|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Postscript: China Beach—Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is the young marine departing?
(a) Khe Sanh
(b) My Lai
2. Why does the young marine not show any mirth in his smile?
(a) He saw half his company killed
(b) He was a POW
(c) He was blinded by a grenade
(d) He murdered a Vietnamese woman
3. What are the streets of Saigon full of?
(b) Crime and trash
(d) Dead soldiers
4. What are the names the military gives to the geographical areas of Vietnam?
(a) Saigon, China Beach, Khe Sanh, Ho Chi Minh
(b) DMZ, Eye Corps, Mountains, Delta
(c) I Corps, DMZ, Cam Ranh Bay, Saigon
(d) I Corps, II Corps, III Corps, IV Corps
5. What are the four geographical areas of Vietnam?
(a) north, south, east, west
(b) delta, flats, piedmont, highlands
(c) plains, piedmont, mountains, lowlands
(d) delta, rivers, mountains, plains
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the Marines finally leave Khe Sanh?
2. How many times does the young marine miss his transport?
3. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
4. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
5. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)