|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. St. John writes that a person experiencing the dark night might feel as if who has abandoned him?
(a) His family.
(b) His children.
(d) His friends.
2. What do beginning Christians feel happens when they grow in faith and deal with suffering for God's sake, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
(a) God draws closer to them.
(b) They no longer believe in their faith.
(c) God suddenly abandons them.
(d) Their sins worsen.
3. In Book I, Chapter V, beginners fall victim to wrath when they lets the sins of other do what?
(b) Enter their lives.
(c) Irritate them.
(d) Influence decisions.
4. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(a) God's love.
(b) Other's love.
5. According to St. John, what happens when beginners try to build their own spirituality instead of waiting on God?
(a) They begin to feel like they no longer need God.
(b) They succeed.
(c) They begin to influence other into sin.
(d) They become frustrated with the progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for avarice?
2. What is the title of the poem that is introduced in the prologue?
3. During the dark night, what does the Christian want to do when the spirit of blasphemy descends, according to Book I, Chapter XIV?
4. When entering into the dark night, what does God cause the soul of the person to simply desire, according to Book I, Chapter IX?
5. What does St. John say affects Christians in a way that they are easily swayed by their senses and see imaginary visions?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)