|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Postscript: China Beach—Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers feel that the actual death count is closer to how many times the official count?
(a) two times
(b) three to four times
(c) the official count is correct
(d) ten times
2. When is the Khe Sanh Combat Base started?
3. What sights upset Day Tripper?
(a) The NVA soldiers hanging on the wire fence
(c) Mayhew losing a leg
(d) Piles of dead Vietnamese
4. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
(a) They lie to make things appear better than they are
(b) They refuse to communicate with the press
(c) They tell the truth as painful as it may be
(d) They are congenial but evasive
5. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
(a) The French
(b) The Americans
(c) The Chinese
(d) The Vietnamese
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one veteran correspondent say is the most useful thing to know in Vietnam?
2. What does ARVN stand for?
3. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
4. What do men do to reduce glare?
5. For how many miles does the front at Dak To stretch?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)