|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Postscript: China Beach—Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers do in China Beach?
(a) Engage in training missions
(b) Resupply ammunition, weapons, and fuel supplies of other troops
(c) Soak up the sun, take hot showers, eat hot food
(d) Work in rice fields
2. What do the Marines find in the hills once occupied by the NVA?
(a) That they left in a hurry leaving their packs behind
(b) That the NVA were not as numerous as believed
(c) That the NVA had mass weapon caches in the hills
(d) That the NVA are still hiding in spider holes
3. No soldier would want to return home with this.
(a) Shell shock
(d) Lost limbs
4. What did the NVA leave behind?
(a) Complete encampments
(b) Abandoned packs and equipment
(c) Food supplies
(d) Guns and ammunition
5. Where does Herr go following Khe Sanh?
(b) United States
(d) China Beach
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
2. What type of transport is the young marine awaiting?
3. What news of Mayhew does Herr receive at China Beach?
4. How many meters separate the bunkers and the NVA trenches?
5. Where do the American soldiers get marijuana?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)