|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the friends are on their adventure, what do they do?
2. How does Teddy die?
3. What happens right before the fire starts?
4. In The Body, which friend is physically hurt by their father when returning from the war?
5. Who is in the gang of older boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
2. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
3. How does Kurt find out that he has been turned in to authorities?
4. Describe the club at 249B.
5. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
6. What characters prediction comes true in The Body? What was the prediction?
7. What does Kurt do after he finds out he has been turned in to authorities for being a Nazi?
8. Describe the fate of Vern.
9. What do the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, do while they are on their adventure to find the body of Ray Brower?
10. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Body: What do you think caused three of the four friends to end up with such bad fates? Explain each of the four friends choices throughout the story and explain why things went so wrong for three of them.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Chris Chambers seems to have big aspirations for Gordon. On their adventure to find Ray Brower's body, he predicts that Gordon will become a writer. Why do you think he talks about Gordon having a promising future and does not talk this way about himself? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: Teddy is abused by his father when he returns from the war by having a hot plate held to his ear. His father is then sent to a military hospital.
1) Why do you think Teddy's father hurt him and do you think it had anything to do with his involvement in the war?
2) Even though Teddy was hurt by his father, he strongly sticks up for him if he is spoken poorly of. Why do you think this is?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)