) Vietnamese citizens
(d) A US boat
3. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
(a) Ia Drang
(d) Khe Sanh
4. When was terrorism at its worst?
(b) 1963 - 1965
(d) 1965 -1973
5. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
(a) Loss of Hearing
(b) They do not care to live
(d) COs do not tell them
6. When do NVA troops begin building up around the Khe Sanh base?
7. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The base sits on high ground
(b) There are more American troops than NVA
(c) The NVA will give up quickly
(d) The Americans are better prepared than the French
8. Where are the Americans best at fighting?
(a) In the Air
(b) In Saigon
(c) On land
(d) In the ground cover
9. Who fought the Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The Japanese
(b) The Chinese
(c) The Montagnards
(d) The French
10. What do the soldiers trade for the marijuana?
(c) Food rations
11. When does the Dak To battle take place?
(a) December 1954
(b) November 1967
(c) April 1971
(d) March 1967
12. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
(a) When he is dared to shoot a water buffalo
(b) When another soldier makes him use a gun
(c) During the Tet Offensive
(d) When a VC threatens him
13. What two kinds of drugs do the soldiers turn to?
(a) Dexedrine and Heroin
(b) Amphetamines and depressants
(c) Heroin and Meth
(d) Cocaine and Dexedrine
14. Who does Herr tour a palace with?
(a) Major Trong
(b) Captain Trong
(c) Major Tonga
(d) Major Wong
15. What two emotions does Herr feel looking at pictures of dead people?
(a) Shock and Repulsion
(b) Fascination and Horror
(c) Repulsion and fascination
(d) Shock and fascination
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
2. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
3. The NVA hold what building in Hue?
4. Where does Saigon look beautiful?
5. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)