Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XIII, the author states that love is felt by what?
(d) The human mind.
2. What is the first property gained by the soul after passing through the dark night?
(a) Sin starts to have no consequences.
(b) Senses do not hinder the spirit.
(c) God begins to love the soul of the person.
(d) The soul no longer feels any need for God.
3. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
(a) After enkindlement.
(b) After God's punishment.
(c) After death.
(d) From birth.
4. In Book II, Chapter XVII, who is given the knowledge of the divine?
(b) No one.
(c) Not everyone.
(d) Only priests.
5. For whom is the ninth step on the ladder reserved, according to Book II, Chapter XX?
Short Answer Questions
1. Without passing through the dark night, the author says that people are still what of their natural desires and wants?
2. What is the term given to a spiritual experience beyond words?
3. What step of the ladder feels like heaven on earth?
4. What is the purpose for writing <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i> that St. John describes?
5. What is the main topic of discussion in Book II, Chapter XV?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)