|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the jury warned against sentencing Robert to life?
(a) He has a young family.
(b) He might be granted parole in the future.
(c) He did not commit the crime alone.
(d) He is sorry for his actions.
2. What does Don say will skew the results of the phonograph test?
(a) Emotional stress.
(b) Cold air.
(c) Nervous energy.
(d) Mental illness.
3. What does John say would be a mistake to bring up at Robert's hearing?
(a) The governors intervention.
(b) The political aspects of the case.
(c) Robert's new found faith in God.
(d) The jury's mistakes.
4. What does Robert want to come back and bomb?
5. Who does Rabert say was the main father figure in his life?
(a) His stepfathter.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
6. What does Helen say everybody involved in the execution process does?
(a) Falls into deep depression after an execution.
(b) Feels personal pride at the executions.
(c) Denies personal responsibilty.
(d) Feels he/she is overseeing justice.
7. What did Paul Phelps design?
(a) The electric chair.
(b) The White House.
(c) The modern execution process.
(d) Death row.
8. What does Robert ask Helen if she misses?
(a) Seeing Patrick.
(b) Having money.
(c) Having children.
(d) Having a man.
9. What did Robert order his mother to do at his sentencing?
(a) Find a man.
(b) See the priest.
(c) Dry up.
(d) Go home.
10. How is Vernon Harvey related to Faith?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) Her father.
11. How did Robert kill Faith?
(a) He strangled her.
(b) He cut off her head.
(c) He stabbed her.
(d) He shot her.
12. What does Sarah Jacoby urge in her writings?
(a) A thought for Faith's parents.
(b) Measured justice.
(c) A new trial.
(d) Slow execution.
13. What is the name of Faith Hathaway's mother?
14. What does Robert think his mother can't handle?
(a) His pardon hearing.
(b) His new trial.
(c) His funeral.
(d) His execution.
15. What is Liz Scott's job?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say his state was on the night he murdered Faith?
2. What does Helen say there is need for when it comes to revenge?
3. What was Faith leaving to join the day after her murder?
4. What does the newspaper report say Robert had called the judge?
5. What does Helen liken the members of the pardon board to?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)