|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Patrick's mother?
2. Why does Helen think Patrick does not apologize to Mr. Borgue?
(a) He is guilty of his own crimes.
(b) He wants Patrick to die.
(c) He is too ashamed.
(d) He has an unforgiving nature.
3. Why does Helen think the governor has to go through with Patrick's execution?
(a) Because of media pressure.
(b) Because of the politcal situation.
(c) Because of the governor's personal preference.
(d) Because of Patrick's crimes.
4. What does Helen have to get out of the car to do as she leaves Death Row?
5. What does Prejean say she once took for granted?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her upbringing.
(c) Her financial situation.
(d) Her education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the red block letters spell out?
2. What does Prejean used to think nuns were not?
3. Where is Eddie not allowed to go to on the day of Patrick's funeral?
4. Who does Patrick apologize to before he dies?
5. What does Prejean say people call the part of the city where the black people lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Helen have with the priest who interviews her before she visits Patrick?
2. How does Helen say her views on Patrick's execution have changed since ten years ago?
3. What memories does Patrick have of his father?
4. Why does meeting Patrick make Helen realize how lucky she has been?
5. Why does Helen refuse Colon's offer to write to another prisoner?
6. What is Patrick angry about in this section?
7. Why does the governor refuse to interfere with Patrick's execution?
8. How does Helen force the prison to relax their rules on giving visitors food?
9. What does Helen state about the love between her and Patrick?
10. What is Helen's opinions of Patrick after her first visit with him?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)