Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapter XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are souls on the sixth step granted, according to St. John?
(a) Magical powers.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) Immense wealth.
(d) Things which they ask for.
2. St. John says that in periods of affliction during the dark night, the soul may feel as if what will never go away?
3. In Book I, Chapter XII, the soul develops a fear of what during the dark night?
(c) God's love.
(d) Other's love.
4. In Book II, Chapter XII, what does the spirit of wisdom and love also affects?
(a) Angel's souls.
(c) The earth.
(d) The universe.
5. As described in Book II, Chapter II, what are deeply rooted in the spirit of a person and must be removed by the purging of the soul?
(a) Spiritual imperfections.
(b) The seven deadly sins.
(c) Habitual imperfections.
(d) Mortal sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, Chapter VIII, what does the second night purify?
2. In Book I, Chapter II, what sin do beginners exhibit when they choose leaders who agree with their views?
3. What happens when the soul has a more complete purging, according to the author?
4. What happens when there are periods of rest for the soul during the dark night?
5. St. John's use of writing about a spiritual ladder as a path to unification with God is an example of what?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)