|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 2: Chapter 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isolation increases the dangers of what?
(b) Absolute power.
(c) A dangerous leader.
2. According to de Tocqueville, governments typically perish because they lead their country into a state of anarchy or what?
3. What does de Tocqeville say is linked to--but not the same as--liberty?
4. What is one of the best safeguards against potential tyranny of the majority in America?
(a) The media.
(b) The judicial system.
(c) The balance of power.
(d) The press.
5. In de Tocqueville's observations, aristocratic societies make countless _____________ available between man and God.
(c) Methods of communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Civil associations are often born out of what?
2. Political associations exist at the national level and are most effective at what level?
3. What does de Tocqueville say religion participates in keeping the social effects of on a leash?
4. The democratic writer assumes that man is what?
5. The people in a democracy instinctively acknowledge that the interest of the many is more valuable than that of whom?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)