|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the house Helen works at in New Orleans?
2. Who goes with Helen to see Patrick on January 18?
3. Who does Prejean think she has betrayed by befriending Patrick?
4. What does Prejean say she once took for granted?
5. Who was Patrick's mother raised by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Patrick's upbringing like?
2. What is Helen's opinions of Patrick after her first visit with him?
3. Why does Helen refuse Colon's offer to write to another prisoner?
4. What does Helen point out about executions in America?
5. Why does Helen think Patrick heeds her word and not leaving life with hatred in his heart?
6. What problems does Helen have with the priest who interviews her before she visits Patrick?
7. Why does Millard think there are seldom rich people on Death Row?
8. What memories does Patrick have of his father?
9. Why does Helen think Patrick says another to Mr. Borque?
10. What does Patrick say his and Eddie's plan was once they were arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Partick's upbringing? How do you think his upbringing contributed to his life in crime? Do you think such an upbringing should be taken into consideration by the court?
Essay Topic 2
What was Helen's upbringing? How does Helen's upbringing differ from Robert's and Patrick's? How is a person's upbringing responsible for the person he/she becomes?
Essay Topic 3
What are Prejean's views on capital punishment and crime at the beginning of the book? How do Prejean's views change to her views at the end of the book?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)