|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Breathing Out.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Shorten tours of duty
(b) Send gifts to the Marines
(c) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(d) Tell lies in their reports
2. What happens to bodies that cannot be positively identified?
(a) They are listed as VC
(b) They are hung from trees
(c) They are listed as American
(d) They are not counted
3. What does the photographer witness soldiers doing with VC bodies?
(a) Burying them in a mass grave
(b) Dropping them out of a helicopter
(c) Hanging them from trees
(d) Lighting them on fire
4. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
(a) Underestimating the enemy
(b) Not bringing enough ammunition
(c) Not having enough food
(d) Not calling for reinforcements
5. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The Vietnamese
(b) The Americans
(c) The French
(d) The Chinese
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
2. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
3. When did the First Indochina War end?
4. What battles take place in 1965 that cost numerous American lives?
5. Which president declares that Khe Sanh cannot fall to the NVA?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)