|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's prediction comes true at the end of The Body?
2. What state does The Body take place?
3. What do readers find out about the four friends at the end of The Body?
4. What does Emlyn inform the other men at the club that the baby shared with its mother?
5. Why does Sandra go to see Emlyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
2. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
3. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
4. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
5. What does Kurt do after he finds out he has been turned in to authorities for being a Nazi?
6. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
7. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
8. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
9. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
10. Describe the club at 249B.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: After Andy Dufresne escapes from Shawshank Prison, he goes to Mexico to live as well as hide. The story ends and we never find out what happens to him. Do you think Andy is ever found by police? Do you think Sam Norton would let Andy's escape go since he knew the truth of his innocence? Justify your answer with what you know about Sam Norton from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Why do you think the four friends hung out with each other? Did the small town of Castle Rock cause them to find each other? Cite several examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: What do you think caused three of the four friends to end up with such bad fates? Explain each of the four friends choices throughout the story and explain why things went so wrong for three of them.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)