|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about the mail Red Smith receives?
(a) It only had a phone number on it.
(b) He didn't know who it was from.
(c) It only had directions on it.
(d) It was blank.
2. What does Andy crawl through in order to escape the prison grounds?
(a) A sewage pipe only.
(b) A wall only.
(c) A wall and a sewage pipe.
(d) A dumpster.
3. What is Kurt doing when he has his health scare?
(a) Burying a wino.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Helping Todd study.
(d) Killing a wino.
4. Who's nose is broken in Shawshank Prison?
(a) Andy Dufresne.
(b) Sam Norton.
(c) Bogs Diamond.
(d) Rooster McBride.
5. Why is Todd's teacher suspicious about his grandfather?
(a) He stumbled over his words.
(b) He doesn't use Todd's name.
(c) He is sweating.
(d) He is shaking.
6. What beings to happen to the winos in "Apt Pupil"?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They are given money.
(c) They are put into rehab.
(d) They are on the news.
7. What is the name of Todd's girlfriend in high school?
(a) Hope Tramer.
(b) Jenny Tramer.
(c) Betty Hope.
(d) Betty Trask.
8. How do Todd's grades change when he moves from junior high to high school?
(a) They remain mostly D's.
(b) They remain mostly C's.
(c) Todd continues to fail his courses.
(d) They improve and are very good.
9. What year does Andy escape?
10. Who is angry about someone having proof of Andy's innocence?
(a) Bogs Diamond.
(b) Rooster McBride.
(c) Sam Norton.
(d) Red Smith.
11. How does Andy let a fellow inmate know he escapes safely?
(a) He calls.
(b) He sends a letter.
(c) He sends a post card.
(d) He doesn't let anyone know he escaped safely.
12. Who helps Andy Dufresne set up a false identity?
(a) Red Smith.
(b) Sam Norton.
(c) Tommy Wiliams.
13. When Andy meets Red Smith in Shawshank Prison, what does Red refer to himself as?
(a) A go-getter.
(b) A con.
(c) A troublemaker.
(d) An instigator.
14. Why is Tommy Williams transferred to a different prison?
(a) To keep him silent.
(b) Because he was a trouble maker.
(c) Because of federal regulations.
(d) Because he wanted to be transferred.
15. Where are the winos buried?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In a lake.
(d) In a backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves Byron Hadley an inheritance?
2. What year does Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption begin?
3. Why is Kurt afraid of Todd?
4. What does Todd tell his parents he's really doing at Kurt's house?
5. What causes problems for the winos?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)