|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part III Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herr encounters a soldier with a bag full of what?
(a) Buffalo patties
(b) Dog tags
(c) Dried human ears
2. Herr compares being in battle to what?
(a) Driving a racecar
(b) Riding a roller coaster
(c) The Alamo
(d) Running with the bulls
3. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) There are more American troops than NVA
(b) The NVA will give up quickly
(c) The base sits on high ground
(d) The Americans are better prepared than the French
4. The soldiers feel that the actual death count is closer to how many times the official count?
(a) two times
(b) ten times
(c) the official count is correct
(d) three to four times
5. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The endless marches through jungles
(b) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(c) The children playing near land mines
(d) The My Lai massacre
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says he is now emperor?
2. Who do some American soldiers fight for?
3. What phrase is used even though most soldiers don't mean it?
4. What does Herr smoke before sleeping that causes him to have strange dreams?
5. What does Herr say is the reason he came to Vietnam?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)