|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andy decide where he's going to hide after escaping prison?
(a) He used to live there.
(b) He has a dream.
(c) It was the first place he could think of.
(d) Red Smith convinces him.
2. Who embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars?
(a) Sam Norton.
(b) Red Smith.
(c) Andy Dufresne.
(d) Glenn Quentin.
3. Where does Andy first ask for something in exchange for his help?
(a) In the cafeteria during lunch.
(b) In the exercise yard during free time.
(c) In his cell.
(d) On a roof during work duty.
4. Why does Todd's teacher request a meeting with his parents?
(a) To discuss the fights he's having.
(b) To discuss his failing grades.
(c) To discuss his bad attitude.
(d) To discuss why he's always late to school.
5. What is Rita Hayworth's profession?
(c) Movie Actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the real murderer of Linda Collins Dufresne?
2. What health scare does Kurt endure?
3. What will happen to Kurt if he is found out?
4. How does Red violate his parole?
5. What is the name of Todd's girlfriend in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy hide for Red Smith to find after he is paroled from prison and why does Andy do this?
2. Describe The Sisters.
3. Describe the first scene of Apt Pupil.
4. What do Kurt's stories about the concentration camps cause?
5. Explain why the postcard that Red Smith receives has nothing on it.
6. What does Todd give Kurt for Christmas? Why does Todd do this and what does he make Kurt do with the present?
7. What happens to Andy when he has a fight with the guard, Sam Norton and why does it occur?
8. What do Todd's parents think of him?
9. What does Kurt tell Ed French is the real reason for Todd's poor grades?
10. Why does Andy decide to go to Mexico after his escape from prison?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)