|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires Sandra from her job?
2. What does Emlyn inform the other men at the club that the baby shared with its mother?
3. Who is Eyeball Chamber's younger brother?
4. Who is not one of the four friends in The Body?
5. When the friends are on their adventure, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a stand off ensues between Gordon, Chris, Teddy and Vern and Ace Merrill's gang?
2. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
3. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
4. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
5. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
6. How is Emlyn able to deliver Sandra's baby?
7. Describe the club at 249B.
8. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
9. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
10. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Breathing Method: The club at 249B was for men only and was said to be in another dimension. Emlyn's story about Sandra being alive for several minutes after she was decapitated seems to be a made up tale. Why do you think Stephen King would have such an unbelievable tale be told in a club that seems to be in another world or dimension? Justify your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: There is a strong lack of judgment by many of the characters. Which characters do you think had a lack of judgment? What makes you think these characters were unable to think things through properly in order to push them in the right direction instead of in the wrong direction? Give examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: Shawshank Prison is full of corrupt wardens. What made the wardens corrupt? Why do you think the prison tolerated corrupt guards? If Tommy Williams had never been transferred to a different prison and Andy was given another trial in order to prove his innocence, do you think Andy would have been set free?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)