|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howard Marcellus used to chair?
2. Why was the jury warned against sentencing Robert to life?
3. What does John say would be a mistake to bring up at Robert's hearing?
4. Who does Robert say the CIA assassinates?
5. What does Helen quote to Robert on the way to the execution chamber?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul Phelps excuse his role in Patrick's death?
2. What advice does John Croft give Helen and Millard about Robert's hearing?
3. What does Helen say an eye for an eye means?
4. Why does Helen think that there needs to be restraint when it comes to revenge?
5. What does Helen say about moral codes and the death penalty in this section?
6. What are the new attitudes surrounding women and death row inmates?
7. What does Howard say was his role as a team player?
8. Why does the warden question Helen before Robert's death?
9. What does Helen learn from the newspaper account of Robert's trial?
10. What does Helen lean about Faith's death in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does politics play in Death Row? How can it affect the person's sentence? How can politics be prevented in interfering in execution cases?
Essay Topic 2
What is Helen's relationship with Vernon? How does Vernon help to balance Helen's views on the death penalty? Why does Elizabeth see her as the only person who can bring back his will to live?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lloyd LeBlanc feel it important to forgive Patrick? How does forgiving him so easily help him get over his daughter's death?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)