|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandra's baby become as an adult?
2. How old is Sandra's baby when Emlyn meets it again?
3. What state does The Body take place?
4. What was not an activity at the club at 249B?
5. Why is the gang of older boys angry with the four friends in The Body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
2. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
3. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
4. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
5. Describe the club at 249B.
6. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
7. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
8. Describe the relationship between Teddy Duchamp and his father.
9. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
10. Describe the fate of Vern.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Teddy is abused by his father when he returns from the war by having a hot plate held to his ear. His father is then sent to a military hospital.
1) Why do you think Teddy's father hurt him and do you think it had anything to do with his involvement in the war?
2) Even though Teddy was hurt by his father, he strongly sticks up for him if he is spoken poorly of. Why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Vern is often referred to as simple and feeble throughout the story. He is also said to be afraid of adventure. If this is true, why do you believe he had friends who often led him into trouble as well as making him do things that he was afraid of? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: After Andy Dufresne escapes from Shawshank Prison, he goes to Mexico to live as well as hide. The story ends and we never find out what happens to him. Do you think Andy is ever found by police? Do you think Sam Norton would let Andy's escape go since he knew the truth of his innocence? Justify your answer with what you know about Sam Norton from the text.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)