|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Apt Pupil, who goes on a shooting spree that ends with their death?
2. How did Morris Heisel's wife and daughter die?
3. What happens right before the fire starts?
4. Who is not one of the four friends in The Body?
5. Where did the friends tell their parents were going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
2. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
3. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
4. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
5. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
6. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
7. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
8. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
9. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
10. Describe the relationship between Teddy Duchamp and his father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Why do you think the four friends hung out with each other? Did the small town of Castle Rock cause them to find each other? Cite several examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: Todd Bowden begins to have nightmares after hearing Kurt's stories of the concentration camps and his role in commanding them. Why do you think Todd continued to listen to the stories instead of stopping his visits to Kurt's house? What motivated their meetings and what, if anything, were they getting out of them?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)