Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbed by divine purgation, according to Book II, Chapter VIII?
(c) The sleep cycle.
(d) The power of sin.
2. On what does the author expound, in Book I, Chapter XI?
(a) The work of another author.
(b) God's message to himself.
(c) A Bible verse.
(d) The poem from the prologue.
3. Gluttony is exhibited when believers go to extremes and will not stop what?
(a) Spiritual exercises.
(b) Being angry at others.
(c) Collecting money.
(d) Having sexual affairs.
4. When does the deadening of a person to the presence of sin get refreshed, according to the author?
(a) The first night of purging.
(b) During a weekly fast.
(c) Whenever in prayer with God.
(d) The second night of purging.
5. Beginners suffering from gluttony will find it hard to travel the "Road of" what, according to St. John?
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter III, what is the rosary made of?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
4. According to St. John, what strong desire does a new Christian experience?
5. In Book II, Chapter VI, how many kinds of pain result from the meeting of the divine and human?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)