|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 2: Chapter 10-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In times of peace, what has more power than the President?
(b) Executive branch.
2. The right of political association originally came from where?
3. Lawyers are connected to the aristocracy by their personal interest and what?
4. In a traditional aristocracy, de Tocqueville believes that the aristocrat was linked to their underlings by what?
5. Democracy counters individualism by insuring that common good is understood as what?
(a) Profiting everyone in the community.
(b) Profiting everyone who participates in the process.
(c) Profiting everyone who behaves as if he or she is free.
(d) Profiting everyone who depends on each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considered a member of the aristocratic class in America?
2. When were the first colonies established?
3. In de Tocqueville's observations, what is something the federal government is allowed to do?
4. The relationship of the American aristocrat and workman is likened to a traditional aristocrat and what, according to de Tocqueville?
5. What is one of the branches of government?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)