|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen quote to Robert on the way to the execution chamber?
(a) Robert's favorite poem.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Lord's Prayer.
(d) The execution laws.
2. How is Vernon Harvey related to Faith?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her stepfather.
3. Why does Vernon say he stopped himself from killing Robert?
(a) He feared he would also hurt innocent people.
(b) He didn't think Robert was worth his energy.
(c) He can't bring himself to feel hate.
(d) He wanted Robert to suffer on death row.
4. Why does Robert say it is hard for him to sympathize with the victim's parents?
(a) They have spread lies about him.
(b) They have upset his mother.
(c) They are trying to kill him.
(d) They are guilty of their own crimes.
5. What does Helen say is the true meaning behind eye for an eye?
(a) People should forgive but not forget.
(b) Justice should be commensurate with the crime.
(c) Justice should fit the crime.
(d) People should respect each other.
6. Who warned the jury against sentencing Robert to life in prison?
(a) The governor.
(b) The district attorney.
(c) The judge.
(d) The mayor.
7. What kind of test does Helen arrange for Robert to take?
(a) A religious test.
(b) A polygraph test.
(c) An eyetest.
(d) A spiritual test.
8. What did Robert order his mother to do at his sentencing?
(a) Find a man.
(b) See the priest.
(c) Dry up.
(d) Go home.
9. What bad news does Robert receive in November?
(a) His execution is put forward a month.
(b) His brother passes away.
(c) He is denied a new trial.
(d) His mother passes away.
10. Who does Robert tell Helen he doesn't plan to be chummy with?
(a) The guards.
(b) His siblings.
(d) Faith's parents.
11. What does Helen say she loved Patrick as?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A human.
(c) A brother.
(d) A husband.
12. What does Robert say he couldn't imagine a life without?
13. What does Helen think people are hiding behind concerning Patrick's death?
14. What does the newspaper report say Robert had called the judge?
15. Why does Robert say he signed a confession?
(a) The police told him he couldn't get a lawyer until he did so.
(b) The police told him he would receive more leniant sentence.
(c) The police told him they would arrest his mother.
(d) The police told him they would torture him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rabert say was the main father figure in his life?
2. Who does Robert cry to in this section?
3. What political figure does Prejean ask Robert if he admires?
4. What is Helen organizing to bring attention to Patrick's case?
5. Why was the jury warned against sentencing Robert to life?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)