|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Andy's wife murdered?
(a) She was having an affair.
(b) She was mugged.
(c) She was wanted by the FBI.
(d) She wasn't really murdered.
2. Why is Todd's teacher suspicious about his grandfather?
(a) He is sweating.
(b) He is shaking.
(c) He stumbled over his words.
(d) He doesn't use Todd's name.
3. Why is Kurt scared about the meeting with Todd's teacher?
(a) He doesn't want Todd to get in trouble with his parents.
(b) He's scared they'll be caught.
(c) Todd's teacher was mean.
(d) He doesn't want Todd to fail school.
4. How many rock hammers does Andy go through while in prison?
5. What does Todd force Kurt to do with his Christmas present?
(a) He doesn't force him to do anything with it.
(b) Give it back to him.
(c) Wear it and march around.
(d) Wear it.
6. What beings to happen to the winos in "Apt Pupil"?
(a) They are put into rehab.
(b) They are on the news.
(c) They are murdered.
(d) They are given money.
7. What year does Andy escape?
8. Who is Normaden?
(a) Red Smith's cell-mate.
(b) Bogs Diamonds cell-mate.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) Andy's cell-mate.
9. Who had proof of a prisoner's innocence?
(b) Tommy Williams.
(c) Andy Dufresne.
(d) Red Smith.
10. Who helps Andy Dufresne set up a false identity?
(a) Tommy Wiliams.
(b) Sam Norton.
(d) Red Smith.
11. What does Todd give Kurt as a Christmas present?
(b) A uniform.
(c) A shirt.
12. What does Andy gain from the guards in exchange for his help?
(a) Extra free time.
(c) Early release from prison.
(d) Protection from Bogs Diamond and The Sisters.
13. What health scare does Kurt endure?
(b) Fainting spell.
(d) Heart attack.
14. What is Kurt doing when he has his health scare?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Helping Todd study.
(c) Killing a wino.
(d) Burying a wino.
15. How does Red violate his parole?
(a) He was never on parole.
(b) He doesn't violate his parole.
(c) By escaping prison.
(d) By leaving the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption begin?
2. How do Todd's grades change when he moves from junior high to high school?
3. What causes problems for the winos?
4. What reason does Todd's grandfather give Todd's teacher for Todd's flunking grades?
5. What does Todd plan to do to Kurt when he no longer needs him?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)