|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part I Colleagues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
(a) Eighteen thousand dollars
(b) Eighteen hundred dollars
(c) Five thousand dollars
(d) A thousand dollars
2. Why do the men hear continuous machine gun fire at night?
(a) A water buffalo ran into the gun and knocked it down
(b) An American soldier went crazy and is spraying the base
(c) They are suffering dreams from smoking marijuana
(d) An NVA is stuck on the wire around the base
3. What geographical area is close to Khe Sanh and is dangerous even without the war?
(a) The highlands
(b) The plains
(c) The delta
(d) The lowlands
4. Where is the enemy most effective?
(a) In the air
(b) On the ground
(c) In Saigon
(d) At China Beach
5. Who is Seann Flynn's famous father?
(a) Flynn Page
(b) Steven Flynn
(c) The Flying Flynn
(d) Errol Flynn
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
2. Where does the chapter's title come from?
3. What does Herr choose not to carry with him that many other reporters carry?
4. Why does Seann Flynn not seem to fit in a combat zone?
5. What battle occurs at the same time as the siege at Khe Sanh?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)