|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sex of Sandra's baby?
2. Why do the four friends reveal about their town while on their adventure?
3. In The Body, which friend is physically hurt by their father when returning from the war?
4. What town does The Body take place?
5. How does Teddy die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
2. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
3. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
4. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
5. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
6. How is Emlyn able to deliver Sandra's baby?
7. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
8. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
9. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
10. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: What do you think caused three of the four friends to end up with such bad fates? Explain each of the four friends choices throughout the story and explain why things went so wrong for three of them.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Why do you think the four friends hung out with each other? Did the small town of Castle Rock cause them to find each other? Cite several examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Of the four friends, three died horrific deaths.
1) How did each friend die?
2) What led to each friends death?
3) Which death was the most tragic? Explain why you think so.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)