|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy hide for someone to find after his escape?
(a) A rolled up blanket.
(b) A bag.
(c) A tin.
(d) A box.
2. What does Andy help the wardens with while in prison?
(a) Loan of Applications.
(b) Financial Advice.
(d) All of the above.
3. What is Kurt doing when he has his health scare?
(a) Burying a wino.
(b) Killing a wino.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Helping Todd study.
4. Who had proof of a prisoner's innocence?
(a) Andy Dufresne.
(b) Red Smith.
(c) Tommy Williams.
5. Who gives Andy a poster of Rita Hayworth?
(a) Red Smith.
(b) Glenn Quentin.
(c) Sam Norton.
(d) Bogs Diamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andy let a fellow inmate know he escapes safely?
2. What does Todd do to his report cards?
3. Who were the concentration camps made for?
4. Who leaves Byron Hadley an inheritance?
5. Who is angry about someone having proof of Andy's innocence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt do when he realizes he's having a heart attack? Why does he do this?
2. What does Kurt do in order to keep Todd out of trouble at school? What comes from his actions?
3. Describe Andy Dufresne's prison cell.
4. Describe the first scene of Apt Pupil.
5. Explain why the postcard that Red Smith receives has nothing on it.
6. Why is Andy Dufresne's wife, Linda Collins Dufresne, murdered?
7. In exchange for helping the guards, what does Andy Dufresne ask for?
8. Why are the causes that lead to Todd failing school?
9. Describe how Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption ends.
10. What happens when Andy returns from solitary confinement?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)