|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soul must endure periods of trial, testing, and what else to reach its final state of union with God as described by St. John?
2. According to St. John, what two states does a person have to pass through to realize a state of perfection with God?
(a) Immortal and divine.
(b) Believer and sinner.
(c) Beginner and proficient.
(d) Infant and newborn.
3. When the souls on earth are purged, with what do they become infused, according to Book II, Chapter XII?
(a) Love and wisdom.
(b) Guilt and suffering.
(c) Freedom and pain.
(d) Grace and redemption.
4. In Book II, Chapter XI, the soul would miss the spiritual love and affection of what if it was to go away?
(a) The guild of sin.
(b) The demands of the earthly world.
(c) The fire of the Spirit.
(d) The threat of evil.
5. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
(a) The better of a chance to enter heaven.
(b) The more likely to sin.
(c) The closer to God a being will become.
(d) The better of a chance to backslide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book II, Chapter XI, when will the soul seek God?
2. What step of the ladder feels like heaven on earth?
3. What can the devil sense is going on during the dark night, as written in Book II, Chapter XXIII?
4. According to St. John, on what step does the soul seek to do something worthy of God without any favor from God?
5. How does the author compare God's trail as He leads the soul on the journey through the dark night?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)