|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the results of the polygraph test?
2. What do the guards put over Robert's head before they kill him?
3. Who does Robert say the CIA assassinates?
4. What does one letter say nuns know nothing about?
5. How did Robert kill Faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert say he can't understand about Helen?
2. How does Robert try to excuse his crime?
3. How does Helen reassure Robert about his mother's feelings?
4. What does Howard say was his role as a team player?
5. What does Helen learn from the newspaper account of Robert's trial?
6. Why does Robert say he admires the Aryan Brotherhood?
7. What controversial views does Robert view before his execution?
8. What does Helen say about moral codes and the death penalty in this section?
9. What does Helen say an eye for an eye means?
10. Why does Helen liken the pardon hearing to a firing squad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Prejean's views on capital punishment and crime at the beginning of the book? How do Prejean's views change to her views at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What problems does Helen have with Robert? How does it affect her relationship with him?
Essay Topic 3
Why are Helen and Patrick so drawn to each other? What kind of relationship could they have had in the outside world?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)