|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part I Colleagues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ARVN stand for?
(a) Army of the Repubic of Vietnam
(b) Army Reinforcements for Vietnam
(c) Armed Reconnaissance for Vietnam
(d) Armed Republic Vietnamese
2. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
(a) Tell lies in their reports
(b) Give monthly R&R passes to soldiers
(c) Send gifts to the Marines
(d) Shorten tours of duty
3. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
(b) One hundred
(c) Three hundred
(d) Five hundred
4. Why don't the soldiers accept the coffee?
(a) They are too battle-weary
(b) They do not drink coffee
(c) They are ordered not to stop
(d) They do not hear the women
5. What do most of the soldiers try to avoid in one way or another?
(a) Getting shot at
(b) Going back to America
(c) Wearing their dog tags
Short Answer Questions
1. With which newspaper is Peter Braestrup associated?
2. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
3. When does Herr finally take up a weapon?
4. What is the name of the river by Hue?
5. What does Herr call a company of soldiers returning from battle?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)