|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen think the governor has to go through with Patrick's execution?
(a) Because of the politcal situation.
(b) Because of Patrick's crimes.
(c) Because of the governor's personal preference.
(d) Because of media pressure.
2. What does Helen have to get out of the car to do as she leaves Death Row?
3. How does Patrick say he wants to talk to Helen?
4. Who does Eddie write a letter to in Chapter 3?
(a) Sister Helen.
(b) The warden.
(c) The governor.
(d) Bishop Ort.
5. What has a five member board?
(a) The state board.
(b) The jury board.
(c) The parole board.
(d) The pardon board.
6. What does Prejean say Pat's return letter brims with?
7. What does Prejean say first frightened her about Patrick's photo?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His smile.
8. What is the only thing a prisoners has to read in the hole?
(a) Tourist guides.
(b) Prison rules.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Song lyrics.
9. What is Helen not allowed while in the death house?
10. What was the name of Vernon and Elizabeth Hardy's daughter?
11. What does Helen ask Patrick to do for her?
(a) Forgive Eddie.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Say goodbye to his mother.
(d) Pray for her.
12. Who was Patrick's mother raised by?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
13. Why does Patrick say his mother rarely comes to visit him?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She is in prison.
(d) She suffers bad health.
14. Why does Patrick say he is so happy to be able to communicate with Prejean?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) She listens.
(c) He is bored.
(d) She gives good advice.
15. What does Millard say 99% of death row inmates are?
(b) Mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Prejean claim she once tortured?
2. Who goes with Helen to see Patrick on January 18?
3. Who does Helen call a kindred spirit?
4. How does Prejean describe Pat's appearance 40 hours before his execution?
5. What is the name of the hearing Millard decides is best that Patrick does not attend?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)