|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What program is Helen involved in at Hope House?
(a) The teenage drug program.
(b) The adult education program.
(c) The foster care program.
(d) The orphange program.
2. What does Helen say a mother knows about her child?
(a) His deepest thoughts.
(b) What is in his heart.
(c) What he is capable of.
(d) What's in his smile.
3. Who warned the jury against sentencing Robert to life in prison?
(a) The judge.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The governor.
4. Who does Howard say was aware of his bribes?
(a) The warden.
(b) The prisoners.
(c) The governor.
(d) The prison guards.
5. Who does Millard select to help with Robert's case?
(a) Peter Jones.
(b) John Croft.
(c) John Thomas.
(d) Fred Yearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen say there is need for when it comes to revenge?
2. What did Paul Phelps design?
3. What does Helen think people are hiding behind concerning Patrick's death?
4. What do the guards put over Robert's head before they kill him?
5. What did Robert order his mother to do at his sentencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helen lean about Faith's death in this section?
2. What controversial views does Robert view before his execution?
3. What does Helen learn from the newspaper account of Robert's trial?
4. Why does Robert say he admires the Aryan Brotherhood?
5. How does Helen support her involvement in Patrick's execution?
6. Why does Helen liken the pardon hearing to a firing squad?
7. How does Robert try to excuse his crime?
8. What does Helen say about moral codes and the death penalty in this section?
9. Why does Howard say he continued to accept the bribes?
10. How does Helen reassure Robert about his mother's feelings?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)