|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part V Khe Sanh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another term for shell shock?
(b) veteran's disease
(c) acute envronmental reaction
(d) post traumatic stress disorder
2. How does Herr get a bloody nose?
(a) He runs into a tree
(b) He is kicked in the nose by another soldier
(c) He is punched by Flynn
(d) He is hit by mortar fire
3. Some soldiers feel they must stop the war or Communism will go where?
(a) The United States
(b) The entire world
(c) South America
4. What is a fatal mistake made by the Marines?
(a) Not having enough food
(b) Not calling for reinforcements
(c) Not bringing enough ammunition
(d) Underestimating the enemy
5. What does Herr say plays behind the young marine's eyes?
(a) The My Lai massacre
(b) The horror of seeing his buddies killed
(c) The endless marches through jungles
(d) The children playing near land mines
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most popular strategy for ending the war according to the soldiers?
2. What does one soldier do when he sees Herr's bloody nose?
3. No soldier would want to return home with this.
4. The Marines feel one of them is worth how many regular soldiers?
5. According to Herr, how do the higher levels of the military behave?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)