|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Body, which friend is physically hurt by their father when returning from the war?
2. What does Emlyn claim Sandra says from the lips of her headless body?
3. Why do the four friends go on an adventure?
4. Why does Emlyn McCarron admire Sandra?
5. Who finds out Todd's report cards have been tampered with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
2. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
3. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
4. Describe the club at 249B.
5. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
6. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
7. Describe the fate of Vern.
8. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
9. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
10. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: One of the four friends, Teddy, turns to drugs and alcohol, which leads to his horrific death. Why you think he turned to drugs and alcohol? Justify your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Teddy is abused by his father when he returns from the war by having a hot plate held to his ear. His father is then sent to a military hospital.
1) Why do you think Teddy's father hurt him and do you think it had anything to do with his involvement in the war?
2) Even though Teddy was hurt by his father, he strongly sticks up for him if he is spoken poorly of. Why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 3
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: Shawshank Prison is full of corrupt wardens. What made the wardens corrupt? Why do you think the prison tolerated corrupt guards? If Tommy Williams had never been transferred to a different prison and Andy was given another trial in order to prove his innocence, do you think Andy would have been set free?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)