|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 4: Chapter 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In America, what did people have before they had equality of conditions?
(b) Right of association.
(c) Freedom of association.
2. De Tocqueville believes wars will become rarer as _______ expands.
3. What type of person does de Tocqueville say the American writer sees himself as?
4. In de Tocqueville's beliefs, what is the surest and fastest way to destroy liberty?
(a) Absolute tyranny.
(c) A ruling despot.
(d) Increasing the size of the military.
5. One drawback of equality of social conditions is an increase in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In de Tocqueville's observations, the patriotism of Americans is more akin to cupidity than to what?
2. In what does de Tocqueville say American writers find poetry?
3. Workmen, in America, can be replaced how?
4. De Tocqueville believes that it depends on the individual whether equality leads them to knowledge or _______________.
5. Politically, the New World has never experienced what?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)