Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Apt Pupil, who goes on a shooting spree that ends with their death?
2. Who helps Chris the most in The Body?
3. Why do the four friends go on an adventure?
4. Who is Vern's older brother?
5. Compared to his brother, how does Gordon feel?
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: Todd was afraid to tell his parents about his failing grades. This led him to send Kurt Dussander to a parent-teacher meeting and pose as his grandfather. Why do you think Todd was so afraid to tell his parents the truth? Do you think Todd was ashamed of his behavior and his failing grades? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: Todd Bowden begins to have nightmares after hearing Kurt's stories of the concentration camps and his role in commanding them. Why do you think Todd continued to listen to the stories instead of stopping his visits to Kurt's house? What motivated their meetings and what, if anything, were they getting out of them?
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Teddy is abused by his father when he returns from the war by having a hot plate held to his ear. His father is then sent to a military hospital.
1) Why do you think Teddy's father hurt him and do you think it had anything to do with his involvement in the war?
2) Even though Teddy was hurt by his father, he strongly sticks up for him if he is spoken poorly of. Why do you think this is?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)