|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2, Part 2: Chapter 1-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristocratic regimes in Europe put the wealth into the hands of whom?
(a) The ennobled.
(b) The few.
(c) The many.
(d) The monarch.
2. The balancing act that the three branches of government perform on each other is referred to as what?
(a) Checks and balances.
(b) Opposing powers.
(c) Freedom from tyranny.
3. Civil associations are often born out of what?
(a) National political associations.
(b) State-level political associations.
(c) Local political associations.
(d) Multi-state political associations.
4. Democracies tend to value what over liberty?
(c) Political association.
5. What type of people are educated and serve to bring reason to debates through logic?
Short Answer Questions
1. The right of political association originally came from where?
2. According to de Tocqueville, governments typically perish because they lead their country into a state of anarchy or what?
3. Judges are accountable to what?
4. What does de Tocqueville observe that the principle of equality has created an extraordinary sense of in the American people?
5. Political associations combat what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)