|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emlyn McCarron admire Sandra?
2. Who fires Sandra from her job?
3. What do Teddy and Vern do when the four friends begin to separate?
4. Who is Vern's older brother?
5. What does Emlyn claim Sandra says from the lips of her headless body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fate of Chris Chambers.
2. What happens when a stand off ensues between Gordon, Chris, Teddy and Vern and Ace Merrill's gang?
3. What does Todd do after he finds out Kurt is dead?
4. What happens when Ace Merrill's gang sees Chris, Vern, Teddy and Gordon at the site of Ray Brower's body?
5. Who's dead body causes the four friends, Chris, Vern, Gordon and Teddy, to go on an adventure and what causes this person to die?
6. Describe the fate of Vern.
7. Describe the town of Castle Rock.
8. Who finds Ray Brower's body?
9. Describe the relationship between Teddy Duchamp and his father.
10. There are two things Emlyn says he likes about Sandra. What are they and what does this prove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apt Pupil: Todd Bowden begins to have nightmares after hearing Kurt's stories of the concentration camps and his role in commanding them. Why do you think Todd continued to listen to the stories instead of stopping his visits to Kurt's house? What motivated their meetings and what, if anything, were they getting out of them?
Essay Topic 2
The Body: Why do you think the four friends hung out with each other? Did the small town of Castle Rock cause them to find each other? Cite several examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Body: One of the four friends, Teddy, turns to drugs and alcohol, which leads to his horrific death. Why you think he turned to drugs and alcohol? Justify your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)