|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to his brother, how does Gordon feel?
2. Who applies themselves in school and want to go to law school?
3. What is the sex of Sandra's baby?
4. How does Sandra get to the hospital the night she goes into labor?
5. Who's prediction comes true at the end of The Body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
2. What happens when a stand off ensues between Gordon, Chris, Teddy and Vern and Ace Merrill's gang?
3. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
4. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
5. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
6. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
7. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
8. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
9. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
10. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Chris Chambers seems to have big aspirations for Gordon. On their adventure to find Ray Brower's body, he predicts that Gordon will become a writer. Why do you think he talks about Gordon having a promising future and does not talk this way about himself? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: In the story Todd and Kurt both have nightmares due to the stories Kurt tells of the concentration camps.Do you think Kurt was wrong for being blackmailed by such a young person and do you think he had any way out of the situation? Do you think Kurt should have tried to cover up some of the things that went on at the concentration camps due to Todd's age, even though Todd wanted to know all of the details? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: After the meeting Kurt has with Ed French about Todd's failing grades, Kurt makes Todd study when he visits. What role does Kurt take on for Todd and why might this be important to the objective of "Apt Pupil".
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)