|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen say Robert's mother's tears speak louder than?
(a) Her words.
(b) The justice system.
(c) Robert's words.
(d) The victim's cries.
2. What does Robert ask Helen if she misses?
(a) Having money.
(b) Having a man.
(c) Having children.
(d) Seeing Patrick.
3. What does Helen liken the members of the pardon board to?
(a) A fleet of vultures.
(b) A school of piranhas.
(c) A firing squad.
(d) A pack of wolves.
4. Why was the jury warned against sentencing Robert to life?
(a) He did not commit the crime alone.
(b) He might be granted parole in the future.
(c) He is sorry for his actions.
(d) He has a young family.
5. Who does Rabert say was the main father figure in his life?
(a) His stepfathter.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the results of the polygraph test?
2. What does Robert say he would be willing to do if someone killed young children?
3. What program is Helen involved in at Hope House?
4. What does the U.S. call the Contras?
5. How is Vernon Harvey related to Faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert want to prove himself to his mother?
2. What advice does John Croft give Helen and Millard about Robert's hearing?
3. How does Helen reassure Robert about his mother's feelings?
4. What does Helen learn from the newspaper account of Robert's trial?
5. What does Helen say an eye for an eye means?
6. How have Elizabeth and Vernon's life been difficult since the death of Faith?
7. What do the public think about Helen's involvement in Patrick's execution?
8. Why does Helen liken the pardon hearing to a firing squad?
9. What controversial views does Robert view before his execution?
10. What does Howard say was his role as a team player?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)