|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part III Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
(a) He leaves for home on his fourth attempt
(b) He is killed in an ambush
(c) He is hospitalized on suicide watch
(d) He does not know if he got out or not
2. How long does it take for Herr to hear all the variations of war stories?
(a) One year
(b) A month
(c) Two years
(d) Six months
3. What is another term for shell shock?
(a) acute envronmental reaction
(b) post traumatic stress disorder
(c) veteran's disease
4. What two correspondents spend about a month with Herr?
(a) Flynn and Carter
(b) Page and Herman
(c) Page and Seann Flynn
(d) Flynn and Seann
5. Where does the chapter's title come from?
(a) A popular song
(b) A propaganda slogan
(c) The nickname for the Tet Offensive
(d) A saying soldiers paint on their helmets
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
2. What are the four geographical areas of Vietnam?
3. Where does Herr find himself during a downpour?
4. When does the Dak To battle take place?
5. When does the Tet Offensive begin?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)