|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the friends tell their parents were going?
2. Who informs Kurt he's been turned in to the police?
3. Why do the four friends go on an adventure?
4. How does Kurt die?
5. Who is Kurt's roommate at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt do after he finds out he has been turned in to authorities for being a Nazi?
2. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
3. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
4. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
5. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
6. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
7. Describe the fate of Vern.
8. What happens when a stand off ensues between Gordon, Chris, Teddy and Vern and Ace Merrill's gang?
9. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
10. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: Todd was afraid to tell his parents about his failing grades. This led him to send Kurt Dussander to a parent-teacher meeting and pose as his grandfather. Why do you think Todd was so afraid to tell his parents the truth? Do you think Todd was ashamed of his behavior and his failing grades? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)