|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Millard say is the answer to Patrick's situation?
(a) The warden.
(b) The governor.
(c) The mayor.
2. What does Patrick refuse from Helen before his death?
(c) A crucifix.
3. What part of their body did the Heel String Gang slit?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their noses.
(c) Their throats.
(d) Their Achilles heel.
4. Why does Patrick say his mother rarely comes to visit him?
(a) She suffers bad health.
(b) She is in prison.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She has no money.
5. What has a five member board?
(a) The state board.
(b) The jury board.
(c) The pardon board.
(d) The parole board.
6. What animal does Prejean claim she once tortured?
(a) An opossum.
(b) A skunk.
(c) A dingo.
(d) A dog.
7. What does Helen ask Patrick to do for her?
(a) Forgive Eddie.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Say goodbye to his mother.
8. Where does Kimellen travel to on Christmas Day?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) Orange County.
9. What is the only thing a prisoners has to read in the hole?
(a) Tourist guides.
(b) Song lyrics.
(c) Prison rules.
(d) A Bible.
10. What does Patrick leave to Helen in his will?
(a) His money.
(b) All of his possessions.
(c) His book collection.
(d) His bible.
11. Who arrives at Patrick's execution at the last moment?
12. What does Prejean say the Sonnier brothers are riddled with?
13. What is the name of Pat's brother?
14. What does Patrick write in the page of his Bible?
(a) His favorite quote.
(b) His daughter's name.
(c) His birth date.
(d) His death date.
15. What does Prejean used to think nuns were not?
(a) Social workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Patrick's mother?
2. What does Prejean say first frightened her about Patrick's photo?
3. What do the red block letters spell out?
4. What does Patrick imagine he screams as the guards drag him to the electric chair?
5. What is the title of Albert Camus' essay on capital punishment?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)