|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who applies themselves in school and want to go to law school?
2. Who's prediction comes true at the end of The Body?
3. How does Sandra get to the hospital the night she goes into labor?
4. What does Kurt warn Todd to do when he finds out about the dead winos being discovered by police?
5. How does Kurt die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
2. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
3. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
4. Describe the fate of Vern.
5. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
6. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
7. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
8. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
9. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
10. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
Essay Topic 2
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: Shawshank Prison is full of corrupt wardens. What made the wardens corrupt? Why do you think the prison tolerated corrupt guards? If Tommy Williams had never been transferred to a different prison and Andy was given another trial in order to prove his innocence, do you think Andy would have been set free?
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: There is a strong lack of judgment by many of the characters. Which characters do you think had a lack of judgment? What makes you think these characters were unable to think things through properly in order to push them in the right direction instead of in the wrong direction? Give examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)