|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 4: Chapter 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American historian holds individuals accountable for what?
(b) Major choices.
(c) Major events.
2. Decentralization of the governmental administration has multiplied what?
(b) Political associations.
3. Democratic regimes value prosperity over what?
4. What is one of the two important tools of American democracy?
(a) Televised media.
(b) Political media.
(c) Printed media.
(d) Spoken words.
5. What is one of the checks and balances on the executive branch to prevent it from becoming despotic?
(a) An independent press.
(b) An independent education system.
(c) An independent judiciary.
(d) An independent moral system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the European system, de Tocqueville says the America court system is what?
2. What does de Tocqeville say is linked to--but not the same as--liberty?
3. Democratic countries do not want revolution or ______, in de Tocqueville's beliefs?
4. What does de Tocqueville define as a state of mental ease akin to physical and mental numbness?
5. What kind of literature does America produce?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)