|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soul must endure periods of trial, testing, and what else to reach its final state of union with God as described by St. John?
2. In Book II, Chapter XXIV, in what state is the soul when the soul is united with divine wisdom after passing through the dark night?
3. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
(c) God's love.
(d) Real fire.
4. For whom is the ninth step on the ladder reserved, according to Book II, Chapter XX?
5. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
(a) Grace and redemption.
(b) Love and wisdom.
(c) Guilt and suffering.
(d) Freedom and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author conclude his work?
2. What does the author explain about his work in Book II, Chapter XXII?
3. What is the main topic of Book II, Chapter XVII?
4. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
5. What are souls on the sixth step granted, according to St. John?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)