|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen say executions encourage?
2. What is Liz Scott's job?
3. Who does Robert tell Helen he doesn't plan to be chummy with?
4. What was Faith leaving to join the day after her murder?
5. What does the U.S. call the Contras?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howard say he continued to accept the bribes?
2. Why does the warden question Helen before Robert's death?
3. How have Elizabeth and Vernon's life been difficult since the death of Faith?
4. How does Paul Phelps excuse his role in Patrick's death?
5. What was Robert WIllie's crime?
6. What does Helen say an eye for an eye means?
7. Why does Robert say he admires the Aryan Brotherhood?
8. How does Helen reassure Robert about his mother's feelings?
9. What does Robert say he can't understand about Helen?
10. How does Robert try to excuse his crime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Patrick's motives for killing the couple? Would Patrick and his brother have committed such a crime if they were living in better circumstances? Does such a a crime deserves the electric chair?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lloyd LeBlanc feel it important to forgive Patrick? How does forgiving him so easily help him get over his daughter's death?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the death penalty more prominent in the Southern states than the Northern states? In what does this suggest a tension between the two parts of the country?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)