|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Todd convince that he didn't know Dussander's identity?
2. What was not an activity at the club at 249B?
3. Where is Chris when he dies?
4. Who is Vern's older brother?
5. Who backs down from a fight when a gun is drawn on them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
2. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
3. What does Kurt do after he finds out he has been turned in to authorities for being a Nazi?
4. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
5. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
6. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
7. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
8. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
9. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
10. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: What do you think caused three of the four friends to end up with such bad fates? Explain each of the four friends choices throughout the story and explain why things went so wrong for three of them.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Chris Chambers seems to have big aspirations for Gordon. On their adventure to find Ray Brower's body, he predicts that Gordon will become a writer. Why do you think he talks about Gordon having a promising future and does not talk this way about himself? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)