Volume 1, Chapter 1-5
1. What year was de Tocqueville's voyage to the United States?
2. How long did de Tocqueville stay in the united States?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Nine months.
(d) One year.
3. What kind of regime did the people of France and England live in?
4. When were the first colonies established?
(a) Early 1900s.
(b) Early 1700s.
(c) Early 1500s.
(d) Early 1600s.
5. What type of regime did de Tocqueville study in America?
6. Where were the first colonies established?
(a) New England.
(b) New Haven.
7. What feeds on ignorance, according to the Puritans' religious views?
(c) The devil.
8. Power is divided between what two entities in the United States?
(a) State and federal governments.
(b) Citizens and the military.
(c) The ignorant and the intelligent.
(d) State and the people.
9. After what event was the sovereignty of the people codified in law?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Boston Tea Party.
(c) American Revolution.
(d) Declaration of Independence.
This section contains 3,915 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)