|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part I Colleagues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recognizes Herr at China Beach?
(a) Dan Rather from CBS
(b) Robert McNamara
(c) Two Marines from the 26th Company
(d) General Tompkins
2. Where does the chapter's title come from?
(a) A propaganda slogan
(b) A popular song
(c) The nickname for the Tet Offensive
(d) A saying soldiers paint on their helmets
3. What rock and roll artist does one soldier play during a firefight?
(a) The Beatles
(b) Jimi Hendrix
(c) Buddy Holly
(d) Elvis Presley
4. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
(a) Getting shot at
(b) Going back to America
(d) Wearing their dog tags
5. What do Red Cross nurses offer soldiers returning from battle?
(b) A hot bath
(c) A night in town
(d) A beer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
2. Where does the Cav build a sprawling base?
3. Reporters compare the Khe Sanh base to what other military conflict?
4. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
5. How does Herr find the conditions now in Khe Sanh?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)