|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andy hide something for after escaping prison?
(b) Red Smith.
(c) Bogs Diamond.
(d) Sam Norton.
2. Who are The Sisters?
(a) A group of nuns.
(b) A group of female parole officers.
(c) A vicious gang.
(d) Andy Dufresne's sisters.
3. What year does Andy escape?
4. When Andy meets Red Smith in Shawshank Prison, what does Red refer to himself as?
(a) A troublemaker.
(b) An instigator.
(c) A con.
(d) A go-getter.
5. Who were the concentration camps made for?
(a) Japanese people.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) Irish people.
(d) American people.
6. What is the German word for death in "Apt Pupil"?
7. Who does Todd hide his real grades from?
(a) His brother.
(b) Kurt Dussander.
(c) His parents.
(d) His grandfather.
8. How does Andy decide where he's going to hide after escaping prison?
(a) He has a dream.
(b) He used to live there.
(c) It was the first place he could think of.
(d) Red Smith convinces him.
9. What does Todd threaten to do if Kurt refuses to do what he wants?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Burn him.
(c) Turn him in to the authorities.
(d) Kill him.
10. Who is the leader of The Sisters?
(a) Rooster McBride.
(b) Tommy Williams.
(c) Red Smith.
(d) Bogs Diamond.
11. What does Todd accuse Kurt of being?
(a) The Blood Fiend.
(b) The Man with Bloody Hands.
(c) The Jewish Killer.
(d) The Murderer.
12. Where does Andy first ask for something in exchange for his help?
(a) In his cell.
(b) On a roof during work duty.
(c) In the exercise yard during free time.
(d) In the cafeteria during lunch.
13. What is the purpose of the Rita Hayworth poster?
(a) To hide an escape route.
(b) To cover wall graffiti.
(c) For decoration.
(d) It was a present.
14. What health scare does Kurt endure?
(a) Fainting spell.
(b) Heart attack.
15. Where does Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption begin?
(a) When Andy arrives at Shawshank Prison.
(b) When Andy finds out his wife was murdered.
(c) When Andy is arrested for murder.
(d) After Andy is already in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rita Hayworth's profession?
2. What does Andy help the wardens with while in prison?
3. Who is wrongly accused of murder in Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption?
4. Why is Red Smith suspicious of Andy wanting a rock hammer?
5. Why does Andy get sent to solitary confinement?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)