|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Postscript: China Beach—Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the chapter's title come from?
(a) A popular song
(b) A propaganda slogan
(c) A saying soldiers paint on their helmets
(d) The nickname for the Tet Offensive
2. Which president declares that Khe Sanh cannot fall to the NVA?
(b) Lyndon Johnson
3. Who gets regular leave to China Beach?
(a) Wounded Marines
(b) The officers
(c) Good combat Marines
(d) The Press Corps
4. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
(a) Work in rice fields
(b) Engage in training missions
(c) Soak up the sun, take hot showers, eat hot food
(d) Resupply ammunition, weapons, and fuel supplies of other troops
5. What is the name of the relief operation at Khe Sanh?
(a) Operation Get Out Now
(b) Operation Eagle
(c) Operation Winged-Horse
(d) Operation Pegasus
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
2. From where is the young marine departing?
3. With which magazine is Karsten Prager associated?
4. What is an RPG?
5. What event occurs at the same time as the Khe Sanh battle?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)