|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vern hear about Ray's death?
2. Who is the narrator of The Breathing Method?
3. What is the weather like on the night Sandra goes into labor?
4. Why do the four friends reveal about their town while on their adventure?
5. Why do the four friends go on an adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Sandra goes into labor and arrives at the hospital.
2. Who is Kurt's hospital roommate? How do they know each other?
3. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
4. What is Emlyn McCarron's profession and how does he meet Sandra Stansfield?
5. Describe what happens right after Emlyn delivers Sandra's baby.
6. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
7. Describe the club at 249B.
8. Describe the location where Ray Brower's body is found.
9. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
10. Describe the relationship between Teddy Duchamp and his father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: There is a strong lack of judgment by many of the characters. Which characters do you think had a lack of judgment? What makes you think these characters were unable to think things through properly in order to push them in the right direction instead of in the wrong direction? Give examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Vern is often referred to as simple and feeble throughout the story. He is also said to be afraid of adventure. If this is true, why do you believe he had friends who often led him into trouble as well as making him do things that he was afraid of? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption: After Andy Dufresne escapes from Shawshank Prison, he goes to Mexico to live as well as hide. The story ends and we never find out what happens to him. Do you think Andy is ever found by police? Do you think Sam Norton would let Andy's escape go since he knew the truth of his innocence? Justify your answer with what you know about Sam Norton from the text.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)