|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chris when he dies?
2. How old is Sandra's baby when Emlyn meets it again?
3. What was Ray Brower doing the day he died?
4. Why does Sandra go to see Emlyn?
5. Compared to his brother, how does Gordon feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
2. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
3. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
4. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
5. Describe the fate of Vern.
6. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
7. Describe the club at 249B.
8. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
9. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
10. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: Todd Bowden begins to have nightmares after hearing Kurt's stories of the concentration camps and his role in commanding them. Why do you think Todd continued to listen to the stories instead of stopping his visits to Kurt's house? What motivated their meetings and what, if anything, were they getting out of them?
Essay Topic 2
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: Violence was a large aspect to the story of "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption". Do you think Stephen King depicted the true violence that goes on in real prisons? Justify your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: Todd was afraid to tell his parents about his failing grades. This led him to send Kurt Dussander to a parent-teacher meeting and pose as his grandfather. Why do you think Todd was so afraid to tell his parents the truth? Do you think Todd was ashamed of his behavior and his failing grades? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)