|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part V Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many soldiers miss details that could have kept them alive?
(b) COs do not tell them
(c) They do not care to live
(d) Loss of Hearing
2. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The My Lai massacre
(b) The endless marches through jungles
(c) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(d) The children playing near land mines
3. President Johnson's comment about Khe Sanh is considered what?
(a) An encouragement to the troops
(b) A political move
(c) An excuse for the Americans defeat
4. Herr compares being in battle to what?
(a) The Alamo
(b) Running with the bulls
(c) Driving a racecar
(d) Riding a roller coaster
5. What is the young marine's laugh like when it does come out?
(a) Like a hyena
(b) A high giggle
(c) He covers his mouth
(d) Loud snorts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the press secretary for Khe Sanh?
2. Many soldiers carry what to keep them safe?
3. When is the Khe Sanh Combat Base started?
4. What does Herr say finally happened to the young marine?
5. Who is defeated during the battle of Dien Bien Phu?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)