|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon say he stopped himself from killing Robert?
(a) He feared he would also hurt innocent people.
(b) He didn't think Robert was worth his energy.
(c) He wanted Robert to suffer on death row.
(d) He can't bring himself to feel hate.
2. How does Phelps excuse himself for his responsibility in Patrick's death?
(a) Patrick was a murderer.
(b) He believes in God.
(c) He is a law abiding citizen.
(d) It's his job.
3. What bad news does Robert receive in November?
(a) He is denied a new trial.
(b) His execution is put forward a month.
(c) His mother passes away.
(d) His brother passes away.
4. Who does Robert say the CIA assassinates?
(a) Poor people.
(b) Enemies of the state.
(c) Good people.
(d) Anyone it pleases.
5. What does Robert claim was his role in killing Faith?
(a) He stabbed her.
(b) He held her hands down.
(c) He ripped off her clothes.
(d) He tied her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert ask Helen if she misses?
2. Who does Robert cry to in this section?
3. What does Sarah Jacoby urge in her writings?
4. What does Helen say people quote as grounds to keep the death penalty?
5. What does Robert say he wants to go out wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen think that there needs to be restraint when it comes to revenge?
2. How does Robert try to excuse his crime?
3. What does Helen say about moral codes and the death penalty in this section?
4. Why does the warden question Helen before Robert's death?
5. What does Robert say he can't understand about Helen?
6. Why does Helen liken the pardon hearing to a firing squad?
7. What advice does John Croft give Helen and Millard about Robert's hearing?
8. Why does Howard say he continued to accept the bribes?
9. How does Robert claim the police duped him?
10. What does Helen lean about Faith's death in this section?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)