|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part I Colleagues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
(a) To meet Seann Flynn
(b) To visit a foreign country
(c) To do his duty to his country
(d) To further his career
2. What does Herr talk about with a black Marine?
(a) The accuracy of press coverage
(b) The end of the war
(c) The drug culture among marines
(d) The assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. What geographical area is close to Khe Sanh and is dangerous even without the war?
(a) The lowlands
(b) The delta
(c) The highlands
(d) The plains
4. What is the name of the river by Hue?
(a) The Khe Sahn River
(b) The Euphrates
(c) The Perfume River
(d) The River of Tears
5. What rock and roll artist does one soldier play during a firefight?
(a) Elvis Presley
(b) Buddy Holly
(c) The Beatles
(d) Jimi Hendrix
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
2. How much money does one official say a dead Marine costs?
3. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
4. Herr compares the landscape around Khe Sanh to what?
5. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)