|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part V Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do military officials say Khe Sanh is different from Dien Bien Phu?
(a) There are more American troops than NVA
(b) The NVA will give up quickly
(c) The base sits on high ground
(d) The Americans are better prepared than the French
2. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
(a) The entire world
(b) The United States
(c) South America
3. What is another term for shell shock?
(a) veteran's disease
(b) post traumatic stress disorder
(d) acute envronmental reaction
4. What is the General's response?
(a) He is pulling American troops out of Khe Sanh
(b) He wants the NVA to attack Khe Sanh
(c) He is calling in more troops
(d) He doubts the NVA can make such a manuver
5. For how many miles does the front at Dak To stretch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Herr compares being in battle to what?
2. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
3. The Marines feel one of them is worth how many regular soldiers?
4. What do officials do to make things seem better than they are?
5. No soldier would want to return home with this.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)