|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen say everybody involved in the execution process does?
(a) Feels personal pride at the executions.
(b) Falls into deep depression after an execution.
(c) Feels he/she is overseeing justice.
(d) Denies personal responsibilty.
2. What is Liz Scott's job?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An author.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A reporter.
3. What will the guards do to Robert's jeans before he is executed?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Tear them down their seam.
(c) Rip out their back.
(d) Cut them to the knee.
4. What does Robert say he wants to go out wearing?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His favorite socks.
(c) His hat.
(d) His boots.
5. What is Helen organizing to bring attention to Patrick's case?
(a) A fund raiser.
(b) A newspaper campaign.
(c) A radio show.
(d) A march.
6. What did Robert order his mother to do at his sentencing?
(a) See the priest.
(b) Find a man.
(c) Dry up.
(d) Go home.
7. Where was Faith's body discovered?
(a) A lake.
(b) A river.
(c) A cave.
(d) A mountainside.
8. Who is Helen questioned by at the funeral?
(a) Patrick's mother.
(b) The victims' family.
(c) The church members.
9. Who does Robert cry to in this section?
(a) His mother.
(d) His stepfather.
10. What does John say would be a mistake to bring up at Robert's hearing?
(a) The governors intervention.
(b) The political aspects of the case.
(c) Robert's new found faith in God.
(d) The jury's mistakes.
11. What does Helen think Faith consumed before her death?
(a) Sleeping pills.
12. What does Don say will skew the results of the phonograph test?
(a) Nervous energy.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Cold air.
(d) Emotional stress.
13. What was Howard Marcellus convicted of in 1991?
(a) Leaking secrets.
(b) Armed robbery.
(c) Accepting bribes.
14. What does Robert claim was his role in killing Faith?
(a) He held her hands down.
(b) He stabbed her.
(c) He ripped off her clothes.
(d) He tied her up.
15. Why does Robert say it is hard for him to sympathize with the victim's parents?
(a) They have spread lies about him.
(b) They are guilty of their own crimes.
(c) They are trying to kill him.
(d) They have upset his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen tell Robert is her goal?
2. What does the U.S. call the Contras?
3. What does Helen say executions encourage?
4. What does Robert say his state was on the night he murdered Faith?
5. What kind of prisoner does John say Robert is?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)