|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Postscript: China Beach—Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the chapter's title come from?
(a) The nickname for the Tet Offensive
(b) A popular song
(c) A propaganda slogan
(d) A saying soldiers paint on their helmets
2. What is the official death toll for Ia Drang listed at?
3. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
(a) To get home quickly
(b) To learn how to fire a weapon properly
(c) To know where to get drugs
(d) To hit the floor quickly
4. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
(a) To further his career
(b) To meet Seann Flynn
(c) To visit a foreign country
(d) To do his duty to his country
5. What is the name of the river by Hue?
(a) The Euphrates
(b) The Khe Sahn River
(c) The River of Tears
(d) The Perfume River
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
2. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
3. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
4. What dissolves among American soldiers after Ia Drang?
5. When did the First Indochina War end?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)