|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the real murderer of Linda Collins Dufresne?
(a) Matthew Johnson.
(b) Elwood Blatch.
(c) Jake White.
(d) Tommy Williams.
2. What does Todd do to his report cards?
(a) He hides them.
(b) He throws them away.
(c) He rips them up.
(d) He modifies them.
3. How does Todd make Kurt do what he wants?
(a) He beats him up.
(b) He blackmails him.
(c) He threatens to shoot him.
(d) He begs him.
4. Who is Normaden?
(a) Red Smith's cell-mate.
(b) Bogs Diamonds cell-mate.
(c) Andy's cell-mate.
(d) A prison guard.
5. What beings to happen to the winos in "Apt Pupil"?
(a) They are on the news.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They are put into rehab.
(d) They are given money.
6. Who recognizes the wino killer from the paper?
(c) Monica Bowden.
7. Why is Todd's teacher suspicious about his grandfather?
(a) He is shaking.
(b) He is sweating.
(c) He stumbled over his words.
(d) He doesn't use Todd's name.
8. Who does Andy hide something for after escaping prison?
(a) Red Smith.
(b) Bogs Diamond.
(d) Sam Norton.
9. What reason does Todd's grandfather give Todd's teacher for Todd's flunking grades?
(a) He lost his school books.
(b) He's upset about his parent's divorcing.
(c) His grandmother just died.
(d) He has been sick.
10. In what war were the concentration camps held?
(c) Vietname War.
(d) Gulf War.
11. How does Red violate his parole?
(a) He was never on parole.
(b) He doesn't violate his parole.
(c) By escaping prison.
(d) By leaving the country.
12. Where is Zijuantenejo, Mexico?
(a) Above Canada.
(b) The Pacific coastline.
(c) Out west.
(d) The Atlantic coastline.
13. Who gives Andy a poster of Rita Hayworth?
(a) Sam Norton.
(b) Red Smith.
(c) Glenn Quentin.
(d) Bogs Diamond.
14. Why does Andy get sent to solitary confinement?
(a) He argues with Sam Norton.
(b) He has a fight with Tommy Williams.
(c) He tries to escape.
(d) He doesn't do his daily chores.
15. What does Red Smith drive at the end of the "Rite Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption"?
(a) A boat.
(b) His old sedan.
(c) A cab.
(d) A truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andy meet Red Smith?
2. What was Glenn Quentin's profession?
3. What year does Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption begin?
4. What kind of family is Todd said to have come from?
5. Why is Red Smith suspicious of Andy wanting a rock hammer?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)