Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In <i>Dark Night of the Soul</i>, the soul praises the darkness from which it has escaped what?
(a) God's wrath.
(b) The danger zone.
(c) Sensual affections.
(d) Mortal sin.
2. It is necessary for the spirit and the sensual portion of man to be separated in order for what to happen, according to Book II, Chapter III?
(a) God's forgiveness.
(b) An entrance into heaven.
(c) The second night of darkness.
3. In Book I, Chapter X, what can people become if they do not recognize they are going through the dark night?
(b) More sinful.
4. What does the soul find in the dark night that it must face, according to Book II, Chapter IX?
5. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) A Bible verse.
(b) God's message to himself.
(c) The work of another author.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VI, what sin are new believers said to be especially prone to because of its sweetness?
2. What is the topic of the prologue?
3. What does St. John say a man has that will impede the process of unifying with God?
4. What does the spirit of a man search for in the darkness?
5. With what are the spirits in purgatory purged?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)