|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds out Todd's report cards have been tampered with?
2. Who fires Sandra from her job?
3. Who backs down from a fight when a gun is drawn on them?
4. Which friend admits he likes his home life?
5. Besides social disapproval, what other problems does Sandra have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the club at 249B appear to be in another dimension?
2. How is Emlyn able to deliver Sandra's baby?
3. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
4. Describe the club at 249B.
5. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
6. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
7. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
8. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
9. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
10. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: Todd Bowden begins to have nightmares after hearing Kurt's stories of the concentration camps and his role in commanding them. Why do you think Todd continued to listen to the stories instead of stopping his visits to Kurt's house? What motivated their meetings and what, if anything, were they getting out of them?
Essay Topic 2
Apt Pupil: How did you feel about Kurt by the end of the story? Did you want to see him succeed at the end of the story and become successful and find a way out of his situation? Did your opinions of him have anything to do with him being one of the main characters in the story? Even though Kurt was a bad guy, is it hard to watch the main character in a story fall?
Essay Topic 3
Apt Pupil: After finding out Kurt had been turned in to authorities and then committed suicide, Todd went on a shooting spree which eventually led to his death. Do you believe Kurt and Todd had any other way out tragic endings? Explain your answer.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)