Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Political associations bring together whom?
2. De Tocqueville believes that the nations of his time cannot prevent the conditions of men from becoming _________________.
3. According to De Tocqueville, all Americans seek it, but do not necessarily seek it exclusively. What is it?
4. Democracies tend to value what over liberty?
5. De Tocqueville believes that there is unlikely to be a ______________ in the United States.
De Tocqueville presents many ways in which a democracy can protect itself from abuse. Why does de Tocqueville believe that a democracy will be abused, and what does he suggest as protection from that abuse? Use examples from the book to support your ideas.
Why is de Tocqueville writing this book, and for whom is he writing the book? Of what is he trying to convince his audience? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Using examples from the book, what are the differences between an aristocratic regime and a democratic regime in terms of governance? Which one does de Tocqueville think is more effective at governing and why?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)