|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Chris the most in The Body?
2. What happens right before the fire starts?
3. Who does Ed French end up meeting that makes his suspicions of Todd true?
4. Where is Kurt when he finds out he's been turned in to authorities?
5. Who backs down from a fight when a gun is drawn on them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fate of Vern.
2. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
3. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
4. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
5. How is Emlyn able to deliver Sandra's baby?
6. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
7. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
8. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
9. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
10. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 2
The Breathing Method: Emlyn McCarron's story about Sandra Stansfield was very unbelievable. Do you think the story was a complete fabrication or do you believe there was some truth to the story? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: How did you feel about Kurt by the end of the story? Did you want to see him succeed at the end of the story and become successful and find a way out of his situation? Did your opinions of him have anything to do with him being one of the main characters in the story? Even though Kurt was a bad guy, is it hard to watch the main character in a story fall?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)