Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Political associations bring together whom?
2. De Tocqueville believes that the nations of his time cannot prevent the conditions of men from becoming _________________.
3. According to De Tocqueville, all Americans seek it, but do not necessarily seek it exclusively. What is it?
4. Democracies tend to value what over liberty?
5. De Tocqueville believes that there is unlikely to be a ______________ in the United States.
What is the definition that de Tocqueville uses for freedom of the press? Using examples from the book, what role does freedom of the press have in a democracy? What role does it have in American democracy?
De Tocqueville believes that nations today (in his time) will be unable to stop the conditions of man from becoming equal. What support does he provide for this statement? Do the ideas presented in his book support his statement? Why or why not? Use the book to support your answer.
Using examples from the book, what is tyranny, and how does democracy fight it?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)