|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part V Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on the day the young marine is supposed to leave?
(a) He shoots himself in the foot
(b) He misses his transport
(c) He shoots himself in the hand
(d) He is killed
2. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The endless marches through jungles
(b) The My Lai massacre
(c) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(d) The children playing near land mines
3. According to Herr, no parents want their son to return with this.
(c) Shell shock
4. What does Herr wear on his first day in Vietnam?
(a) New fatigues
(b) Shorts and a Hawaiin shirt
(c) Jeans, a tie-dye t-shirt and flip flops
(d) Combat boots, shorts and a flack jacket
5. What is another term for shell shock?
(a) veteran's disease
(b) acute envronmental reaction
(c) post traumatic stress disorder
Short Answer Questions
1. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
2. With which newspaper is Peter Braestrup associated?
3. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
4. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
5. Which president declares that Khe Sanh cannot fall to the NVA?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)