Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Political associations bring together whom?
2. De Tocqueville believes that the nations of his time cannot prevent the conditions of men from becoming _________________.
3. According to De Tocqueville, all Americans seek it, but do not necessarily seek it exclusively. What is it?
4. Democracies tend to value what over liberty?
5. De Tocqueville believes that there is unlikely to be a ______________ in the United States.
What is de Tocqueville's definition of religion? What role does religion play in politics, specifically in a democracy? Support your answer with examples and ideas from the book.
How does de Tocqueville define a political association? What role does association have in democracy as de Tocqueville presents it? Is that the same role it has today? Explain your answer using specific examples from today and the book.
How does democracy promote simplification? How does democracy promote complexities? What are the consequences of each? Use the book to support your answer.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)