1. What does de Tocqueville analyze in his book?
De Tocqueville analyzes the political and sociological aspects of the American democratic regime.
2. What, according to the author, are some of the downsides of democracy?
According to the author, some of the downsides for democracy are the extension of the principle of equality to all persons and turning the democratic regime into a tyranny of the majority.
3. What is the definition of a regime?
A regime is the form of government for those in power. It can also be the prevailing social structure.
4. The communities of New England set the foundation of a democratic society based on what?
The communities of New England based their democratic society on their values and education.
5. According to the author, what is the reason free people obey laws?
Free people obey laws because they see obedience as a necessary means of maintaining the union with their peers.
This section contains 2,212 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)