|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emlyn claim Sandra says from the lips of her headless body?
2. Where is Kurt when he finds out he's been turned in to authorities?
3. What does Kurt warn Todd to do when he finds out about the dead winos being discovered by police?
4. Where is Chris when he dies?
5. How does Teddy die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
2. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
3. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
4. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
5. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
6. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
7. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
8. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
9. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
10. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: There is a strong lack of judgment by many of the characters. Which characters do you think had a lack of judgment? What makes you think these characters were unable to think things through properly in order to push them in the right direction instead of in the wrong direction? Give examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Chris Chambers seems to have big aspirations for Gordon. On their adventure to find Ray Brower's body, he predicts that Gordon will become a writer. Why do you think he talks about Gordon having a promising future and does not talk this way about himself? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)