|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was not an activity at the club at 249B?
2. How did Vern hear about Ray's death?
3. How does Sandra get to the hospital the night she goes into labor?
4. What causes Teddy's death?
5. In The Body, who dies in a fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
2. What happens when a stand off ensues between Gordon, Chris, Teddy and Vern and Ace Merrill's gang?
3. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
4. How is Emlyn able to deliver Sandra's baby?
5. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
6. Describe the club at 249B.
7. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
8. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
9. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
10. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Chris Chambers seems to have big aspirations for Gordon. On their adventure to find Ray Brower's body, he predicts that Gordon will become a writer. Why do you think he talks about Gordon having a promising future and does not talk this way about himself? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)