|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for Sandra's funeral?
2. What town does The Body take place?
3. Why do the four friends go on an adventure?
4. Who is the narrator of The Breathing Method?
5. Who is the leader of a gang of delinquents in The Body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fate of Teddy Duchamp.
2. Describe the relationship between Teddy Duchamp and his father.
3. Describe the fate of Vern.
4. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
5. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
6. What did Emlyn do during the years after Sandra's death?
7. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
8. What does Kurt do after he finds out he has been turned in to authorities for being a Nazi?
9. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
10. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: One of the four friends, Gordon, feels invisible in the eyes of his parents. Why does he feel this way? What do you think those feelings could cause a child to feel like and strive for in life? Give examples as to actions and statements made by Gordon that will support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: Violence was a large aspect to the story of "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption". Do you think Stephen King depicted the true violence that goes on in real prisons? Justify your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Why do you think the four friends hung out with each other? Did the small town of Castle Rock cause them to find each other? Cite several examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)