|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 3: Chapter 1-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Equality of conditions means there are no a priori what in America?
(a) Points of view.
2. A democracy will not purposely legislate against the good of its what?
3. About what does de Tocqueville believe aristocrats are busy writing?
(a) Unique nations.
(c) Mundane matters.
4. Democratic regimes value what over heroism?
(a) Habits of peace.
(b) Acts of engagement.
(c) Common sense.
5. De Tocqueville observes that, while traveling outside their own country, Americans tend to travel with signs associated with _______________?
(a) Higher ranked scholarly pursuits.
(b) Higher ranked aristocrats.
(c) Higher ranked industrial activities.
(d) Higher ranked political offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. De Tocqueville observed that Americans like to explain everything as a result of human what?
2. De Tocqueville compares equality to what weapon?
3. Isolation increases the dangers of what?
4. The desire for immediate gratification led the people of America to what?
5. Limiting the right of association would be what to a democratic society?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)