|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 2: Chapter 10-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a monarchy, what is as volatile as the perceived superiority of the state?
2. Historians in the United States believe that nations are driven by what?
(a) Singular events.
(b) Particular individuals.
(c) Collective events.
3. According to de Tocqueville, equality can enable what?
4. About what does de Tocqueville believe aristocrats are busy writing?
(a) Unique nations.
(b) Mundane matters.
5. What requires years of hard and dedicated work before yielding a profit?
(d) Scholarly works.
Short Answer Questions
1. The relationship of the American aristocrat and workman is likened to a traditional aristocrat and what, according to de Tocqueville?
2. In de Tocqueville's observations, compared to European legislation, American legislation is what?
3. De Tocqueville observes that judges are not elected, but are what?
4. What type of regime did de Tocqueville study in America?
5. De Tocqueville believes that there must be complete freedom of what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)