|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Teddy's father go after he returns from the war?
2. Where does Sandra work?
3. In The Body, who dies in a fire?
4. Who pulls a gun during a fight in The Body?
5. How does Ray Brower die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
2. What happens when a stand off ensues between Gordon, Chris, Teddy and Vern and Ace Merrill's gang?
3. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
4. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
5. What does Kurt do after he finds out he has been turned in to authorities for being a Nazi?
6. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
7. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
8. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
9. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
10. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Vern is often referred to as simple and feeble throughout the story. He is also said to be afraid of adventure. If this is true, why do you believe he had friends who often led him into trouble as well as making him do things that he was afraid of? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: Todd was afraid to tell his parents about his failing grades. This led him to send Kurt Dussander to a parent-teacher meeting and pose as his grandfather. Why do you think Todd was so afraid to tell his parents the truth? Do you think Todd was ashamed of his behavior and his failing grades? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)