|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Todd's grades change when he moves from junior high to high school?
(a) They remain mostly C's.
(b) Todd continues to fail his courses.
(c) They improve and are very good.
(d) They remain mostly D's.
2. What was Kurt Dussander's role in the concentration camps?
3. How old is Todd Bowden?
4. Who had proof of a prisoner's innocence?
(a) Tommy Williams.
(c) Red Smith.
(d) Andy Dufresne.
5. Who is the guidance counselor at Todd's school?
(a) Jamie Wyatt.
(b) Scott French.
(c) Ed French.
(d) Jordan Michell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Todd tell his parents he's really doing at Kurt's house?
2. Who are The Sisters?
3. Who does Linda Collins Dufresne have an affair with?
4. What causes Todd's school performance to slip?
5. What reason does Todd's grandfather give Todd's teacher for Todd's flunking grades?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption ends.
2. What happens to Andy when he has a fight with the guard, Sam Norton and why does it occur?
3. What does Kurt do when he realizes he's having a heart attack? Why does he do this?
4. What does Kurt make Todd do after the meeting with Ed French? Why does this happen?
5. What does Andy agree to do for the prison guards and how is he able to?
6. How does Andy keep his plans for escaping a secret?
7. What does Todd say he will do if Kurt does not do what he says? Does Kurt agree to his demands?
8. What do the nightmares that Kurt and Todd have about the concentration camps cause them to do?
9. How does Andy end up escaping from prison?
10. Why does Ed French request a meeting with Todd's parents? What is Todd's reaction?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)