|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the butler at the club at 249B?
2. Who turns Kurt in to the police?
3. What town does The Body take place?
4. Who is Vern's older brother?
5. Why does Emlyn McCarron admire Sandra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
2. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
3. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
4. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
5. Describe the club at 249B.
6. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
7. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
8. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
9. How is Emlyn able to deliver Sandra's baby?
10. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: How did you feel about Kurt by the end of the story? Did you want to see him succeed at the end of the story and become successful and find a way out of his situation? Did your opinions of him have anything to do with him being one of the main characters in the story? Even though Kurt was a bad guy, is it hard to watch the main character in a story fall?
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: Todd Bowden begins to have nightmares after hearing Kurt's stories of the concentration camps and his role in commanding them. Why do you think Todd continued to listen to the stories instead of stopping his visits to Kurt's house? What motivated their meetings and what, if anything, were they getting out of them?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)