|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy gain from the guards in exchange for his help?
(a) Extra free time.
(b) Early release from prison.
(d) Protection from Bogs Diamond and The Sisters.
2. In what war were the concentration camps held?
(b) Vietname War.
(c) Gulf War.
3. What does Todd threaten to do if Kurt refuses to do what he wants?
(a) Burn him.
(b) Turn him in to the authorities.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Kill him.
4. Who is the leader of The Sisters?
(a) Bogs Diamond.
(b) Rooster McBride.
(c) Red Smith.
(d) Tommy Williams.
5. When Andy meets Red Smith in Shawshank Prison, what does Red refer to himself as?
(a) A go-getter.
(b) A con.
(c) A troublemaker.
(d) An instigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resigns after Andy's escape?
2. Why does Todd's teacher request a meeting with his parents?
3. What does Todd want from Kurt Dussander?
4. What causes problems for the winos?
5. What do Todd's parents think about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Todd Bowden want to talk to Kurt Dussander?
2. What does Kurt do in order to keep Todd out of trouble at school? What comes from his actions?
3. Why does Andy decide to go to Mexico after his escape from prison?
4. Describe the first scene of Apt Pupil.
5. Why is Andy Dufresne's wife, Linda Collins Dufresne, murdered?
6. What does Red Smith receive in the mail and what is unique about it?
7. What does Andy agree to do for the prison guards and how is he able to?
8. What does Todd say he will do if Kurt does not do what he says? Does Kurt agree to his demands?
9. What is Kurt doing when suffering a medical ailment?
10. Describe how Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption begins.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)