|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of The Breathing Method?
2. What does the butler warn the members of the club at 249B not to do?
3. What is the weather like on the night Sandra goes into labor?
4. Where does Teddy's father go after he returns from the war?
5. Why is the gang of older boys angry with the four friends in The Body?
Essay Topic 1
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: Shawshank Prison is full of corrupt wardens. What made the wardens corrupt? Why do you think the prison tolerated corrupt guards? If Tommy Williams had never been transferred to a different prison and Andy was given another trial in order to prove his innocence, do you think Andy would have been set free?
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Vern is often referred to as simple and feeble throughout the story. He is also said to be afraid of adventure. If this is true, why do you believe he had friends who often led him into trouble as well as making him do things that he was afraid of? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)