|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Millard say 99% of death row inmates are?
(c) Mentally ill.
2. What is the title of Albert Camus' essay on capital punishment?
(a) Innocent Children.
(b) Victims of Hypocrisy.
(c) The Government's Mirror.
(d) Reflections on the Gullotine
3. What does Helen encourage Eddie to do in her letter to him?
(a) Ask for a parole hearing.
(b) Make something of his time in prison.
(c) Turn to God.
(d) Campaign for his brother.
4. What is Helen disappointed is present at the meeting with Patrick?
(a) A television crew.
(d) Security guards.
5. Where is Helen at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Death row.
(c) Le Blanc's house.
(d) Bourque's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Patrick's previous lawyer fail to interview?
2. What does Sister Kathleen tell Helen she is supposed to be preparing for Patrick?
3. Who does Eddie say is guilty of the two teenagers' murders?
4. What animal does Prejean claim she once tortured?
5. What does Patrick say he uses his footlocker for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patrick's situation change on August 19?
2. What does Helen state about the love between her and Patrick?
3. What is Helen's opinions of Patrick after her first visit with him?
4. Why does Millard think there are seldom rich people on Death Row?
5. What similar crimes were Eddie and Patrick accused of?
6. What happens during Patrick's execution?
7. What does Helen point out about executions in America?
8. What mistakes does Millard say Patrick's lawyer made?
9. What memories does Patrick have of his father?
10. How does Lloyd LeBlanc make Helen question herself?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)