|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Partick try to kill himself?
(a) He throws him self down steps.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He slits his wrist.
(d) He takes an overdose.
2. What does Prejean say Patrick never talks about?
(c) His crime.
3. Where is Helen at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) Bourque's house.
(c) Death row.
(d) Le Blanc's house.
4. Who goes with Helen to see Patrick on January 18?
5. Why does Helen think Patrick does not apologize to Mr. Borgue?
(a) He is too ashamed.
(b) He is guilty of his own crimes.
(c) He has an unforgiving nature.
(d) He wants Patrick to die.
6. What is Frank Blackburn's position in the prison?
(a) Electric chair operator.
7. What is the name of the hearing Millard decides is best that Patrick does not attend?
(a) The Parole Board.
(b) The Pardon Board.
(c) The Row Board.
(d) The Life Board.
8. Who does Prejean think she has betrayed by befriending Patrick?
(a) The victim's family.
(b) Her church.
(c) The victims.
9. Why does Patrick say his mother rarely comes to visit him?
(a) She suffers bad health.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She is in prison.
(d) She does not like him.
10. What does Patrick write in the page of his Bible?
(a) His death date.
(b) His daughter's name.
(c) His favorite quote.
(d) His birth date.
11. Why does Patrick think the governor is under pressure to execute him?
(a) Patrick's crime was particurly violent.
(b) Louis LeBlanc has just passed away.
(c) The state has just executed two blacks.
(d) Their is a campaign in support of Patrick's execution.
12. Who does Eddie say is guilty of the two teenagers' murders?
(a) Louis LeBlanc.
(b) His mother.
13. How does Patrick say he wants to talk to Helen?
14. Why does Helen think the governor has to go through with Patrick's execution?
(a) Because of the politcal situation.
(b) Because of Patrick's crimes.
(c) Because of media pressure.
(d) Because of the governor's personal preference.
15. What does Prejean say the Sonnier brothers are riddled with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Patrick apologize to before he dies?
2. What is Helen disappointed is present at the meeting with Patrick?
3. What does Helen tell Patrick he will leave life with if he says anything negative?
4. Who arrives at Patrick's execution at the last moment?
5. What does Patrick imagine he screams as the guards drag him to the electric chair?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)